Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.6

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The packaging is cute, is essentially why I purchased this at Ross on sale. Also came with the organic wear loose bronzing powder (I'll review that in another post) and was only like $9.99. I will say this is the most aweful bronzer I've found from PP, and any drugstore bronzer, at that. The bronzer itself is super hard to pick up with a brush, and even harder to swatch with your finger. When first applied, you pretty much have to layer it in order to get any color pay off. Let me get on with my #1 complaint..THIS STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE! It's nothing like an old lady perfume terrible, more like walking around on circus grounds around the elephants and horses pens (I think you understand what I'm getting at) it smells like fresh animal droppings. This is the most disgusting smell in makeup I have ever smelled, and I have a pretty high tolerance for old lady smelling makeup. I highly suggest PP to take this off the shelf altogether, if they have not already. 0/5 for me, a waste of my money!

on 6/28/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am fairly pale, so wear bronzer everyday. I am also trying to switch to more natural cosmetics, so wanted to try this bronzer. I really like it. I have the shade for light skin. It is pigmented, easy enough to blend, and the color adds a glow to my face without looking too dark. It also has decent staying power. The packaging is also cute, and I haven't had any issues with it falling apart, despite that it's made from cardboard. As a comparison, I think this bronzer is a bit lighter and more orange toned than NYC sunny, and the Organic Wear is more pigmented and easier to get on your brush. Mine does not smell at all. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this.

This is my absolute favourite bronzer! I have repurchased this more times than I can count. I find it to be somewhat expensive for a drugstore bronzer (22$ CND) , but I prefer it to other department store brands.
I use this everyday all over my face to give me some colour and to brighten up. I always buy the medium one, even though my skin is naturally fair. I find that the lighter ones are not as noticeable.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging. After awhile the compact begins to disintegrate, but it doesn't bother me enough to stop buying it.

Another huge plus is that the bronzer is organic, so you do not have to worry about putting the harmful chemicals that are commonly found in other bronzers on your face. This bronzer does not make me breakout and it not shimmery, so you can wear it all the time.

on 12/16/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this bronzer, it's not too fake looking and gives me a natural glow even when worn on top of blush. It doesn't look obviously applied, and blends seamlessly with my powder and is nice for brightening the face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this product for many months and I personally love it. I've used it so much and I still haven't hit pan, so there's a lot of it there. I use this to contour more than actually bronzing and it does the job well. There's a small tad of shimmer in it, but I personally do not see it on my face at all, and that's one of the things that I really like about it. I don't notice a smell as I've read that some people have noticed with this bronzer. But I guarantee you that now that it has been brought to my attention, I'll smell it, lol. It's not extremely pigmented and it doesn't show up too extreme on my face, but that's the way that I want it. I have kinda light-med skin and it does the job. But if you're darker than me, then you're screwed, that's all there is to it.

The packaging is really cute, don't get me wrong. I love the magnetized top thingy, it's just cool! lol. But..after many, many uses the top is starting to rip and is coming close to falling off. But what do you expect from packaging made from cardboard and paper? It is a good thing that it's magnetized or this bronzer would not last me, lol.

I actually got this in a swap, so I didn't buy it...but if I HAD to, I would. Right now, I'm not using this one because I've been attached to another Milani bronzer that I've gotten in a swap here recently, but I still go back to it from time to time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you dont feel like spending tons of money on a bronzer this does the job. I dont use bronzer all-year round since I live in NJ. I bought the lighter shade and I use just a bit to give me a warm glow. Since its something I will use 3-4 months out of the year. I think it has just enough shimmer and it does not look orange or brown on me. For $10 I think its a steal. I love the packaging which falls apart later on. LOL

HORRIBLE.

This stuff turns me orange. It's really difficult to get much on your brush, then when you do, it goes on patchy. Just awful.

Oh, and it's starting to break me out. It's going in the trash.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

my 1st bronzer i have used and the reason why i purchased because its organic so its good for one's skin and for someone who is prone to acne thats very important. i have it in light and it gives out a natural sort of look but it smells really weird. im not sure if i'll purchase it again. as i said its my 1st bronzer and i am on the lookout for something better.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Man, I really don't understand all the bad reviews. I really don't. I am not a bronzer person. I never can find one that doesn't make me look way shiny or oompa loompa orangey. This bronzer is great. It's not overly shiny--although, I think if you're applying it with the little brush that comes with it, you may be applying it wrong. I use my Body Shop blush brush and use it pretty much like blush, except I extend it up a bit and put it on my brow bone. I also need to add that I bought the one with the lavendar color. This works really well with my yellow-toned skin. I look healthy, and feel sexy when I wear this. It stays put all day (even long days in the Kentucky humidity), and it does not break me out.

So, if you're thinking of trying this, do, but make sure you get the correct color for your skin tone, and use a decent brush.

on 6/9/2008 8:07:00 PM

I got this in my allure beauty box and was pleasantly suprised. This is the most natural looking bronzer I own, it doesn't give an orangey or disco ball look which is usually my problem with most bronzers. It is subtle, yet gives the perfect extra glow. I even got complimented on my tan the other day, and I hadn't been tanning. I have read this has a bad smell, I have honestly never noticed this. I also give it extra props for being partially organic/recycled. This is my go to bronzer!