Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

4.2

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Acrylate Copolymer, Pge-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Distearyl Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Laureth-2, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Methylparaben, Squalane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil

An okay cleanser, claims to be for all skin types, "thoroughly cleanses and removes makeup without drying or stripping skin of natural oils". I don't know that I'd go that far but it's an okay cleanser, nothing earth shattering although I'm not sure what cleanser would be. A bit pricey too. The cleanser foams up a lot, which I have to say I am partial to. If you like foaming cleansers this is a good option. I don't use cleanser to remove makeup so I can't comment on that claim but I would agree that it thoroughly cleanses your skin and I didn't find my skin tight or dry afterward.

The sales rep said that Kiehl's products are "all natural with some science". WHAT???? Probably the best part of my experience in their store was getting a skin assessment done with those little paper strips to find out what my skin type was. After that came the 8 different products they recommend using. Uh... Are you serious? So I went home with samples for about 6 and have been testing them out but so far I'm not "wowed" enough to purchase any of them.

on 8/11/2016 11:39:00 AM

My HG facial wash!!
I have normal skin. I stick around philosophy purity cleanser + clarisonic for about 2 years, abit of an overkill, just as I thought cleansing couldn't get any better, I found this.

Pros:
- hydrating, does not strip off moisture
- inexpensive
- smells fresh
- does a good job cleansing

Cons:
- contain alcohol, paraben and almond oils so if you're allergic...
- ugly packaging 😂

To Read all 168 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/2/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin feels clean and refreshing without being dry and tight. I have tried quite a few cleansers for sensitive , oily, acne-prone and normal skin type but never felt satisfied for my oily and sensitive skin. I would recommend this cleanser for anyone whose skin is extremely oily and prone to clogged pores like mine.

Kiehls knocked it out of the park with the Ultra Facial Cleanser. Very gentle, not over drying, soothes and reduces acne while removing makeup. Gentle enough to use twice a day, morning and night.

on 6/17/2016 2:16:00 PM

I have slightly dry skin and this facial cleanser is super comfortable on my skin. I literally am not going to bother ever changing cleansers because this is IT! It leaves my pores feeling clean but my skin isn't stripped dry. I do feel that the ingredients are really effective. A little goes a long way (start with a small drop, really) as you rub it, it lathers into a fine texture. The tube is lasting me forever! It's been months now and my tube is still so heavy!

on 5/30/2016 11:29:00 PM

Love this cleanser, never over drying, doesn't leave a film after you wash your face just a great cleanser, that helps prevent breakouts and removes your makeup. I have tried many many cleansers and this is the best!

on 5/14/2016 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this cleanser last year, when my hormonal acne was flaring up very aggressively. My previously normal skin suddenly felt extremely dehydrated and became flaky after cleansing with my go-to cleanser (Body Shop Seaweed gel thing) even though it was like the 7th tube I was using. I was convinced that my skin had become dry, but cystic acne kept forming and left me doubtful.

I read about how this cleanser is suitable for all skin types, and I really agree with it. The ingredient list was very appealing to me as well, as it got a 4 star review on Paula's Choice.

It comes in a scentless gel form and does not foam much, but was reassuring to me as I was afraid of foaming cleansers causing irritation. Using it as a second step of cleansing after makeup remover oil/micellar water removes makeup quite well. It left my skin a bit tight after cleansing, but I didn't have a problem with it, as it did not feel abnormally dry. There were certain days when I experienced some itching on my cheeks. This was when I used the cleanser following a makeup cleansing oil - so I suspect the itch was caused there instead. Either way, this cleanser might not be that great if you wear heavy makeup. I did not experience any flakiness with this product as well.

I'm on medication for the hormonal acne now, and my skin condition has stablised to become normal-to-dry. This product still holds up well. I really like it!

I've been using it for around 6 months - the bottle is 150ml and a little goes a long way.

The only con about this product is that it is rather expensive.

I am actually on my second or third repurchase! I've been using it for quite a while that I don't remember how long I've been using it, most definitely more than a year. It doesn't dry my skin or leave it oily. I remove make up before cleansing with it because it doesn't really do that well. It is by no mean a miracle worker, I still break out and my skin still gets dry sometimes but that's just the way it is. Definitely getting a new one once this one is finished!

on 3/26/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this cleanser it doesnt aggravate my acne prone skin and doesnt dry it out either, I use it am and pm (after removing foindation with bioderma sensibio). Will repurchase.

on 3/25/2016 1:57:00 PM

My HG cleanser which I never would have discovered if I hadn't forgotten to bring face wash on a trip and had to borrow a friend's. This is the perfect gentle cleanser that does not strip skin. You also only need a tiny amount which makes the price totally worth it. I always use an eye makeup remover first though, so I don't rely on this cleanser to do that for me. Otherwise, perfection!