3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I never tried the old formulation of this foundation so I can't compare them. I did use Double Wear for a little while but found it far too heavy, and it seemed to highlight imperfections. This stuff I love! I have middle-aged combination skin with large pores and this foundation makes it look about as good as it can. I wear this to work and know that it will last really well and still look good at the end of the day. The coverage is medium. I apply it with a beauty blender or my fingers over Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream. I've repurchased this twice, which is a record for me! I wear the colour Fresco which is a great match.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2.0

8 months ago

This used to be my holy grail foundation, good coverage but light enough to not feel heavy or cakey. The new formula seems fine but every time I use it I break out horribly which never happened with the old formula. Will no longer buy because of this.

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 months ago

I wore double wear light for a good 5 years. It was perfect for my troublesome, acne prone but dry skin. I could wear it to my corporate job, weddings and special occasions as well as coffee on Saturday morning with my girlfriends without looking too made up. It was the perfect all-occasion foundation. I also loved that I didn’t need to think too much about makeup- most days I’d just put it on with a pat of blush and mascara and be ready to go. It was perfect.... and then they changed it. The new formula is awful- it made me break out terribly. I’m still trying to find a foundation that it as good as the old DWL. I hate that brands feel they need to constantly update products. If anyone from Estée Lauder is reading: please bring back the old formula!

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

This is, by far, the worst foundation I have ever used in my entire life. I have had to buy super cheap foundation at some points, and it is of better quality than this not-so-cheap garbage. You can squeeze the tube sometimes and all that comes out is oil. No foundation. For over $40, I expect a hell of a lot better. Estée Lauder is becoming such a colossal joke. Application is also splotchy and uneven even using top of the line brushes. Never ever waste your money on this “foundation.”

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesOther

2.0

a year ago

I used to love the double wear light and have been wearing it for the past 5 years. Since they reformulated it, it's now completely horrible. I have acne-prone, oily skin and it comes apart on my face, looking splotchy and "piling". When I try to fix it with my fingers or a sponge, god my face looks terrible. Looks like I need a new foundation. What a letdown.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

from

a year ago

I tried DL Light a few years back and it was very drying and chalky, with only a few shades available. I bought the reformulated version, and this stuff kicks butt! It goes on sheer, buildable to light-medium at best, which is precisely the kind of coverage I'm looking for. It does live up to its name of "soft matte," as it gives a satin finish with a slight glow that doesn't make my face look flat like it was before it was reformulated. My favorite part about this is that, like a lot of reviewers have stated, it stays put all day. My face doesn't get oily, nor does it separate anywhere on places where other foundations do. It looks insanely natural when applied with a sponge. I found I have to let it dry down on the first layer before I can build it up. But I like having the option of just applying a sheer layer on lazy days like a tinted moisturizer - a lot of TM's tend to disappear on my face by the end of day, but this one wears so well. My biggest gripe on this foundation is the shades. Oh my god, the shades. EL shades are just so confusing, because they don't always match up from product line to product line. This product in particular seems to be one shade lighter than its Double Wear/Double Wear Max counterpart. I have a tan right now that puts me to about NC30-35, and on Double Wear, I would be about a 3w1. I settled on 4w1 on DL Light because the 3w1 is way too light, I think it's closer to NC25. It's a little on the orange side, but it's not terribly obvious. You have to choose a shade down for this particular foundation. Definitely worth swatching in person before buying, as it's very confusing.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

I took the time to register just so I could write a review on this makeup. I have used double Wear light for many years probably close to 12 maybe 13 and have loved it. the change in shades has been very disappointing. I have tried twice to find the shade that I used to use but tries have turned out bad. Going to have to move on to some other brand. also you are getting a little too pricey it seems almost every time I buy a new tube it's gone up a couple of dollars I think when I first started buying it it was $25. Now it's $44 with tax just a little too much.

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

a year ago

I got this as a foundation for Australian summers. It has been great and provides natural coverage. I have sensitive dehydrated skin and this has not caused me any irritation, dryness or breakouts. It also does not cling to any dry patches. I make sure to moisturise before I use, and also apply the urban decay optical illusion primer. It has fantastic staying power, and doesn’t slip and slide throughout the day. Highly recommend!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

For the price of this foundation, I was slightly disappointed. The lightest shade did not suit my very pale skin and made me look orange and a bit tacky. The formula itself is nicely moisturising and glides on well, but I find that after a few hours it settles and clings onto dry patches, and this isn't very flattering. However, it does last a long time on the face and feels nice and light on. Buy it if you have normal or oily, medium-dark to medium-light skin.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I LOVE this foundation! All the years I have worn foundation I have been pleading with the gods to stop it cracking/slipping/going porous on my face and I have finally been sent a holy grail. I prefer a lighter/medium coverage and this foundation delivers. It. Stays. On. ???????????? If you are not a fan of seeing your skin (no make up make up looks) then this probably isn’t for you. I’d recommend the original version, not light. I am a cool skinned pale gal and find it hard to match foundations and concealers (either way too pasty or too yellow). The lightest shade is perfect for me (1.0). My tip is to use a beauty blender (I use real techniques) and dab it on your face in small amounts. Let it sit for a minute or so before you decide on adding more, it sort of diffuses into your skin and blues if you leave it for a bit. I normally pop it on and do my eyes, then check to see if I need a bit more or not. It’s very expensive in NZ ($70) but most cosmetics are expensive here. A tube has lasted me 4 months and I will be saving up to buy again. Love love love.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24