Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer

3.3

Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Ultramarines

on 1/27/2017 8:00:00 PM

The product did not have enough pigment to show up on my fair skin.
I have very sensitive skin and this made me itchy and a little bit red after use.
I love the reduced plastic packaging and did not notice a smell that others have mentioned.
Will be returning and trying a different bronzer from this brand.

on 5/29/2016 7:16:00 AM

This bronzer gets a bad rep, and I get why: it doesn`t smell pleasant at all. In fact I have to agree with everything the other reviewers here have said about the fragrance. Having said that, this bronzer is made from natural ingredients, it has the right hue for my pale complexion, and it`s the only bronzer and contour product that doesn`t break me out. With every other bronzer/contouring powder I`ve used, I could see a bunch of small pimples and hives forming just where I apply contour. Regarding the smell, while I find it unpleasant, it disappears from my skin after application. My boyfriend has a very sensitive nose and he`s never complained when I wear this. You get a pretty decent amount in the pan, too. I never use the brush that comes with it because I find the hairs harsh and irritating. So I took off a lippie for the brush and the temporary scent, otherwise I like the performance, ingredient list and price, and will definitely repurchase.

on 11/17/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product smells really bad; like rancid oil and crayon mixed with old lady perfume in it. The smells has even spread to the other blushes and compact powder that I had depoted into a tin box. I initially thought I had gotten an expired product frim iherb since there wasn't any expiry date stated on iherb site or the product box. Well, it is the same with everyone else.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The packaging is cute, is essentially why I purchased this at Ross on sale. Also came with the organic wear loose bronzing powder (I'll review that in another post) and was only like $9.99. I will say this is the most aweful bronzer I've found from PP, and any drugstore bronzer, at that. The bronzer itself is super hard to pick up with a brush, and even harder to swatch with your finger. When first applied, you pretty much have to layer it in order to get any color pay off. Let me get on with my #1 complaint..THIS STUFF SMELLS TERRIBLE! It's nothing like an old lady perfume terrible, more like walking around on circus grounds around the elephants and horses pens (I think you understand what I'm getting at) it smells like fresh animal droppings. This is the most disgusting smell in makeup I have ever smelled, and I have a pretty high tolerance for old lady smelling makeup. I highly suggest PP to take this off the shelf altogether, if they have not already. 0/5 for me, a waste of my money!

on 12/25/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this bronzer, all natural and awesome! My skin never has a bad reaction or breakouts and I use it all over. Also use it to contour and as a midtone for eyeshadow too!

I have 2 of these, i prefer the one with the rose color pedals and bronze color, but both work fine for me. the smell is not the nicest. The packing is easy and b/c it's cardboard it helps to lessen the impact when you drop it on the floor so it's less likely to break. it blends okay and does not look dirty or muddy

on 5/1/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because it was one of the only non shimmery drugstore bronzers I could find. It does smell a little funny, but I only noticed it after I read the reviews and actively went and smelled it. Before that, I had not noticed. This is just too light of a bronzer to work for me and my skin is pretty light. It's like using pressed powder. If they made this in different shades, I might consider repurchasing.

on 12/15/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This did not show up on my skin at all (NC25). . it looked like regular pressed powder, not bronzer. I couldn't even use it for contouring. It does also have a weird smell like others have mentioned in the reviews. Even my husband smelled the compact and when I asked him to describe the scent he said "a baby change bag. . or changing room smell - like talc and disinfecting wipes. . and not the lemon disinfecting ones!!" - yes that was his exact quote as I typed this. it's not a strong smell but you can definitely smell it on the brush when you apply it.

In all honesty, most make-up tends to have some mild smell or fragrance, and I can look past some minor issues occasionally when the product works. But this just doesn't. I wish it did show up on my skin because PF makes some excellent powders and this one looks cute, has nice packaging and is reasonably priced. I think if you are very pale this may work for you.

on 10/7/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i love that this is organic and i love the way they packaged this product. it is a nice matte finish bronzer that can easly be used to contour with. its a nice compact with leaves on it and a little brush inside that is honestly useless. the thing is, it has a funky smell. maybe its just mine or maybe it just bothers me more than it does to others. or maybe it could be the result of being an organic product.

*CRUELTY FREE!

Absolutely recommend.
If you want a natural-looking, matte bronzer to contour, this product is for you.
If you're going to use a fluffy brush to swipe this all over your face, you will look like you've been in the mud. This is not a product for all over face use. Choose a shimmery bronzer.

I love this product. The ingredients are natural, and it is affordable. I've been using Benefit's Hoola for years and stumbled upon this bronzer during a quick drugstore run before hopping on a plane to Asia. I've been wanting to find a dupe for Hoola for a long time because I use bronzers like a mad woman and run out SO fast. All the other bronzers I tried are either shimmery or orange-y.

Tested in the nasty Asian summer climate, stayed on my face all day long, through the sweat and heat. I haven't really been using Physician's stuff but I definitely will purchase more products if they all have the same great quality as this bronzer.

According to Physician's site: 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals. 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives. 100% Free of Parabens. 100% Free of GMO's. 100% Free of Synthetic Colors. 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances. 100% Cruelty Free.