Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 5/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was one of the only non shimmery drugstore bronzers I could find. It does smell a little funny, but I only noticed it after I read the reviews and actively went and smelled it. Before that, I had not noticed. This is just too light of a bronzer to work for me and my skin is pretty light. It's like using pressed powder. If they made this in different shades, I might consider repurchasing.

i haven't had problems with the package breaking or the product smelling bad, but i can't seem to get any color pay off from this. i wanted to use this as a contour powder since it was lighter and not shimmery, but i really can't even see it on my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

No matter how hard I try I can not get this to show up on my skin...I like the texture and I can see that it might work for someone with a lighter complexion but for me, this didn't do anything!

I really like this bronzer--it does NOT have a strange odor at all. It does have a touch of shimmer, which actually looks nice on when applied to the cheeks. I have fair skin, but I purchased the medium shade--it's just right. Thank goodness this line was created! Ladies, check the ingredient list on all your products--your skin really does absorb what you put on it, so beware..the organic wear line does not include parabens, which have been linked to breast cancer.

on 1/29/2009 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

its so-so. its not quite as dark as i would like it.it works better for an all over powder/brightener.my husband could smell it on my face which turned me off of it.ive tried soo many bronzers and im loveing too faced beach bunny bronzer right now!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS PRODUCT! it's almost as good as bare escentuals.

PROS: goes on SO smooth, especially if you apply moisturizer right beforehand, no caking; natural looking tan (i'm a medium/olive complexion depending on the season), there's no need to apply more than twice, makes my complexion brighter and healthy-looking.

CONS: the smell (i'm not sure what it is, but i need to spritz on extra perfume before i leave the house so it can cover up the smell), the container (i know it's eco-friendly and whatever, but i left it by the sink and it got wet, the cardboard is gross looking now. lol but that's my fault.), the brush sucks--i recommend using the kabuki brush from BE, goes on more evenly

LOVE, would repurchase and even though it's $15, it's a lot cheaper and less messier than bare escentuals =)

PROS: The color was nice for my skin tone. It was a matte shade that didn't overwhelm my skin, and didn't look fake. The organic ingredients are a nice touch; hasn't made me break out. Also, I love the packaging. It's cute with the mirror and the design. Although the quality is somewhat mediocre.

CONS: I tried to use a bronzer brush or a small powder brush, and the pigment didn't pick up very easily. I had to use a smaller blush brush to really kind of swirl, swirl so the poweder pigments would come up. Once on the skin, it was harder to blend, since 1) the pigments were too concentrated on the blush brush; and 2) I don't know, it just didn't blend out and spread very well.

Oh yes, and I cannot stand the smell either. I wonder if people that are close to your face could smell it,

Everything just seemed stuck in one spot. I had to go through my bag of tricks to blend this powder. Once I got the hang of it, the glow on my skin was really nice and the color was very natural, as I've already said.

I'm sort of on the fence on whether I'd buy this product again. I think it makes for a great everyday bronzer as long as you know how to really blend it in. Otherwise, you give your tell away, since it could end up looking stripe-y.

And by the way, throw out the brush that comes with it. The size is horrible and the bristles are quite stiff. Definitely not to be used for bronzers, blushers, or anything for that matter. I used it just to see what's up, and it didn't pick up any color.

on 6/9/2008 8:07:00 PM

I got this in my allure beauty box and was pleasantly suprised. This is the most natural looking bronzer I own, it doesn't give an orangey or disco ball look which is usually my problem with most bronzers. It is subtle, yet gives the perfect extra glow. I even got complimented on my tan the other day, and I hadn't been tanning. I have read this has a bad smell, I have honestly never noticed this. I also give it extra props for being partially organic/recycled. This is my go to bronzer!