Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.0

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 5/29/2016 7:16:00 AM

This bronzer gets a bad rep, and I get why: it doesn`t smell pleasant at all. In fact I have to agree with everything the other reviewers here have said about the fragrance. Having said that, this bronzer is made from natural ingredients, it has the right hue for my pale complexion, and it`s the only bronzer and contour product that doesn`t break me out. With every other bronzer/contouring powder I`ve used, I could see a bunch of small pimples and hives forming just where I apply contour. Regarding the smell, while I find it unpleasant, it disappears from my skin after application. My boyfriend has a very sensitive nose and he`s never complained when I wear this. You get a pretty decent amount in the pan, too. I never use the brush that comes with it because I find the hairs harsh and irritating. So I took off a lippie for the brush and the temporary scent, otherwise I like the performance, ingredient list and price, and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The packaging is cute, is essentially why I purchased this at Ross on sale. Also came with the organic wear loose bronzing powder (I'll review that in another post) and was only like $9.99. I will say this is the most aweful bronzer I've found from PP, and any drugstore bronzer, at that. The bronzer itself is super hard to pick up with a brush, and even harder to swatch with your finger. When first applied, you pretty much have to layer it in order to get any color pay off. Let me get on with my #1 complaint..THIS STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE! It's nothing like an old lady perfume terrible, more like walking around on circus grounds around the elephants and horses pens (I think you understand what I'm getting at) it smells like fresh animal droppings. This is the most disgusting smell in makeup I have ever smelled, and I have a pretty high tolerance for old lady smelling makeup. I highly suggest PP to take this off the shelf altogether, if they have not already. 0/5 for me, a waste of my money!

on 6/28/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am fairly pale, so wear bronzer everyday. I am also trying to switch to more natural cosmetics, so wanted to try this bronzer. I really like it. I have the shade for light skin. It is pigmented, easy enough to blend, and the color adds a glow to my face without looking too dark. It also has decent staying power. The packaging is also cute, and I haven't had any issues with it falling apart, despite that it's made from cardboard. As a comparison, I think this bronzer is a bit lighter and more orange toned than NYC sunny, and the Organic Wear is more pigmented and easier to get on your brush. Mine does not smell at all. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this.

The lightest shade of this bronzer is perfect for me in the winter, it just gives a nice hint of a glow to my skin to keep me from looking next-to-death when I haven't gotten any sun time. It doesn't make me break out, and I love the little brush too. The packaging did break (it's made out of cardboard), but not where it interfered with the use or preservation of the product. I've been using PF bronzers for the last 10 years, and will definitely purchase again.

on 1/11/2011 7:50:00 PM

My local drugstore was running a clearance 75% sale on physicians formula and other brands. I really hope the natural items from this brand are not being discontinued. I know that at the full price this may not be everyone's go to drugstore brand. The sale has enticed me to try items from this brand I may have otherwise walked passed because of the price. I love that these products do not have harsh chemicals. I have combination/sensitive skin that tends to be rather oily. This product does not irritate my skin and since I have switched to these natural products and cut back on using other liquid foundations, my skin quality has improved. I bought this bronzer in fair as it did look a bit dark but it looks very natural on the skin. If I am able to rebuy this product, I would perhaps try a shade darker. I am so glad I got this for such a steal.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you dont feel like spending tons of money on a bronzer this does the job. I dont use bronzer all-year round since I live in NJ. I bought the lighter shade and I use just a bit to give me a warm glow. Since its something I will use 3-4 months out of the year. I think it has just enough shimmer and it does not look orange or brown on me. For $10 I think its a steal. I love the packaging which falls apart later on. LOL

on 4/19/2010 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am a redhead and no matter how long I sit in the sun, I stay white as a ghost. I bought this bronzer for light skin. The darker part is too dark and makes me look dirty but I can usually dig in the lighter part and achieve a healthy glow.
I am prone to break outs but I haven't noticed this product making things worse.
I don't use the brush provided with it because it doesn't work very well. Also, the mirror is pretty nice but I don't use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Healthy ingredients, eco-friendly packaging, and nice matte finish. Doesn't break me out or make me itch. Wait till it's on sale to buy. It's kinda pricey. I do notice it oxidizes in such a way that is does not turn orange but it does get darker so fair skin girls use a light hand.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

finally found a bronzer that works w/ my skin & its being DCed! i have searched so long for this shade that isnt too shimmery or orangy and its being DCed right when i find it *sulks*. got this at CVS dirt cheap & yes i suppose it does hav a funky scent to it but most organic mu does. it doesnt bother me that much & besides i dont wear it right under my nose so i dont smell it anyways. this is the perfect shade for a redhead
oh and i just love the packaging,so cute
Update:
I still like this bronzer,it brings life to my face when im looking pale. The smell is a bit offputting but it wears off after a few mins,its the soy that causes that smell by the way.

HORRIBLE.

This stuff turns me orange. It's really difficult to get much on your brush, then when you do, it goes on patchy. Just awful.

Oh, and it's starting to break me out. It's going in the trash.