Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide. Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 2/16/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I am very hard to please when it comes to foundation. The cakey, ''face full of makeup'' look is not my cup of tea. I was looking for a product that looks natural, while still giving a good coverage. While I find the original Double Wear to be too thick and cakey looking...Este Lauder Double Wear Light is just perfect. It gives your skin the most natural finish while giving you a polished, radiant complexion. I have already repurchased the product four times and would definitely continue to restock !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolute favourite everyday foundation. Fantastic oil control, amazing coverage without looking too heavy and lasts a whole day. Amazing. I always have a spare of this!

on 2/2/2017 7:54:00 PM

Very very moisturizing, and only light coverage. Not something for people with more than normal skin, even when set with powder.
I can see this foundation being good for more dry-skinned people,who are looking for low coverage, skin-like look. The lightest shade is very pink toned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is such a different product compared to regular double wear that I don't know where to start! Everything about it is great: coverage, staying on ability, color, scent (very pleasant light). I decided to try it after I absolutely hated double wear, but really liked double wear bb cream which didn't give me the coverage I needed though. This one does it all. I use intensity 01. To compare I am Ecru 1n2 in double wear which is little light for me and 02 in bb cream which is slightly dark. But for some reason this one is the good match. I recommend to try it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect, except they took out the sunscreen, so I would not repurchase. I'm Intensity 0.5 and it's the perfect color for me. The coverage is beautiful -- just the right amount. Lasts all day, however, now that Loreal has this in the drugstore, called Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Makeup, I'll just buy that instead.

on 12/21/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I hate this product, it’s extremely matte and cling on the skin (and I've a combinaison skin, absolutly not deshydrated or dry.
Leave a dry and unnatural finish.
It’s heavy with quite high coverage.
I even prefer the standard Double Wear foundation which is also matte but not that much, which leaves a more natural finish.
I’m surprise that so many girls like this product. I’m not keen on matte finish (a prefer a satin or slightly dewy finish like MUFE F&B), and had a bad experience with this one. Hopefully, it was a sample. I tried the shade 4.0 which is a bit too light for my NC43 skintone (Nars Syracuse). 4.5 should be ok but I will never purchase it anyway.

on 11/22/2016 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am NW20 and use shade 2 just for reference. Having been a die hard fan of the original ELDW for years, I was disappointed that with my aging years it was becoming too heavy for me. I tried this and it works much better for me now, but I'm kind of on the fence about it. 1. It's very easy to apply with either a brush or sponge. 2. It lasts 8hrs with a good primer & setting spray. 3. It doesn't work well with some powders (Ben Nye Banana Powder users beware - it goes very cakey) It does work well with Laura Mercier, Clarins and Elf. 4. It's a very flat, matte foundation which is not good for mature skin; you will need to add some glow. 5. I personally don't like the squeeze tube as I find it wasteful. There are a lot of foundations out there which are better, and in some case cheaper. Laneige BB pore control cushion is amazing - gives good coverage & looks like skin. ( Sand beige is a good match) My advice as always is get a sample first

on 11/10/2016 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has quickly become one of my favourite foundations. Estee Lauder as a brand appears to be formidable with the DW line. I have tried the DW, DW Max and now DWL; and love all three.

I am oily and acne prone so it takes a bit to impress me when it comes to foundation. I look for something that looks close to natural (or can be made to look that way), makes my make up look good when I wear it all day and stays close to flawless by the end of the day.

This foundation has met all three categories and excelled over many of my tried and true.

Putting it on before dawn at 5am it has lasted a long work day ending at 7pm (this is my fail safe test for new foundations). In my books this is outstanding.

It's a normal liquid foundation, medium to full coverage, no real strong scent to it and no SD Alcohol in the formula. It applies smoothly enough giving you just about enough time to blend before setting to a semi-matte finish. I find using fingers the best for application, I feel my brush soaks up to much product (but if you like sheer this will work). I like to see how well it covers and blends, so using my fingers helps me apply less with better overall coverage. I then tap the beauty blender on top to remove any excess and smooth out.

I only had to blot every 6 hours with this and the foundation looks fresh again. There isn't any transfer on the blotting sheet and that's a good sign for me. I just make sure not to over powder after blotting or it will look too dry/heavy. I have checked at the end of the day and my oily areas haven't broken up at all. I hate when i can see my skin under foundation and i see separation as my oils break it down.

If i compare it to the other DWs it's a more liquid formula than both. It's sheerer than DW and gives you room to play with coverage i.e. sheer or med-full. The only thing is, it has a tendency to accentuate pores more than the other two.

Totally loving this foundation and would recommend to combination - oily. Will continue using and update if things change or I breakout.

on 10/14/2016 10:25:00 PM

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light - #3:

PROS: It provides good coverage but is not as heavy and cakey as Double Wear. Oil control is good, but not as good as DW.

CONS: Like DW, it still has a tendency to settle in, and magnify, large pores or other problem areas. And although it’s more natural looking than DW, I still felt it looked obvious. Very small color selection. But a decent foundation, if you can find a color match.

on 10/13/2016 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

One of my few favorites, definitely my most reliable everyday foundation.
This was one of my first purchases when I started using makeup due to hyperpigmentation issues that started when I turned 40. Prior to that I didn't even own a liquid foundation. Since then I have tried just about everything in existence on the hunt for a solution that would cover and be long-wearing without making me look older. Most foundations only look good from a distance after 40 :).
At first I wasn't in love with the finish. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and the rather dewy finish (it's more satin than dewy) didn't help much to control oil. In addition due to large pores and skin becoming more textured with age (think of an orange peel, that's what the skin near my nose looks like) I find that even a satin finish emphasizes these issues. BUT after buying just about everything else on the market I now appreciate this one more.
The coverage is good, the finish can be mattified with a powder, the color match, while not perfect for a pale gal like me, is okay (I use both intensity 0.5 and 1, depending on the season, neither are perfect, neither are awful), it's long lasting even in extreme heat. It doesn't get patchy. Doesn't sink into pores.
The less you use, the better it looks. I stay away from textured areas or apply a very thin layer. I do need to come back and remove whatever sinks into my laugh lines after initial application but then I'm good.
Overall this is a very good, reliable, no nonsense, everyday foundation.