Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide. Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 11/22/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am NW20 and use shade 2 just for reference. Having been a die hard fan of the original ELDW for years, I was disappointed that with my aging years it was becoming too heavy for me. I tried this and it works much better for me now, but I'm kind of on the fence about it. 1. It's very easy to apply with either a brush or sponge. 2. It lasts 8hrs with a good primer & setting spray. 3. It doesn't work well with some powders (Ben Nye Banana Powder users beware - it goes very cakey) It does work well with Laura Mercier, Clarins and Elf. 4. It's a very flat, matte foundation which is not good for mature skin; you will need to add some glow. 5. I personally don't like the squeeze tube as I find it wasteful. There are a lot of foundations out there which are better, and in some case cheaper. Laneige BB pore control cushion is amazing - gives good coverage & looks like skin. ( Sand beige is a good match) My advice as always is get a sample first

on 11/10/2016 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has quickly become one of my favourite foundations. Estee Lauder as a brand appears to be formidable with the DW line. I have tried the DW, DW Max and now DWL; and love all three.

I am oily and acne prone so it takes a bit to impress me when it comes to foundation. I look for something that looks close to natural (or can be made to look that way), makes my make up look good when I wear it all day and stays close to flawless by the end of the day.

This foundation has met all three categories and excelled over many of my tried and true.

Putting it on before dawn at 5am it has lasted a long work day ending at 7pm (this is my fail safe test for new foundations). In my books this is outstanding.

It's a normal liquid foundation, medium to full coverage, no real strong scent to it and no SD Alcohol in the formula. It applies smoothly enough giving you just about enough time to blend before setting to a semi-matte finish. I find using fingers the best for application, I feel my brush soaks up to much product (but if you like sheer this will work). I like to see how well it covers and blends, so using my fingers helps me apply less with better overall coverage. I then tap the beauty blender on top to remove any excess and smooth out.

I only had to blot every 6 hours with this and the foundation looks fresh again. There isn't any transfer on the blotting sheet and that's a good sign for me. I just make sure not to over powder after blotting or it will look too dry/heavy. I have checked at the end of the day and my oily areas haven't broken up at all. I hate when i can see my skin under foundation and i see separation as my oils break it down.

If i compare it to the other DWs it's a more liquid formula than both. It's sheerer than DW and gives you room to play with coverage i.e. sheer or med-full. The only thing is, it has a tendency to accentuate pores more than the other two.

Totally loving this foundation and would recommend to combination - oily. Will continue using and update if things change or I breakout.

To Read all 828 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/14/2016 10:25:00 PM

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - #3:

PROS: It provides good coverage but is not as heavy and cakey as Double Wear. Oil control is good, but not as good as DW.

CONS: Like DW, it still has a tendency to settle in, and magnify, large pores or other problem areas. And although it’s more natural looking than DW, I still felt it looked obvious. Very small color selection. But a decent foundation, if you can find a color match.

on 10/13/2016 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

One of my few favorites, definitely my most reliable everyday foundation.
This was one of my first purchases when I started using makeup due to hyperpigmentation issues that started when I turned 40. Prior to that I didn't even own a liquid foundation. Since then I have tried just about everything in existence on the hunt for a solution that would cover and be long-wearing without making me look older. Most foundations only look good from a distance after 40 :).
At first I wasn't in love with the finish. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and the rather dewy finish (it's more satin than dewy) didn't help much to control oil. In addition due to large pores and skin becoming more textured with age (think of an orange peel, that's what the skin near my nose looks like) I find that even a satin finish emphasizes these issues. BUT after buying just about everything else on the market I now appreciate this one more.
The coverage is good, the finish can be mattified with a powder, the color match, while not perfect for a pale gal like me, is okay (I use both intensity 0.5 and 1, depending on the season, neither are perfect, neither are awful), it's long lasting even in extreme heat. It doesn't get patchy. Doesn't sink into pores.
The less you use, the better it looks. I stay away from textured areas or apply a very thin layer. I do need to come back and remove whatever sinks into my laugh lines after initial application but then I'm good.
Overall this is a very good, reliable, no nonsense, everyday foundation.

on 9/14/2016 7:40:00 AM

Good medium coverage , the problem is that the foundation leave my skin feeling tight and dry.

on 9/4/2016 7:23:00 PM

I've repurchased this a few times, for myself, my sister, and my mother, after needing to move on from the unnaturally high-coverage look of Double Wear. I still had acne scarring to cover, mind you.
It has serious staying power, medium and very buildable coverage, a natural-looking finish, and convenient squeeze tube packaging. It's even difficult to make it look cakey. It doesn't transfer too much after it sets, even with a surgical mask on for most of the day. My combination skin isn't dried out/an oil slick at the end of the day. It doesn't break me out. The price doesn't break the bank. It doesn't flash back in photos. I cannot praise it enough.

I moisturize well before putting it on, because my skin does tend to feel a little dry after wearing it 12+ hours... A con is that the shade range is a little limited in terms of undertones, but Intensity 2.0 is a good neutral match for my NC25 skin.

My favourite foundation!

on 8/25/2016 4:01:00 AM

After using EL Double Wear I received a sample of EL Double Wear Light and fell in love with it instantly and bought the full size product. I found the consistency of the product was just right for me, it gave me a lot of coverage and hides dark circles and slight eczema I have around my nose.

Another benefit to this foundation is the fact it lasts all day without smudging which is hard to find with other foundations. The only down side I find is it has a few warm tones which doesn't look great with my olive skin.

Overall I would highly recommend this product, it doesn't break the bank and lasts a good few months.

on 7/26/2016 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really care for this. I realize it is light coverage but it seems to apply splotchy and somewhat makes the skin appear greasy, even though I have dry skin. This is just an unnecessary skin in my opinion. Either skip this and get the new Double Wear Nude Cusion makeup or apply the regular Double Wear in a more sheer fashion.

on 7/9/2016 8:18:00 PM

I received a sample of EL double wear light when EL Resilience Lift became discontinued. I have tried every high end foundation you can think of such as Chanel, MAC, Dior, Laura Merceir (or however you spell it) Bobbi Brown, Armani, and many, many others. I did not think I would ever find something I like as much as EL Resilience Lift. I am so glad I got a sample of this from my EL counter! It is really great on the skin, the colors are amazing, and it looks great in photographs. The finish is really pretty and stays on all day. Trust me, I have tried tons of different foundations and this one is excellent. Try it, you will love it!! I have dry skin.