Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

4.1

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Acrylate Copolymer, Pge-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Distearyl Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Laureth-2, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Methylparaben, Squalane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil

on 4/19/2017 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I went to a Kiehl's counter, and the SA told me that my skin was dehydrated, and recommended to me to use the Ultra Facial Cleanser and the Ultra Facial Cream to help get my moisture levels back up. Against my better judgement (I always get sucked in by SA's even though I know better, especially learning all the knowledge from the skincare board) I bought it and lo and behold, its awful for my skin! For a start it smells of chemicals, and I am also not used to foamy detergent like cleansers, which this one is. It didnt leave my skin feeling dry... but it 'looked' parched afterwards, and also irritated. The second time I washed my face with it the redness and irritation increased.. and I also started to get welts on my cheeks! Needless to say this was a bad investment and I dont recommend if you have sensitive skin like mine!

ACNE SPOT CLEANSER
    First of all this is the first time I use Kiehl, after I read the review on this website. I think it might be good to try it. So I bought this because my old face cleaser was not really fit me,the old one can prevent acne however it didn't help me to clean the dark spot from the acne .
    I don't see any radical changes with my skin. However, the effect after use this thing is it didn't make my skin dry and my skin got a little bit better slowly, my skin can be reddish a little bit but after using this it seems my skin got a little bit cooler down. About the cleanser itself, the texture is very light and soapy. It got rinsed easily.
    The only thing that make a fuss is how can I take this to travelling ? the size is so big and it made me think "is it worth to try?"

So, overall this is nice cleansing formula very soft and easy to clean with water. especially if you try to find solution for acne dark spot for oily skin.

on 2/13/2017 12:33:00 AM

After about three uses, my skin got progressively worse, and I developed a rash, discoloration, and bumpy skin texture (I do not have acne, acne-prone skin, or allergies of any kind). I have never experienced anything like this, so Ijust want other people to know that this cleanser may not be right for all skin types. Check the ingredient list carefully.

on 1/19/2017 4:41:00 PM

A good and gentle cleanser but nothing special.

İ hated it

on 1/12/2017 6:50:00 PM

I've never had a bad reaction when trying new products, but this completely wrecked my skin! I broke out in a rash then had tons of little spots on my face,
    It took weeks to get my skin back to normal, never again.

on 1/1/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This mask is great hands down especially for the winter months when you need the perfect moisture balance. It really brightens my complexion and cleanses all my makeup in one use. I use with my foreo and I love it.

on 12/9/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Lovess it... cleanse perfectly without stripping.. never change back since

on 10/18/2016 4:58:00 PM

Purchased after reading all the positive reviews online.
    My skin type: sensitive, combination prone to dryness.
    Overall verdict: basic, simple cleanser.

I tend to like products that are more natural and gentle on the skin. While this cleanser feels like a basic, easy product that produces a clean feeling after use, it does feel like it's a little on the harsh side. Could be some of the other products I was using at the same time but patches of my skin became flaky after a while. I also get disappointed when I see ingredients like parabens in higher end products, as was the case here.
    I've just finished my first tube and, given the choice out there, don't think I will return to this product.

on 8/31/2016 1:08:00 PM

I am on my second large tube of this and I have to say this cleanser is the only foaming cleanser that has ever made it close to HG status. Now it is a staple in my bathroom and I don't think I can go a week without it.
    It is the only foaming cleanser that is so mild that it never dries my skin out. Even when I was on a high dose of accutane and my skin was extremely sensitive and dry this would not irritate it and dry it out even more. It contains moistirizing oils (Apricot, Avocado, Almond, Vitamin E) and glycerin which all make for a softer, smoother product.
    The scent is very nice and soft, never bothered me much. Smells floral and pleasant. After rinsing it leaves my skin comfortable, refreshed and clean. But not squeaky clean and dehydrated.
    It lathers up nicely, but wouldn't say it's too foamy. The foam is soft and gentle and there isn't a truckload of it.
    Truly love the tube packaging into which I could cut and get all the product out.
    I'm not so sure this would suit all skin types though. I think this is geared towards combo to dry skin. Oily or dehydrated wouldn't really love this, unless your other skincare is very smart and targeted.