How Not To Look Old by Charla Krupp

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.3

on 5/7/2009 9:53:00 AM

The title should have read Go Blonde and Go To Bloomingdales, (Bloomingdales must have a piece of this book). Some good tips, but overall nothing to get excited about. I had no idea so many women wear shape wear, here in the desert it is not practical. Too, too many celebrity pictures, Madonna is not Y & H in my opinion. Best bet is check this book out at the library before buying.

on 9/10/2008 8:54:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this book. I bought one for myself and my BFF after seeing Charla Krupp on the Today Show last December! It has a lot of great tips on how to not look old, without looking absurd.

Following some of the book's advice, I switched from my matte loose powder to L'Oreal's Translucide loose powder. OMG...what a HUGE difference in my skin.

I've also grown out my hair a bit and got highlights. When I look back at pics of myself with short hair, I did look (and I HATE this word) matronly. Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh...and I THOUGHT I looked so good.

This book offers a lot of ideas and suggestions to update/change your look for the better. I would recommend (and have recommended) this book to anyone who wants to look younger without looking ridiculous. You know, there is that fine line...when 40+ women try to look like they're still in their 20's.

A guy friend of mine thought I was 42 (I'm 51) and I asked, 'I look 42?' and he replied, 'no, you look younger'. Is that great, or what???

This book has you looking younger with grace and style!

on 3/2/2008 2:02:00 PM

This book was a quick read, but there was nothing in it that can't be found in MORE magazine, online or from using a personal shopper and/or visiting a makeup counter like MAC, Prescriptives or Chanel.

There is zero emphasis on good, healthy eating, movement and exercise, meditation (or something that puts one in a positive mental frame) or living a present, caring and compassionate life.

As with any book, the author's recommendations are strictly her opinions. Some may work for her (or you), many may not. I don't believe she mentions how excess weight and obesity can be aging, even if one is 22 or 32. Botox and lasering are fine short term options if one has the money and inclination, but they are temporary fixes for a natural process of life-aging. Like menopause, aging is *not* a disease, it is something we all experience.

I'll be the first to admit that I color my hair, wear "shape wear" and avoid deep red lipstick, but I also cultivate my inner self-which is ageless.

All in all, a fun book that will be remaindered this time next year as the next anti-aging guru(s) come out with rehashes of this same information.