Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 2/29/2008 12:48:00 AM

I have this in Bronze Organics - Fair Skin. I'm very fair with super oily, cystic-acne prone skin. This stuff is excellent! I love my Urban Decay Baked Bronzer, but I wanted something simple and inexpensive to stash in my drawer at work for days when I look like the living dead (happens a lot). I tried it before work this morning. It's a lot more pigmented than I expected and the color lasted almost all day (even better than UD, which I have to reapply over lunch). It's a very soft, no-shimmer color that's totally not orangey. It looked very natural and warmed up my skin without looking fake. Given it's February, that's pretty good. This color might be a tad light once summer comes, but for my winter white skin, it's great. It actually seemed to absorb oil, too, which I could attribute to the kaolin and corn starch. If a product is going to break me out it usually does it the very first day; I'm in no worse shape acne-wise than I was this morning, so this is probably safe. Will update if that changes. It does have a funky smell that lingers a little bit. I'm hoping to get used to it. Not sure I like the packaging, either. It's really big and clumsy (i.e. it won't be fitting in your cute little evening bag if you also intend to put a wallet and a cell phone in there), and the paper/cardboard with cellophane windows seems very fragile. I appreciate the going-green idea, but it's still gotta work. As always, PF doesn't test on animals.

LOVE this bronzer. I have it in "Fair", and it adds the most beautiful, natural looking, bronze to my face. It's not the slightest bit orange or gold, and it's not too dark. In fact, I'll bet I could get by using the darker shade as well. FINALLY, someone makes a bronze color that looks like it came from the sun, and not from an orange juice factory!!! Also, not breaking me out, which is also a rarity! Can't wait to try the darker shades in the summer!!!

on 3/16/2008 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

The product that i have is called Physicians Formula Organic Wear Bronzer (compact) and i have it in the color "Healthy Glow". This product is AMAZING!! I love the brush it comes with and it gives off the most pretty color ever! It was $14.99 @ CVS and i love it! It gave my face a nice glow and it wasn't too shimmery and it also didn't look like a fake orange kind of bronzer neither. I would DEFINITELY suggest this because this is one of my favorite products yet!
edit update: 16 of may
okay, so i still love this product!!! it is awesome and i would definitely buy this again!!! the only problem with this is that since it is made of paper the top broke off and so i had to tape it back on . but other than that i think that the packaging is important to our environment . so why complaiN????! i STill love this and makes me look like i have the most natural light tan ever! this is also really great for a summer look! it gives my face a great color!! kudos again to physicians formula!

on 3/20/2008 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hated this stuff. I have it in Light and it showed up very orange on my skin. I hate the smell too. Waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was drawn to the concept of Organic Wear, but this bronzer STINKS! Literally! The stench is in the powder and the brush - which is useless by the way. It stinks up my face when I put it on. I have this in Healthy Glow, but the shade is too pink and it's difficult to achieve the right look. One or two strokes across the face is not noticeable, but if you put on more, the result looks like you have a shimmery highlighter all over. This is the first bronzer I've used, and I'm definitely not buying from this brand again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an ok product imo. I goes on beautifully without any muddiness and gives my skin a realistic tan. The only thing I can say that is wrong with the product is the brush that comes with it. You are better off buying a separate bronzer brush to get the control and coverage you need. The packaging is eco-friendly which is good and it comes with a compact mirror. It also contains organic ingredients and it hasn't broken me out.

on 4/17/2008 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay is it just me or does this product stink? Sadly, my DH went to kiss me and said "ummm...not to be mean but your face smells like spit or butt" I know gross right? So later on my son actually hugged me before going out and said "yuck! your face smells like butt". So, I was hoping that no one else would notice but (no pun intended) I guess they did :( I thought it smelled kind of weird too. It doesn't give very much color and the little brush is useless. I haven't tried it w/a different brush but (uugghh there's that word again) when I do I'll update. I did use it to give my eye lids a bit of color and that seemed to work out okay. I was iffy about getting the medium which is my color and the dark which looked like it might give me more of what I'm looking for. I think the medium would look really pretty on lighter skin b/c the color is very sheer so sheer that the one for your specific skin color might be too light. I thought I wanted to try the darker color next but (uuggghh) I'm just not sure I can stand the smell.

on 4/22/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

To me this product smells herbal and not bad at all.
But I didnt like it because it made me shiney , it has shimmer in it, so I returned it. If it was more matte I would have kept it.

on 4/27/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What smell?! Maybe something is wrong with me but I don't smell anything terrible. I actually love this product. I own two bronzers so far and they have become a staple in my makeup bag. The colors look darker in the package but when applied they have a more natural hue. It doesn't look makeupy to me. They give me a sunkissed glow and I absolutely love them. The packaging is so cute too!

on 4/29/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok this product is nice, I don't have any complaints about the bronzer but my goly does this bronzer STINK! I thought it was just me but I read the other reviews because I was actually searching the internet to see if anyone said anything about its smell and I guess I wasn't going crazy.. this is a nice bronzer but I wasted my money because I probably won't be able to survive the day having a stink face