Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance A WHOLE LOTTA BS UNHEALTHY POO

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I"m not quite sure why this shampoo has so many negative review's. I honestly love it. About my hair color treated, split ends, damaged, dry ends , oily scalp, naturally wavy use heat tools often. (Although i have been taking a 2 week break) . I love the smell its fresh, minty . The packaging is adorable bright Green. The consistency of the shampoo is a bit thick. However, dont let that scare you it wasnt at all too heavy on my oily scalp. It cleaned my hair i didnt need too use a large amount. Tea tree has a lot of benefits for your hair helps with Oil & Dandruff also dry patches on your scalp which i struggle with all three. Also helps with demodex mites which i struggled in the past with my skin more then my hair. I used this shampoo an the paul mitchell tea tree . Honestly this one is far more better I have included my reasons . Its also safe for color treated hair unlike most tea tree shampoos that fade your hair color this one doesn't because its sulfate free. Overall i think its a great shampoo pricing is amazing too because its not more then $8.00 an it comes in two sizes . First size is 13 fl oz i have found it at Walmart for $5.00 the second size is 19.5 fl oz which i also purchased at Walmart an it was on sale for $6.75 so thats a bargin. It lasts forever. Its moisturizing and helps with oily scalp so it can work as a balancing shampoo as well. I find that my scalp is less oily when i use it an i can go longer in between showers. An i find that my ends arent as dry. My hair is shiny an not very frizzy. Yes i reccomend this shampoo over and over. What a great affordable gem .

on 11/23/2017 1:22:00 PM

Well, first off this is my first bottle of this style/scent tea tree oil and mint. It smells SO great, like chocolate and mint candy. That's where the product goodness goes awry. I didn't buy the conditioner, it was to expensive when I wasn't sure I'd like this one.
It made my longish, thick,course and wavy hair a tangled feeling mess!. It felt striped of all oils, I had to put argon dry oil on it to even able to attempt to comb the tangles out.
Another thing I want to add here...- The tea tree oil and peppermint oil are both KNOWN to kill DEMODEX MITES, they live,are hatched and die inside hair follicles and pores. That is why some people in these reviews felt an itchiness in their scalps that hadn't been there before use. They had "aggravated" the mites. Of which all humans have but few ever notice until something aggravates them. Then they're hell on earth for the person affected. Look them up online many articles to learn more about them. Most have photographs of the mites.
When this shampoo came into contact with pores that were nests to the mites it started to kill them, some would've been longer to be affected and others could've fled down the neck or into the ears. Just wanted toads my thoughts on this shampoo and knowledge of the demodex mites.

on 6/28/2017 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My absolute favorite shampoo. I enjoy most of what I've tried from Ogx (or organix) but the tea tree line is just the best for my hair. I have very fine, wavy hair that tends to be on the drier side. This is moisturizing without weighting my hair down, leaves my hair very clean feeling, and smells absolutely amazing. I'm sure it not for every hair type (no shampoo really is!) but for me it works wonders. I've been using it for several years now and I definitely notice when I stray and try something new.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product!! Speeds up the growth of my hair while improving the condition of my scalp. It gently cleans my hair and doesn't leave behind any oily residue.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging of all the ogx products is cute if not super travel friendly. I had high hopes that this would be good for my scalp. Unfortunately it left my hair feeling greasy even after trying it a few different times. My hair looks like it wasn't washed at all. I will definitely not repurchase.

This is the WORST shampoo I've used in my entire life, I'd give it negative five stars if I could! I normally have healthy, shiny, beautiful hair but this shampoo made it disgustingly greasy and waxy, especially at the roots. My hair was falling out by the fistful and had become impossible to style, it felt like I had put effing glue in my hair! Thankfully apple cider vinegar fixed everything but I will never spend my money on Organix anything again. Seriously horrible product. Don't buy it. :(

on 2/23/2015 11:35:00 PM

I have very thick long hair. I sort of like this shampoo and sort of don't. As another person said, it is bogus and crappy the fact that they play up on the word organic when this product is definitely not and it is more pricey that what it should be. I find that irritating. I do loveee the smell even if it is fake and not of essential oils. (partially why I went back to this shampoo, the smell alone I like). Smells fresh and unique, it does feel a little minty on my scalp when washing and that feels nice. My hair is beautiful, soft and shiny hydrated after using BUT the most annoying thing I find is that, my scalp is itchy after..soo I probably won't buy again :(. It's funny that my scalp would be itchy and have some bumps after a shampoo that has tea tree and mint..since tea tree usually helps with that type of thing so it must be the other chemicals and ingredients in this that my skin finds irritating. Sucks because I do like the feel of my hair after and love the smell. I have used the morrocan argan oil shampoo from this brand and I like it but my hair isn't as soft as it is with the tea tree mint. Their Kukui oil shampoo/conditioner, I didn't like at all..left my hair dry and gross.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Organix SUCKS!!!!.
I ve tried it a few times...when it first came out and when it was on sale. Nope. It sucks. It leaves my hair totally unmanageable. It does have a minty smell, but leaves no smell at all in my long, thick, wavy hair...I do like my hair to smell nice and I do have to say that is one of the factors for me when I add a new shampoo or conditioner into my hair care rotation.....
Basically, this shampoo is all hype... all jelly--no toast.. blah, blah, blah. It didn't do anything spectacular for my hair except make it a tangled mess for me to detangle and THAT really pissed me off. It was like I didn't use any conditioner and I have a few different shampoos from other countries that I LOVE AND HAVE NO CONDITIONER AND THEY STILL WORK GREAT!!!! not Organix!!!!!
Anyway.....boo to this stuff. MAYBE MY Hair NEEDS The Sulfates Or WHAT EVER they are leaving OUT.....either way...I'm DONE trying AND buying Organix. It doesn't work for me...I'm ok with sulfates and parabens....not a problem for my hair because It is tough I guess :-)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Let's talk about the big elephant in the room-for one- this brand is anything but organic. The play on the word "organics" is very misleading and apparently the less-than-stellar reviews seem to accurately reflect the quality of the "pure and simple" products by "Organi-x" (Well now it's been changed to OGX).

I have low porosity, 3c/4a hair and my biggest issue is chronic dryness.

In fairness, I purchased just the shampoo, and it was average. (Usually the results are better in conjunction to using with the conditioner...) but It's not so much that the product "dried out" my hair or "damaged" it...it just did nothing for me. The smell is disturbingly artificial- similar to synthetic soap with a subtle hint of mint ( maybe tea tree I don't know.) And you would think that an ingredients such as peppermint and tea tree are sustainable and relatively cheap essential oils, I'm baffled as to why I can't even detect it in the shampoo. . .

Overall, this shampoo is an over-hyped, generic shampoo that doesn't deliver on their promises. The only positive feedback I can give for this sub-par product is that their bottle designs are cute, and it didn't "damage or dry" my hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is a bit bulky but very sturdy. Everyone is saying that this product dries out their hair but honestly it's so moisturizing and leaves my long, fine hair feeling like silk. It's sulfate-free and cleans amazingly without leaving my scalp dry and tight. The consistency is a gel-like green formula which is great for my oily roots and dry ends. If you are super prone to dryness I would skip this & go for a formula that is more rich and creamy but for me it moisturizes my hair beautifully. Even thought it's not the cheapest for the amount you get this is the only shampoo from the drugstore that is truly gentle and sulfate free which is HUGE for me since sulfate filled shampoos leave my scalp so tight, dry, itchy and frizzy. I absolutely adore the mint chocolate chip scent but I can understand why other people would dislike it.