Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

I bought this mascara because I was going on a holiday where I was swimming everyday and I would say this mascara is definitely waterproof. The only problem I had with this mascara was the wand, I love the shape of the wand but it is so flimsy!!! What I do is use a wand from an old mascara but it's just a shame the wand was so flimsy and bendy which made it a little harder to apply the mascara. The formula is so good though so I would buy it again.

on 2/24/2016 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Excellent product for the price. I'm Asian American with dark lashes. My lashes are long but because they are thin and straight, they aren't noticeable. I was attracted to this because of its claims to not clump. Nothing worse than spider lashes! I did find a little clumping but it might be that I didn't apply it correctly (maybe too much). I love the results. I get the same results as LancĂ´me Definicils but at 1/3 of the cost. It also pulls my lashes up to a bit of a curl so I can skip the lash curler!

To Read all 189 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm so surprised reading the other reviews of this mascara, I have short and naturally voluminous lashes meaning I need a really good curling and lengthening mascara. I ADORE THIS PRODUCT for lengthening, it perfectly separates my lashes, keeps them curled and makes them lush and super long. I have a seriously problem for my lashes getting too clumpy and wet before they get to the length I want. I've never had this problem with this mascara though and every single use my lashes come out super long and never clumpy! Love love love. I'm not sure how well this would work as a volumizing mascara however.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Holds a curl well, blackens and defines, but the formula is so wet that I can't help but make mistakes with it - even when I think I'm just doing my lashes I'm blackening up my eyelid as well. That can probably be attributed to my inferior mascara skills, however, so I'm not going to put that as too much of a problem. The brush size is pretty average, but I do prefer brushes on the larger side as my short lashes need any help they can get to transform into even average sized lashes, and I find that larger brushes make that a lot quicker and easier. I'll use this up, but I won't be buying it again. It's a decent product - just not my cup of tea.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara did not live up to the name. It was very clumpy and even with a few coats just did not give the volume or length I expected. It also did not hold up when wet very well. To me it was just another average mascara that was not truly waterproof. I tried it 4-5 times to see f it would grow on me and it did not.

on 10/31/2015 10:57:00 PM

I have really short, straight Asian lashes and find that volumising mascaras just don't work for me. When you have short lashes and try to add JUST volume to it, it just looks really weighed down and unflattering. This works really well for me - it holds curls, defines, and although it doesn't really lengths dramatically, I find my lashes appear longer which works great as an everyday mascara. If I want a slightly more dramatic look, I would coat a volumising mascara over this which would still look great since the define-a-lash has given me the length I need. The only criticism I have about this mascara would be the wand - it's a tad too big for me and I would prefer it if it was slightly smaller. Would definitely repurchase.

on 8/24/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eh, also meh. I got this because I had maybelline coupons, and hoped this would be like lash discovery which I love, but more dramatic. I don't think it's particularly outstanding in defining lashes. I like it somewhat in that it seems to provide some lift when I diont want to curl my lashes. It does provide some definition, but not enough to have that as it's name. It just doesn't stand out for me at all. I'm using it up because I feel wasteful otherwise but I won't repurchase.

Pros are holds curl, some definition, not flaky, no smearing, which is partly what I look for in a wp mascara. Like the brush, may try it with another mascara formula

Cons, nothing special about it, not incredibly defining, a bit wet for my liking

I did not like this mascara, i didn't like the brush it did not suit my eyelashes at all.

on 8/21/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this mascara hoping for better volume. I did not notice any volume when I applied it, but I did see some lengthening. The other complaint that i have about this was the applicator, which was extremely bendy to the point of impracticality for application. The only positives I can state about this product are the cheap price and that it was waterproof as stated. I do not intend to buy this mascara again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is THE best mascara I have found yet for holding a curl. (And I've tried a lot!). Curl your lashes and apply 2thin coats and it will stay all day. Ok it's not going to be about the volume but hey you can go over the top with a cost of something else for that. This is the H G for people with short straight lashes who want curl. Tried all the japsese hg ones and promise this holds a curl better. Shame I can't buy it in the UK anymore and have to buy online.