Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Rose Petal

Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color in Rose Petal

4.4

on 4/12/2017 10:05:00 PM

The thing is, this colour is perfect on me! I have olive skin, brown hair and blue/green/grey eyes. However, i find when i wear it i feel thirsty and it really dries out my lips. The colour is so beautiful on me i often still wear it. I tried to find the same colour in Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick and purchased Marlene, which isn't at all the same. Rose Petal has browns in it.

on 5/24/2015 6:39:00 AM

I have dithered over buying this lipstick for a very long time now. Always telling myself I don't need another lipstick or I've ended up buying another colour. I wish I had got this colour sooner because I absolutely love it. It's the perfect mix of balm, shine and colour. A perfect neutral warm pink. Not too red, pink, beige, brown or orange. Just perfect for me. I hate beige nudes and if I were to do a smokey eye this would be my nude to go with it. Bobbi Brown creamy lip colours are my absolute favourite lipstick out of the hundreds I've tried. I've had so many colours and if anyone from her company is reading this, please bring back Pale Plum and Rose Garden !!! I've worn this everyday since I got it and it's perfect for everyday and it lasts a good while on my lips. This might just be the best lipstick ever created in my opinion. Love the packaging too. My lips but better.

on 2/18/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rose Petal is a pretty, cool toned medium rose shade. When first applied it looks beautiful on my pigmented lips and goes well with my light coloring (blond, NW15). The creamy texture of the lipstick feels comfortable. However, I found that this formula has extremely poor staying power on me, it basically disappears within an hour. Also, the Creamy lipsticks go bad extremely fast, within six months they develop a rancid smell and I had to toss several of them with 80% left in the tube. Definitely disappointing, especially at that price point. Five stars for the beautiful, high quality packaging, I like the metal black tube, it looks elegant and holds up well. No repurchase though due to poor staying power and shelf life. Retails for $26 before tax.

on 1/17/2015 1:28:00 PM

I was looking for a fresh looking pink lipstick. I am NW20. I purchased Bobbi Brown Creamy lip color in Rose Petal, Geurlain Kiss Kiss in Rose Boop and NARS satin lip pencil in Rikugien. Bobbi Brown is the best hands down. Feels great. Long lasting. Doesn't feather. Is not drying. I highly recommend !!

on 2/18/2015 11:42:00 AM

Of all lipsticks I have ever owned or tried, I like the feel of this one most.

It feels like a hydrating gel, which I love. It locks on the lips and does not migrate. It is so hydrating, that it is one of very few lipsticks with which I do not need to use a lip balm (I have rather dry lips). It is forgiving for lips, meaning it does not emphasise if they are not in a perfect shape. The colour is in my view neutral, not too cool, not too warm. It is my favourite MLBB shade, on pale olive complexion. Perfect for work. I love it is not fragranced. The packaging is 100% my taste too.

This lipstick formula would be my HG if it lasted a bit longer and transfered less. Unfortunately, it transfers on glasses a lot and the staying power is poor (1h for me or until I have a sip of water). I read that for some women it lasts. I wish this was my case. I would then stick to this formula only, this much I like wearing it!

on 1/29/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love the colour and the formula. My favourite lipstick!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great every day color, the product itself is nice and moisturizing and lasts without easily rubbing off. My only complaint about the product is I feel it spoils fast. If you consistently use one color everyday it's no big deal, but if you trade out colors and own this product for more than 6months you will notice it starts to smell funny and tastes funny when you apply it.

on 12/4/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the lipstick version of BB best selling petal lipgloss. It is a soft neutral pink that is easy to wear and versatile. I have a light complexion and rosy pigmented lips and this not only makes my lips very pouty but it amps up the rest of my face - and it is a subtle colour. I love the formula since it has good pigment but feels like a balm and wears for a reasonable amount of time. The package is sleek and has a nice snap to it.

on 8/31/2013 7:17:00 PM

This falls in the natural/rosy/mauvey lip color. I rarely buy a lipstick on impulse (it usually takes a few tries, and looking in different lighting) -- but I did with this one. What happened was that I was about to buy one of Buxom's lipstick (one of the nudey/rosey color), but then decided to try this on, on my way to the register. And wow, between the two, BBrown's makes my lips look plump and moisturized, whereas Buxom looks kinda thick and emphasizes lip lines that I didn't know were that obvious. Two different formulas, and so probably not a fair comparison, but that's how I came to purchase this. Possible con for some people -- it does feel a bit tacky when you press your lips together, but I don't mind that at all, as the tackiness (as opposed to sheer glossy glide) probably contributes to it being longer lasting, despite looking fairly sheer. I didn't get Blue Raspberry, though that's also very nice/similar but brighter.

on 11/8/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Shade: I'm in love with the shade. It's a rosy/brown/pink that you can wear if you want a no make up and just a polished look. Perfect for everyday.

Formula: A combination of a gloss and lipstick. Creamy. Longer wear in comparison to the sheer formula.

Packaging: I'll give 3 for the packaging. Looks simple yet classy.

Price: Expensive but worth it. Well it's Bobbi Brown.

For me the only cons as what the other reviewer said, If you don't use it often, the product easily expires and there's a weird smell like it's rancid.

Yes, I will definitely repurchase!

Overall, I love the shade and the formula! A must have lippie!