Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Blush

Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Blush

3.8

EmilyNoel recently gave this product props on her channel. I have walked by this blush many times since it debuted back in the 80s. No doubt I've used this in the past but moved on to other, more $$ things. I decided to give it another chance - let's face it - the price point is really good. I picked up the plum shade which is a rosy pink. My major gripe with this is how SHINY it looks on my cheeks. Way too shiny. Almost irridescent. Not crazy about that. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase. A little shimmer would be fine but this is nuts. If you are looking for a blush that would also serve as a highlight, this might be a two-fer. I just don't want that much luminosity.

This is a decent product. I really liked the medium shaded one; the light one didn't show up and the dark one just looked disgusting on my skin tone. I still like the product when its all mixed together and applied to cheekbones only. I recommend it for people with tan skin.

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/19/2016 3:51:00 PM

I get this in refined rose and i've been using it for about 3 years now and i love it! it looks natural and I think it does sort of create the appearance of nice cheekbones. Whenever i put it on it makes me look better. But for blush to look nice you have to know where to properly apply it. People apply blush to the apples of their cheeks and thats the incorrect way, you have to apply it to your cheekbones. Applying it only to the cheekbones reinforces the angles of your face. Also I've gotten lots of compliments on it I def recommend!

on 3/16/2015 12:38:00 PM

Bought this a while back in Purely Plum while searching for a new blush after my favorite MAC shade had been discontinued. I'm not really into countouring with blush and really bought this because I liked the middle shade of plum. Ended up using the middle shade and also the lighter shade, but none of the darkest. For a drugstore blush I thought it was very good. I just wish I could have gotten only the two lighter shades so I didn't feel wasteful. I've since found a Dior blush I love for everyday, and I plan to stick with it. But I would buy this again, if I were in a pinch and needed to pick up a drugstore blush.

on 2/1/2014 11:58:00 AM

I LOVE this blush! I bought Sophisticated Sable back in July and I still have so much left! It is a nice neutral color and it contours really nice. I bought Refined Rose yesterday in anticipation for spring. I wouldn't say it is a contouring blush but the shades work really nice together. I love these blushes!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a legitimate blush for the price. The combo of lighter & darker pinks plus a built-in highlighter makes blush application a breeze. I have the shade "purely plum" and it works well on my fair skin as a pink blush for spring and summer.
Oh, one other downfall- it smells like Grandma makeup.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product while on vacay when I found that I had forgotten my everyday blush at home. It fulfilled its purpose, it's light and gives a pretty shimmer. As I continue to use it every now and again, I wouldn't purchase this product again.

on 3/20/2013 3:51:00 PM

This blush is just okay. I was searching for a light pink/baby pink blush, and this one was on sale at the drugstore, so I picked this one up in Purely Plum.

I do not recommend using the brush that comes with the blush. The brush is too small. The bristles were also too stiff for this blush, so it made the blush messy and crumble in the pan. You definitely need a proper blush brush, preferably one that is fluffier and larger.

The two lighter colors work okay as a highlighter, but I don't think it is well-pigmented -- I feel like I have to use a lot to gain color on my skin. I really only like the third darkest shade.

I do not like the smell of this blush, though. This is my only CoverGirl product, so perhaps other CG products smell similar, but it is like a bitter talc scent. I have sneezed a couple of times, and I rarely get bothered with makeup scents. The scent slightly diminishes with each use though.

I have this in #230 Refined Rose, and it works well with my very cool complexion. I don't use the dark shade very much, but the other two are great. The middle makes a great blush color for me, and the light color is a good highlight, with just a tiny bit of shimmer. I'm not a big fan of too much shimmer, and this has just the right amount for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the colour purely plum

Pros:
-does contour nicely
-natural shades
-stays on
-only a little shimmer

Cons:
-sometimes the contour powder is a little too purply
-highlight doesnt really work
-not a very good brush

Its just a really natural, pretty blush! Looks really nice if you put the medium colour on your cheekbones in a upward sweep!

Popular Blush Products