Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum [DISCONTINUED]

Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Tritium Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinale (Borage) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Auranitium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beta Carotene, Vegetable Oil

on 1/12/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is hands-down the best facial oil serum that I've used. I'm wrecked that they discontinued this item - if this were produced by another company and gotten some marketing done right, this could have retailed for $100, $150 easily. Here's why: this kept fine lines at bay for me (I'm in my mid 30's) after 1) extensive tanning at several times a week for about 4 years, and 2) drying acne products (didn't even notice they were drying, that's what a penetrating moisturizer it was). My skin was younger-looking using this and going tanning, than it was without tanning and without this serum. If that's not f***ing magic, I don't know what is. Two drops patted onto the face twice a day right after cleansing and before my retinol and moisturizer. I even sprayed a bit of rose water witch hazel on my face first to sort of pull the moisture in and lock it in even better. It made the oil spread a bit easier too. Fine lines are starting to emerge around my eyes and mouth now that I'm running out of this item (using the last few drops in the bottle every other nights to space it out. Weeping at the thought of its demise!). I've been using Egyptian Magic as a substitute - and that's a Holy Grail product too, for different reasons - but it's not the same thing. The BB serum didn't interfere with makeup application either. It absorbed well, it made my eyelashes stronger (you can dab it right on your lash line, eyebrows too), and it just made everything healthy, smooth, and radiant. Smells great too, like slightly earthy or hippie-ish aromatherapy :) Just yum. I'm wary of using any thing as an oil serum that contains polysyllabic words that I haven't heard of, as it's almost a guarantee that it's not going to absorb as well, or it's going to slip due to silicones or latex derivatives, which by the way, will also cause breakouts. Which by the way, this never did - it actually helped regulate oil production, healed blemish scars, diminished decades old acne scars (!) and never ever caused breakouts. Did I mention it was a dang miracle? FTLOG bring it back!

on 1/13/2015 3:24:00 AM

It's been a long time since I liked a product like this but this oil serum has stolen my heart. I used to like serums more than oil because I don't like how it feels on my face when applied. During the first few times I put this on, it was so oily because I put too much, but after reading reviews here on MUA, I learned that only a few drops are needed per application. I use this after I wash my face in the morning, after I wiped it down and it is still a bit wet, I use 3 drops and warm it up on my hands and place my whole palm on my face, making sure I put some on wrinkle prone areas like my eyes and forehead. I used to hate the smell but now I love it so much that I look forward to putting it on every morning, the scent relaxes me. It just needed a little getting used in my case. I love how dewy and soft my skin feels after. With just the right amount, it absorbs very well into my skin and I feel that I'm doing a lot for my skin with this oil. I hope they don't discontinue this because I plan to put this in my beauty arsenal till I'm old. Hopefully this will make me looking forever young and wrinkle-free.

on 2/11/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this after reading many good reviews here, but this breaks me out. The packaging is nice, neat and easy to use. The scent is spicy, reminds me of clove. The texture feels nice when putting it on, doesn't feel greasy, but it isn't moisturizing neither. To me, this is good for daytime use, it seems to help to keep my face skin balanced throughout the day. However, after using this for about a week and half, my skin started breaking out everywhere. Will not use it again.

Unlike others I did not get this on sale. I spent $29.00 based on the great reviews on this site. I am really very disappointed and will not be repurchasing this serum. After using up 3/4 of the bottle I came to realization that it was doing nothing for me. Strange but I found this combination of oils ultimately drying. My skin never absorbed this. It just stayed on the surface of my skin. I've decided to use only pure oils and only one at a time, opposed to a combination of oils.

on 5/25/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate at night with amazing results, so I wanted to find a less expensive oil based serum to use during the day. After reading great reviews on MUA I decided to give this product a try. It has absolutely exceeded my expectations. The fragrance is nice and the oil goes on very smoothly. I use 5 drops and apply to a wet face. I mentioned in my review for the Midnight Recovery Concentrate that I steam my wet face with a hot wash cloth for about 30 seconds before applying at night, and I do the same with this product in the daytime. I use the Rosewater toner in combination with this and the products seem to work well together. I have combo skin and this product does not make my face oily or emphasize my pores. In fact, my face is not nearly as oily throughout the day, and I find myself blotting much less without needing to reapply my powder foundation. My skin looks dewy and fresh!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

i have sensitive/oily skin with rosacea. this serum is a godsend.i put it on at night and by the next morning my skin is renewed and my rosacea has calmed down. it's a wonder serum for me. it doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout. i love,love,love it. i will use this for as long as burts bees makes it.

on 12/17/2012 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This really plumps and brightens my face. It is a great moisturizer and vitalizer. Definatly gives results!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Burts Bees Naturally Ageless Serum is my skin's wonder product of all time. I have dry, sensitive and crepey skin that is exaggerated more by the dry climate that I live in. Thank God for this product! It is the most moisturizing and long lasting product on the market in my opinion. Oh and it's all natural! No guilt!

Burts Bees really does an amazing job with this entire line of Naturally Ageless products. I love them all but if I had to choose one it would be the Naturally Ageless Serum because you need so little to give you so much moisture that really lasts. It is such a nourishing oil that you really just need only a couple drops mixed with a few drops of water in your hands and smooth it all over your face. Perfect for using before bed and under makeup.

It is not particularly thin or thick, just a normal consistency like olive oil but the moisturizing properties are astonishing! It makes my dry sometimes crepey skin look plumped up and young underneath my makeup.

Scent wise, the Ageless line is very nice as well and I enjoy applying it to my face.

I'm relived that this serum does not give me acne even though I do get acne using many other oils. For example, sweet almond oil totally causes breakouts. Even for my sensitive skin, this works like a dream.

For the record I also tried the other serum Burts Bees makes - the Radiance one - and hated it. Or I guess I should say it didn't do anything for my face since it is so watery, but this one is like hitting the jackpot!

Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum is a truly must have product. It is amazing. It's incredibly nourishing and hydrating. I couldn't be any more pleased. I always feel like I'm doing such a good thing for my skin whenever I wear it because it is natural and nothing has ever come close to moisturizing my skin like this.

Thank you Burts Bees!!!!

on 12/5/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Amazing smell, soft skin, no breakouts, 100% natural and a magnificient moisturizer. What more can a gal ask for?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this item twice in hopes that it would eliminate my fine lines since I am only 22 years old. I do not have any deep wrinkles or anything but have been proactive about preventing wrinkles. I do not think this does anything to my face or improve my skin. This is really expensive for a drugstore brand about $24.99 at Target.. So basically I have spent $50 for this item in total which could have gone to a better product..