How Not To Look Old by Charla Krupp

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 3/2/2008 2:02:00 PM

This book was a quick read, but there was nothing in it that can't be found in MORE magazine, online or from using a personal shopper and/or visiting a makeup counter like MAC, Prescriptives or Chanel.

There is zero emphasis on good, healthy eating, movement and exercise, meditation (or something that puts one in a positive mental frame) or living a present, caring and compassionate life.

As with any book, the author's recommendations are strictly her opinions. Some may work for her (or you), many may not. I don't believe she mentions how excess weight and obesity can be aging, even if one is 22 or 32. Botox and lasering are fine short term options if one has the money and inclination, but they are temporary fixes for a natural process of life-aging. Like menopause, aging is *not* a disease, it is something we all experience.

I'll be the first to admit that I color my hair, wear "shape wear" and avoid deep red lipstick, but I also cultivate my inner self-which is ageless.

All in all, a fun book that will be remaindered this time next year as the next anti-aging guru(s) come out with rehashes of this same information.