Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)
Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils (All)

3.6

on 2/2/2018 12:33:00 AM

I know Make Up For Ever Aqua collection is supposed to be super water/sweat-proof, but it does not seem to work on me at all. I tested this and the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner together on the same day, both on the upper lash line with eye primer. This MUFE one transferred to the upper eye, and created raccoon eyes by the end of the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a small pencil in my Sephora Play box. I got the black (#10) color. Fantastic for tightlining or on waterline. Very smooth and comfortable when applying. I was really surprised that some said this was hard and tugs. I did not experience that AT ALL! Stays without smudging. I was really impressed. I've never wanted to pay h/e prices for an eyeliner but this one may have changed my mind! I will repurchase it when this one runs out.

on 1/9/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It doesn't budge when I was at the beach.Sea water, pool water, nope. Did not budge.
But it bleeds when i sweat.
Extremely confused.
Still a good crayon to have in my makeup bag.

on 1/2/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This review is for Aqua XL eye pencil in M-10 (black). It smudges... that's it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Works really well. I've tried lots of eyeliners, but I am really loving this one. It glides on so smoothly like a liquid liner; however, it has the ease of a pencil. It doesn't budge, run or smudge. My new favorite liner. Get it and love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Aqua XL Waterproof Eye Pencil. Totally got suckered into the lovely display at Sephora! Bought this in Black M-10 and Purple M-80. So underwhelmed. The pencil is really hard and pulls on my eyelids. The color is uneven and not intense. The worst part though is that it smudges off all day. I don't have oily eyelids and have never had this problem. It's absolutely not waterproof and by the end of the day there is very little product left. Disappointing! These are super expensive ($21 each). I prefer Urban Decay pencils. They glide on easily and last all day.

I wanted to like this. I was told it was used on stage and trusted to stay in place. And yet my oily lids prevailed again. Nothing I've done will make this stuff stay - primer, shadow, power - nothing. Back to Lancome's Artliner until I find something that sticks.

on 3/24/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for $19 at Sephora. I love the color and the staying power, as the liner has stayed on through sleep and tears. However, while applying it does catch on the lashes a lot and although the line stays in place it does flake a lot while it is on. I don't recommend this if you are trying for a smokey eye look, as the liner is pretty much impossible to smudge. There are better eyeliners out there and so I will not repurchase this one.

on 5/23/2015 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These eye pencils are the only knees on the market I have repurchased constantly. I have tried all there is to try. Dior, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, trish mcevoy, and i could Go on forever. These pencils are far better from any of the rest. They stay on all day have excellent pigmentation and can be smoothed easily with brushes if needed. They are soft and just a terrific buy. I can't think of my makeup kit without one of these pencils.

These are very good, but aren't as dramatic in color as I prefer in general Some colors are beautiful with great opaque payoff (12L peacock green is stunning, and I really like 2L shimmery bronze-brown.) If you blend them out or clean them up quick after applying, they set very well and maintain color nicely. My largest issue with the wear of these is that the liner can flake and the mica/shimmer can transfer afterwards. They remove well with hardcore makeup removers and oil cleansing.

I wouldn't buy these again for personal reasons (I don't buy products that are tested on animals) but I do recommend them enough in general to say I'd buy them again. I prefer Urban Decay pencils for their opaque payoff and blendability, personally.