Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

4.2

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Acrylate Copolymer, Pge-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Lauryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Distearyl Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Laureth-2, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Propylparaben, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Methylparaben, Squalane, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil

Kiehls knocked it out of the park with the Ultra Facial Cleanser. Very gentle, not over drying, soothes and reduces acne while removing makeup. Gentle enough to use twice a day, morning and night.

on 6/17/2016 2:16:00 PM

I have slightly dry skin and this facial cleanser is super comfortable on my skin. I literally am not going to bother ever changing cleansers because this is IT! It leaves my pores feeling clean but my skin isn't stripped dry. I do feel that the ingredients are really effective. A little goes a long way (start with a small drop, really) as you rub it, it lathers into a fine texture. The tube is lasting me forever! It's been months now and my tube is still so heavy!

To Read all 165 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2016 11:29:00 PM

Love this cleanser, never over drying, doesn't leave a film after you wash your face just a great cleanser, that helps prevent breakouts and removes your makeup. I have tried many many cleansers and this is the best!

on 5/14/2016 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using this cleanser last year, when my hormonal acne was flaring up very aggressively. My previously normal skin suddenly felt extremely dehydrated and became flaky after cleansing with my go-to cleanser (Body Shop Seaweed gel thing) even though it was like the 7th tube I was using. I was convinced that my skin had become dry, but cystic acne kept forming and left me doubtful.

I read about how this cleanser is suitable for all skin types, and I really agree with it. The ingredient list was very appealing to me as well, as it got a 4 star review on Paula's Choice.

It comes in a scentless gel form and does not foam much, but was reassuring to me as I was afraid of foaming cleansers causing irritation. Using it as a second step of cleansing after makeup remover oil/micellar water removes makeup quite well. It left my skin a bit tight after cleansing, but I didn't have a problem with it, as it did not feel abnormally dry. There were certain days when I experienced some itching on my cheeks. This was when I used the cleanser following a makeup cleansing oil - so I suspect the itch was caused there instead. Either way, this cleanser might not be that great if you wear heavy makeup. I did not experience any flakiness with this product as well.

I'm on medication for the hormonal acne now, and my skin condition has stablised to become normal-to-dry. This product still holds up well. I really like it!

I've been using it for around 6 months - the bottle is 150ml and a little goes a long way.

The only con about this product is that it is rather expensive.

I am actually on my second or third repurchase! I've been using it for quite a while that I don't remember how long I've been using it, most definitely more than a year. It doesn't dry my skin or leave it oily. I remove make up before cleansing with it because it doesn't really do that well. It is by no mean a miracle worker, I still break out and my skin still gets dry sometimes but that's just the way it is. Definitely getting a new one once this one is finished!

on 3/26/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this cleanser it doesnt aggravate my acne prone skin and doesnt dry it out either, I use it am and pm (after removing foindation with bioderma sensibio). Will repurchase.

on 3/25/2016 1:57:00 PM

My HG cleanser which I never would have discovered if I hadn't forgotten to bring face wash on a trip and had to borrow a friend's. This is the perfect gentle cleanser that does not strip skin. You also only need a tiny amount which makes the price totally worth it. I always use an eye makeup remover first though, so I don't rely on this cleanser to do that for me. Otherwise, perfection!

on 2/21/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This irritates my skin and does not budge the small amount of eyeliner and mascara that I usually wear.

on 1/30/2016 9:21:00 PM

This is my perfect cleanser. Because it contains apricot and olive oil, the lather feels realy soft and velvety on the skin, cleansing very gently yet effectively. It does not break me out, nor does not my skin feeli tight or dry after using it. I had originally received a 30ml travel size of this gentle cleanser - once that ran out I took the plunge and purchased the big 150ml tube. Initially I thought it was expensive for a cleanser, but you only need the tiniest amount - no bigger than a pearl. I have been using my big tube morning and night for over 10 months and am only now running out.
I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a gentle, unscented cleanser that still manages to feel luxurious.

on 1/30/2016 11:30:00 AM

I think this is a pretty decent, if not overpriced cleanser. It's very dense, and has a luxurious, cushiony feel when you are lathering it over your face. You only need a tiny amount to wash your entire face, but if I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup, a second application is necessary. I can't be bothered with makeup removers, so I want a cleanser that gets it all off. If this one did that, I'd probably rate it perfectly. Still, it feels nice on my skin, it doesn't dry me out or give me that stripped feeling, so I'd probably buy it again. Unscented.