Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance A WHOLE LOTTA BS UNHEALTHY POO

This is the WORST shampoo I've used in my entire life, I'd give it negative five stars if I could! I normally have healthy, shiny, beautiful hair but this shampoo made it disgustingly greasy and waxy, especially at the roots. My hair was falling out by the fistful and had become impossible to style, it felt like I had put effing glue in my hair! Thankfully apple cider vinegar fixed everything but I will never spend my money on Organix anything again. Seriously horrible product. Don't buy it. :(

on 6/28/2017 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My absolute favorite shampoo. I enjoy most of what I've tried from Ogx (or organix) but the tea tree line is just the best for my hair. I have very fine, wavy hair that tends to be on the drier side. This is moisturizing without weighting my hair down, leaves my hair very clean feeling, and smells absolutely amazing. I'm sure it not for every hair type (no shampoo really is!) but for me it works wonders. I've been using it for several years now and I definitely notice when I stray and try something new.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging of all the ogx products is cute if not super travel friendly. I had high hopes that this would be good for my scalp. Unfortunately it left my hair feeling greasy even after trying it a few different times. My hair looks like it wasn't washed at all. I will definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product!! Speeds up the growth of my hair while improving the condition of my scalp. It gently cleans my hair and doesn't leave behind any oily residue.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Organix SUCKS!!!!.
I ve tried it a few times...when it first came out and when it was on sale. Nope. It sucks. It leaves my hair totally unmanageable. It does have a minty smell, but leaves no smell at all in my long, thick, wavy hair...I do like my hair to smell nice and I do have to say that is one of the factors for me when I add a new shampoo or conditioner into my hair care rotation.....
Basically, this shampoo is all hype... all jelly--no toast.. blah, blah, blah. It didn't do anything spectacular for my hair except make it a tangled mess for me to detangle and THAT really pissed me off. It was like I didn't use any conditioner and I have a few different shampoos from other countries that I LOVE AND HAVE NO CONDITIONER AND THEY STILL WORK GREAT!!!! not Organix!!!!!
Anyway.....boo to this stuff. MAYBE MY Hair NEEDS The Sulfates Or WHAT EVER they are leaving OUT.....either way...I'm DONE trying AND buying Organix. It doesn't work for me...I'm ok with sulfates and parabens....not a problem for my hair because It is tough I guess :-)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Let's talk about the big elephant in the room-for one- this brand is anything but organic. The play on the word "organics" is very misleading and apparently the less-than-stellar reviews seem to accurately reflect the quality of the "pure and simple" products by "Organi-x" (Well now it's been changed to OGX).

I have low porosity, 3c/4a hair and my biggest issue is chronic dryness.

In fairness, I purchased just the shampoo, and it was average. (Usually the results are better in conjunction to using with the conditioner...) but It's not so much that the product "dried out" my hair or "damaged" it...it just did nothing for me. The smell is disturbingly artificial- similar to synthetic soap with a subtle hint of mint ( maybe tea tree I don't know.) And you would think that an ingredients such as peppermint and tea tree are sustainable and relatively cheap essential oils, I'm baffled as to why I can't even detect it in the shampoo. . .

Overall, this shampoo is an over-hyped, generic shampoo that doesn't deliver on their promises. The only positive feedback I can give for this sub-par product is that their bottle designs are cute, and it didn't "damage or dry" my hair.

on 2/23/2015 11:35:00 PM

I have very thick long hair. I sort of like this shampoo and sort of don't. As another person said, it is bogus and crappy the fact that they play up on the word organic when this product is definitely not and it is more pricey that what it should be. I find that irritating. I do loveee the smell even if it is fake and not of essential oils. (partially why I went back to this shampoo, the smell alone I like). Smells fresh and unique, it does feel a little minty on my scalp when washing and that feels nice. My hair is beautiful, soft and shiny hydrated after using BUT the most annoying thing I find is that, my scalp is itchy after..soo I probably won't buy again :(. It's funny that my scalp would be itchy and have some bumps after a shampoo that has tea tree and mint..since tea tree usually helps with that type of thing so it must be the other chemicals and ingredients in this that my skin finds irritating. Sucks because I do like the feel of my hair after and love the smell. I have used the morrocan argan oil shampoo from this brand and I like it but my hair isn't as soft as it is with the tea tree mint. Their Kukui oil shampoo/conditioner, I didn't like at all..left my hair dry and gross.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is a bit bulky but very sturdy. Everyone is saying that this product dries out their hair but honestly it's so moisturizing and leaves my long, fine hair feeling like silk. It's sulfate-free and cleans amazingly without leaving my scalp dry and tight. The consistency is a gel-like green formula which is great for my oily roots and dry ends. If you are super prone to dryness I would skip this & go for a formula that is more rich and creamy but for me it moisturizes my hair beautifully. Even thought it's not the cheapest for the amount you get this is the only shampoo from the drugstore that is truly gentle and sulfate free which is HUGE for me since sulfate filled shampoos leave my scalp so tight, dry, itchy and frizzy. I absolutely adore the mint chocolate chip scent but I can understand why other people would dislike it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love Organix and their products. I use several of their products, and this is my staple item. It always leaves my hair really clean and fresh.

I have very thick, coarse, frizzy hair, and am frequently applying oils and using shampoos and conditioners to help make my hair shiny. Sometimes if I use too many products or silky shampoos, my hair will produce too much natural oil, and even after a fresh wash might start to appear oily.

When that happens, all I need is one good wash with my Tea Tree Mint Shampoo and Conditioner. It cleanses my hair to a more natural form without stripping it. While washing, the mint invigorates my scalp and makes me feel awake while the tea tree oil leaves my hair moisturized but not oily. It lathers very nicely, smells very nice, and makes my hair feel really clean. It replenishes my hair to a nice clean state, but still takes away unwanted frizz. After the shower, my hair is naturally soft and healthy!

This is the first Organix product I tried, and it is still one of my favorites. The price is incredible, and the results are worth triple the price at least. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a shampoo/conditioner that will clean your hair well while also making it soft and healthy for a great price!

on 1/3/2015 1:18:00 PM

I think everything about this brand is bogus. Organix does not even use organic ingredients, it just plays on the name to confuse people and convince them to pay more for inferior products and non-organic ingredients. This shampoo does not work as well as other cheaper shampoos and actually left my roots greasy and my ends frizzy. I would not repurchase this product.

Popular Shampoos