Estée Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

Estée Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide. Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 8/14/2018 7:45:00 AM

For the price of this foundation, I was slightly disappointed. The lightest shade did not suit my very pale skin and made me look orange and a bit tacky. The formula itself is nicely moisturising and glides on well, but I find that after a few hours it settles and clings onto dry patches, and this isn't very flattering. However, it does last a long time on the face and feels nice and light on. Buy it if you have normal or oily, medium-dark to medium-light skin.

on 6/26/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this foundation!
All the years I have worn foundation I have been pleading with the gods to stop it cracking/slipping/going porous on my face and I have finally been sent a holy grail.

I prefer a lighter/medium coverage and this foundation delivers. It. Stays. On. 💕💕💕

If you are not a fan of seeing your skin (no make up make up looks) then this probably isn’t for you. I’d recommend the original version, not light.

I am a cool skinned pale gal and find it hard to match foundations and concealers (either way too pasty or too yellow). The lightest shade is perfect for me (1.0).

My tip is to use a beauty blender (I use real techniques) and dab it on your face in small amounts. Let it sit for a minute or so before you decide on adding more, it sort of diffuses into your skin and blues if you leave it for a bit. I normally pop it on and do my eyes, then check to see if I need a bit more or not.

It’s very expensive in NZ ($70) but most cosmetics are expensive here. A tube has lasted me 4 months and I will be saving up to buy again.
Love love love.

it kind of broke up on my face by the end of the day. i have normal to dry skin. since the double wear original is medium coverage i would just get that instead and use a thin layer. i got the shade 1.0 and im ecru in the original dw. i dont think theres a great winter shade for me since 0.5 is warm toned and 1.0 is neutral but not that fair.

Like lots of other people, I lovvveee DW but find it too heavy on my skin for everyday wear. I've been wearing DWL for a year and a half now and I'm never going back. I've been on a mission to find the perfect foundation since I was 15 and here we are 15 years later, and I've found it :) The texture is amazing - creamy, easy to blend and really easy to build coverage. My skin looks glowy and gorgeous, even on days when I'm tired or a bit run down. It doesn't completely cover dark circles or my patches of hyperpigmentation, but that's what colour correctors and concealer are for right? It looks natural and fresh, and doesn't feel heavy or cakey. I get compliments on my skin all the time and DWL definitely has a part to play in that... so thanks Estée Lauder!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So this is a mixed review. Shade 2.0 worked fine with me but not shade 3.0. They do oxidize and crease. It is obvious I am wearing makeup, even though this is supposed to be a light foundation. The 3.0 goes a little orangey. They are okay, but not a good deal.

on 4/30/2018 6:01:00 PM

This is so natural and skinlike its amazing how it also covers and dont transfer. I have oily t zones and dry chin due to acne treatment and normal cheeks. It literally works on all types of skin since i have all 3 types lol. im between the intensity 1.0 and 2.0(depending on the season) Its so easy to apply and also does not budge. I dont need to set with powder so its a one step base makeup. I dont use primer either. Ive tried the chanel perfection lumiere velvet and i prefer this because its less matte. It is considered matte but still looks like skin. The chanel one looks a bit cakey but this doesnt. I have b20 in chanel classic ivory in maybelline and mac nc20 - nc25. Nars in canelle and Shade 1.0 is a tiny bit lighter for my body in this foundation but bronzer helps.

Edit. This is too heavy for everyday but coverage is awesome. It looks good but feels so bad. I unfortunately broke out really bad while using this.

on 4/28/2018 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been using double wear for a bit over a year and wanted something less heavy. This foundation is so incredibly perfect. I apply with a damp beauty blender, then sometimes add more in areas I need more coverage. Love the squeeze tube too. I’m hooked!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best for oily skin or skin that is sensitive & prone to breakouts. I'm generally allergic in some way or another to most foundations except this one. The problem is the shade range isn't good, I can't seem to find a shade between the 2 and 3. 2 is way too light & 3 way too dark/orange :( having to mix a 2 and 3 was proving too expensive.
It's a light to buildable coverage which again for sensitive skin is a good thing so your skin can breathe! I think this holds up on oily skin better than the original double wear.

I have oily, acne-prone skin so I'm always wary about buying face makeup from the drugstore. Safe to say, this didn't break me out at all and it does help minimise my sebum control but only to a certain extent. With a primer, it usually lasts all day, without one it lasts about 6ish hours. The coverage isn't light and it gives a nice glow - think your skin but better kind of look. Also, unlike the EL DW, this comes in a tube!!
I've used EL DWL for about 3 years now and this is seriously my HG foundation. Despite the price tag, I don't think I can ever convert to another!

on 3/29/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. My skin is super oily and prone to breakouts, and this foundation keeps my skin quite matte throughout the day. The coverage is lightweight and does not give that mask like finish, but it does the job of covering annoying red spots or blemishes. Also does not break me out.

It's just a shame that I have been trying to source this since October 2017 but I was told that this is now discontinued! Now I'm still on the lookout for something similar :(