Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide. Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This just doesn't work for me. I have oily skin (but everyone tells me it's now combination) and I try this with and without different primers, over sunscreen (which is how I normally wear foundation) and just by itself and it always looks unnatural. The colour is a good match so it's not that. It dries down really dry if that makes any sense. It's not a flattering look.

on 3/15/2017 10:38:00 AM

I love this foundation. I have the original Double Wear, I love the staying power of that but its just too heavy looking on my skin. It took me a few application trial-and-error to figure out how the double wear light looks best on me. I find that using a damp beauty blender/real techinques sponge works best for me. I "bounce" it on my skin and it leaves a lovely light to medium satin finish depending on how heavily I apply. It is buildable if you need a little extra coverage. It didn't settle or melt after 7-8 hours, and I only used light dusting of MUFE trans. powder on my T-Zone and no touch up was needed. (Its cooler weather now, have yet to see how it holds up in heat/humidity) I find it works well with the Smashbox pore refining primer. I have combo skin, which is rather "textured" with large pores, fine lines, acne scarring, and ruddy areas. The only cons I find with this is the shade selection is very limited compared to original double wear, (I wear "desert beige" in orig Double Wear and Intensity 2.0 in the DW light works for me) and the squeeze tube. Wish it came in a bottle/pump combo, but the lovely finish and lasting power of the product makes up for all the cons!
p.s. I got this at Macy's in March 2017 and it does not have SPF 10 - or any SPF - according to packaging.

I purchased this in 2014 before I went on a trip to Europe and from what I remember it served me quite well for that purpose: minimalistic & travel-friendly packaging, light/medium coverage, natural looking, decent longevity. However, while this is a practical foundation it's not one of my favorites. I've since upgraded to the the original Estee Lauder Double Wear which is the more "grown up" version and I like it better for the superior coverage, shade range and lasting power although it's definitely heavier.

I would consider buying this again for travel purposes.

This foundation is actually quite nice, I use the shade 2.0.. on my skin it's almost a perfect match and covers beautifully, doesn't settle into pores or fine lines, it can be a little dry though, I use a good moisturizer and primer before applying, works great with a beauty blender.. I'm very impressed with this makeup and will repurchase 👍🏻

on 2/16/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am very hard to please when it comes to foundation. The cakey, ''face full of makeup'' look is not my cup of tea. I was looking for a product that looks natural, while still giving a good coverage. While I find the original Double Wear to be too thick and cakey looking...Este Lauder Double Wear Light is just perfect. It gives your skin the most natural finish while giving you a polished, radiant complexion. I have already repurchased the product four times and would definitely continue to restock !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolute favourite everyday foundation. Fantastic oil control, amazing coverage without looking too heavy and lasts a whole day. Amazing. I always have a spare of this!

on 2/2/2017 7:54:00 PM

Very very moisturizing, and only light coverage. Not something for people with more than normal skin, even when set with powder.
I can see this foundation being good for more dry-skinned people,who are looking for low coverage, skin-like look. The lightest shade is very pink toned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a different product compared to regular double wear that I don't know where to start! Everything about it is great: coverage, staying on ability, color, scent (very pleasant light). I decided to try it after I absolutely hated double wear (causes breakouts), but really liked double wear bb cream which didn't give me the coverage I needed though. This one does it all. I use intensity 01. To compare I am Ecru 1n2 in double wear which is little light for me and 02 in bb cream which is slightly dark. But for some reason this one is the good match. I recommend to try it out. One downfall - it is expensive. I don't use it every day and it lasts for about 7-9 months and you have to buy a different shade in summer/winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect, except they took out the sunscreen, so I would not repurchase. I'm Intensity 0.5 and it's the perfect color for me. The coverage is beautiful -- just the right amount. Lasts all day, however, now that Loreal has this in the drugstore, called Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Makeup, I'll just buy that instead.

on 12/21/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I hate this product, it’s extremely matte and cling on the skin (and I've a combinaison skin, absolutly not deshydrated or dry.
Leave a dry and unnatural finish.
It’s heavy with quite high coverage.
I even prefer the standard Double Wear foundation which is also matte but not that much, which leaves a more natural finish.
I’m surprise that so many girls like this product. I’m not keen on matte finish (a prefer a satin or slightly dewy finish like MUFE F&B), and had a bad experience with this one. Hopefully, it was a sample. I tried the shade 4.0 which is a bit too light for my NC43 skintone (Nars Syracuse). 4.5 should be ok but I will never purchase it anyway.