Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 11/17/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product smells really bad; like rancid oil and crayon mixed with old lady perfume in it. The smells has even spread to the other blushes and compact powder that I had depoted into a tin box. I initially thought I had gotten an expired product frim iherb since there wasn't any expiry date stated on iherb site or the product box. Well, it is the same with everyone else.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The packaging is cute, is essentially why I purchased this at Ross on sale. Also came with the organic wear loose bronzing powder (I'll review that in another post) and was only like $9.99. I will say this is the most aweful bronzer I've found from PP, and any drugstore bronzer, at that. The bronzer itself is super hard to pick up with a brush, and even harder to swatch with your finger. When first applied, you pretty much have to layer it in order to get any color pay off. Let me get on with my #1 complaint..THIS STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE! It's nothing like an old lady perfume terrible, more like walking around on circus grounds around the elephants and horses pens (I think you understand what I'm getting at) it smells like fresh animal droppings. This is the most disgusting smell in makeup I have ever smelled, and I have a pretty high tolerance for old lady smelling makeup. I highly suggest PP to take this off the shelf altogether, if they have not already. 0/5 for me, a waste of my money!

on 12/15/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This did not show up on my skin at all (NC25). . it looked like regular pressed powder, not bronzer. I couldn't even use it for contouring. It does also have a weird smell like others have mentioned in the reviews. Even my husband smelled the compact and when I asked him to describe the scent he said "a baby change bag. . or changing room smell - like talc and disinfecting wipes. . and not the lemon disinfecting ones!!" - yes that was his exact quote as I typed this. it's not a strong smell but you can definitely smell it on the brush when you apply it.

In all honesty, most make-up tends to have some mild smell or fragrance, and I can look past some minor issues occasionally when the product works. But this just doesn't. I wish it did show up on my skin because PF makes some excellent powders and this one looks cute, has nice packaging and is reasonably priced. I think if you are very pale this may work for you.

I saw this bronzer on sale for 75% off, so I bought it just to try it out. You have to buy the case separately. I generally think this is a good idea to reuse a case if one were to repurchase. However, this is the STINKIEST product ever. I can't even put it on my face to test it out because it is soooo stinky. I put it on my brush, and now my brush is infected with the smell. Excuse me while I go wash it immediately.

i haven't had problems with the package breaking or the product smelling bad, but i can't seem to get any color pay off from this. i wanted to use this as a contour powder since it was lighter and not shimmery, but i really can't even see it on my face.

This bronzer is horrible, it made me look "dirty" no matter how many different ways I tried to apply it, even with very little. It was a waste of money.

HORRIBLE.

This stuff turns me orange. It's really difficult to get much on your brush, then when you do, it goes on patchy. Just awful.

Oh, and it's starting to break me out. It's going in the trash.

on 5/26/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought the color of this product was pretty good. Not great, but good for a drugstore product. HOWEVER, this product STINKS when on. I read that it stunk in a couple of other reviewer's comments sections but I couldn't smell much of a scent in the package. To be honest, I still can not smell much of an odor from it myself, but my boyfriend asked me what I was wearing because it stunk like "manure" and "spoiled milk and rotten fish" and he found the scent so strong that he could smell it just by having his face face kind of near mine, like sitting side beside. We narrowed it down to be the bronzer and he complains every time I wear it so that I have stopped and would only wear it perhaps to work when my head will not be close to anybody elses. Will not repurchase ever.

on 9/13/2008 3:19:00 AM

Nice look, but...smells exactly like fish bait. Absolutely no exaggeration whatsoever. What a complete waste of money. Don't buy this unless you want to carry a stinch.

this bronzer makes me look like an oompa loompa.....good for if you're going for the guidette look