Bodycology Body Mist in White Gardenia

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This smells like the gardenia my mom kept years ago, not the gardenia jasminoides I have now. It's a lighter, softer white floral rather than a rich, buttery tropical white floral. It's cheap and has a well balanced sillage, and lasts for about three hours on my skin. I mostly wear it around the house. A potential fix for those who covet all the pricy designer gardenia fragrances out there now, but lack the funds? The travel size bottle is ~US$2, so you're not taking a big risk by trying it!

on 1/30/2017 5:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bodycology White Gardenia is a rough sketch of a realistic gardenia, which is to say it is not photorealistic, but its nuances do add up to an actual gardenia flower, and not a soap or body wash. It's on the earthy side and it doesn't smell too fresh and green, or modern. The petals are represented here without stems or leaves. Slightly sweet and peppery with a nice creaminess, but zero powder.

I think this soliflore is for those who truly love gardenia as opposed to those looking for an inoffensive white floral. It's also a touch animalic though I wouldn't go as far as to describe it as dirty.

The quality is higher than an ordinary body mist. Longevity isn't the best but for a body mist it's great. I used two sprays every four hours.

The scent projects decently and will be great for layering year round. At $4.50 for 8 ounces, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn't even in the market for buying a perfume today (?) but I passed the boring Bodycology display looking past for something for my swappers & I noticed Gardenia. I love Gardenias so I bought it hoping it would be good. This vastly outperformed my expectations as I had bought a Bodycology spray/perfume/bodywash & it was so weak I ended up returning all 3. But this, this is amazing! It smells like Hawaii & Chanel Beige Parfum, this is the perf base for Beige but on its own it's long lasting & I agree this smells like a perfume rather than a cheapo body spray. I wish they had a travel sized but I may pour some into a smaller bottle for keeping in my purse. A white musk clean soapy floral w sweetness very pure long lasting fragrance nothing sharp nor screechy abt this scent not all headache inducing am addicted instantly I've owned this all of 5H big time new addiction my new favest thing; wish they had testers but I have my eye on the matching bodywash, lotion; & maybe check out the vanilla scented stuff!! Downtown triple crown!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My mom has a house in Florida with gardenia bushes outside. The smell is amazing, intoxicating, and I've looked for a perfume that recreates that scent for quite some time. I purchased the small bottle after trying and rejecting several perfumes. Gardenia is difficult to recreate, so my expectations were pretty low for bodycology given the price point. I was so wrong! Not only does this smell fantastically similar to real gardenias, the staying power is unbelievable, particularly for a body spray.

I have repurchased this in lotion, shower gel, and full size I ended up liking it so much. Sure itd be nice if the packaging was a bit more elegant, but the quality of the scent is so high I seriously do not care what bodycology packages this in! An amazing product at an even more amazing price...what more could an MUA addict ask for?

I love how this smells, like white musk. Also, super long lasting and pretty cheap for a big bottle. Great for colder months but may be too strong for summer :)

I love this product. I was at SDM the other day, looking at the clearance isle, and I saw that a lot of Bodycology body mists were on sale for $3 CAD. I sprayed a bit of each tester, trying to debate on which one to purchase. The cucumber melon one smelled a bit too strong and alcohol infused, and the cherry blossom one smelled sort of unpleasant and strong as well. But the white gardenia smells natural, flowery, and perfect for spring/summer. Also it lasts a long time too. I sprayed some on my skin ten minutes ago, and the smell still smells as strong as ever. I can see this lasting on my skin for a long time. Yes, I will repurchase, and since it's a HUGE bottle, this will definitely last me for ages.

on 1/11/2012 1:30:00 PM

This smells great, I would buy this again.

on 1/28/2012 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful
The rich, floral scent of fresh gardenias promotes love, peace and good spirits.

Another favorite color of mine is green so I love the light green color of this fragrance bottle and the design of the bottle is pretty too. I bought the large 8oz so I also plan to buy the Trial size Body Mist to keep in my purse.
When I went to Target I was hoping to buy the Bodymist 6 piece set so I could sample the fragrance's but I didn't see it there so I picked only two fragrance's.

White Gardenia is a Very Beautiful fragrance ! Very clean light white floral fragrance. My boyfriend liked this fragrance on me way better then the other fragrance I picked out which was Sweet Petals, a floral-fruity fragrance. I also agree that White Gardenia is my favorite too.

I found this at Target and it was priced really well that I am now Interested in trying all the fragrance's in the bodycology collection. I also Picked up Sweet Petals which is more of a girly- flirty fragrance.

For Daily Rejuvenation: For a splash of fragrance and energy, spritz lightly on wrists, neck and shoulders or, for all-over freshness, spray into the air and let the fine mist gently surround you.
Beneficial Ingredients:
Conditioning and Hydrating Aloe Vera.

Bodycology has a website online and they also sell a Eau de parfum (With a higher concentration of fragrance oils, the Eau de Parfum gives you a longer lasting fragrance experience than Body Mists.) in the fragrance White Gardenia and I would like to try that and the lotion and/or body cream and maybe the shower gel & bubble bath are on my next shopping list!

Target also sells this online so I plan to make a order soon.

on 4/2/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

BEAUTIFUL! I agree with the others .. this doesn't have that cheap body mist smell. It really does smell like perfume.
Simple, sweet, lush gardenias. I have been wanting a clean warm weather fragrance and for $2 for the travel size this is AMAZING! It seems to last hours on my skin.

I like and hate white gardenia... depends on the day. this is a strong floral smell that kinda kicks you in the back of your throat . have you ever torn a flower in half and you smell that bitter fluid? thats it..saying that I use this on the hottest of days to ensure no smells but this aint fresh okayy..paired with the lotion it can last decently... this is not a soft scent, its a familiar floral undertone. i will not repurchase i dont love it cuz my thing is fresh scents or cotton candy likes.. but this is good..

Popular Fragrances