Aloe Vera Plant

Aloe Vera Plant

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Aloe vera gel from the plant is saving my skin and healing it. I was having a bad hormonal breakout on my cheeks and chin and forehead. Most of my face has cleared up but I still have red spots and some pimples that were deep in skin coming to a head finally! I'm glad this is working. I hope it gets rid of my red spots completely. I use this twice a day every other day because skin needs to breath. It's only been a week but seen major improvment will continue to use for however long it takes to get my face clear again! My grandma who is 80 has been using this all her life. She has no wrinkles and her skin looks flawless. She is the one who reccommended this to me and gave me a huge plant for myself. To use it I cut 2 or 3 stems, scoop out the gel and put it in a container in the fridge. Lasts more than a week. Give it a try! Be patient and consistent with it and you will see results I promise. Hope this helps anyone suffering with acne and acne spots! I will update in a month to share my progress :)

on 11/17/2015 2:47:00 PM

I love Aloe vera plant and I have been using a DIY Aloe Vera mask almost everyday with great results for acne and also anti-aging. Aloe vera is super high in Vitamin E and C which helps the skin regenerate. It also has anti-bacterial properties, which make this mask an amazing ally to help heal acne, prevent new acne breakouts, build collagen and smooths out wrinkles. Aloe Vera also helps heal burns, cuts, soothes sunburns and treats rosacea redness. All you need is a small piece of an Aloe Vera plant.You can use this mask everyday or 1x a week. You can leave it for 15 minutes or even leave it overnight. Try it out and you will see amazing results! Here is the link:

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/5/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I just purchased Aloe Vera plant and I love it. I have been using it to moisturize my dry, sensitive skin and so far it works really well. It also soothes my skin and refreshes after a workout or hot summer day.
I will update on this later because I have been using it only for few days.

on 7/24/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is said that Cleopatra used Aloe Vera gel straight from the fresh cut stalk to keep her skin alive and beautiful. I love that for millenias this perfect plant has been benefiting us all as a humectant, medicine and food. I live in Florida and have a patch of Aloe Vera growing on the side of my house. Sun and water are all my babies need and they thrive.

As a child growing up in the tropics of Polynesia with Type 3 fair-medium skin I would burn with prolonged exposure. My mother would try to keep my skin protected but as kids do I would run around unprotected and would get burnt. She too would have plants and would rub me with the gel. It would work for a time but reapplication was needed every twenty minutes. I remember those miserable moments. As I got into my teens my skin "adapted" to the tropical sunshine. When in my early twenties living at the foot of Diamond Head I was a suntan junkie. No SPF just pure tan oil. What was I thinking?!? My skin had not "adapted" it was damaged. Auwe! I would tan easily but I still got burned if out for too long and would treat myself with the Aloe Vera. My skin was already starting to dry on my face so I moisturized with the Aloe Vera and Cocoa Butter daily thinking all would be well.

In my mid twenties I found Olive Oil to use as a humectant and stopped laying out as much. I was more into using my SPF 30 as times changed and we all became more aware of the danger of the Sun. The skin damage was done but luckily I had no cancers when I was checked. Could have the miracle plant Aloe Vera prevented it? I am still not sure as it may have been the 25% Native American genetics I have. I absorbed a vast amount of Aloe Vera gel straight from the stalk into my skin for the first twenty years of my life living in Hawaii though. So you never know.

In my early thirties I was not laying out at all and used my SPF 30 daily. I did not use as much Aloe Vera then but I started getting Rosasea and broken capillaries. I was told to use Aloe Vera and it did the trick of lightening it up quite a bit. In my forties I use it now nightly for rosasea before I put on my PTR Glycolic Acid serum and Cerave. I use it before putting on my sunscreen or BB cream in the day as well to lighten up the redness. The broken capillaries have all diminished as well but return when I use face scrubs. I now use a washcloth and cleanser. Then apply this and take Vitamin C. The capillaries get kept at bay.

I put some gel in my wake up smoothie too.

Wonderful Aloe Vera...the good for us Miracle Plant!

on 3/27/2015 3:23:00 AM

Aloe vera plant is the plant which is always been in my house. It grows easily even if you forget to water it for days. My grandma told me that aloe vera is good for hair and skin. She put alot on my hair as a hair mask, no wonder I have strong thick hair, I mean really thick. I did put on my face couple times many years ago, but at that moment I was at my best face condition.
So I've been struggling to get rid my red spot for more than 1.5 years. I tried several treatment, chemical peeling, laser, mesotherapy, some kind of treatment using different lights (I don't remember the name). But none of them works permanently, red spots just fade away for couple days after the treatment and reappear.
Some how I remember about this aloe vera plant and I did read some articles about aloe vera. Based on what I see in the internet, aloe vera helps removing the acne spot, not the acne itself. Even for some people, their acne is gone after using the aloe vera gel.
I cut the aloe vera plant and put the gel on my face for 10 minutes only, before the gel completely dry. [I always do a test before putting anything on my face, and I suggest anybody who has sensitive skin to do a test even aloe vera plant is a natural ingredient, but I've never had any problem with aloe vera, no test needed for me]
After the 3rd times using the aloe vera, I can see the difference, the redness is less visible. I use it at least 3times a week, even some people recommend to use it 2x everyday for better and faster result. But 3times a week, consistency and some patience is enough for me

on 3/24/2015 9:57:00 PM

I've had mixed results and wanted to share in case someone is wondering about side effects they have had. I used the gel from the plant all over my face to try to reduce a few red areas. I noticed great improvement after one night but after 3 or 4 nights I started getting odd blackheads and several small pimples everywhere. I'm sure it was the aloe because i stopped all other products and the acne that formed was in an unusual pattern. It seemed clear that the aloe was clogging pores. Darn. I guess it's better for use right after trauma but perhaps not every day - at least not on the face.

on 1/22/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nature's sunburn/minor burn relief. A natural humectant. A digestive aid. So many uses - but alas, i have a "brown thumb" and my plants tend to die. Nevertheless, I always try to keep a plant or two around.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my jam right here.
I use aloe vera for everything.
It tightens my pores, heals my sensitive skin, heals the sunburns that I get from walking out of the house for 2 minutes, it gets rid of pimples in just a few days, I also put a little aloe water into a home-made detangler which helps SO MUCH! I love it

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Most people know aloe vera to help with sunburns, cuts, rashes, etc., but there is a laundry list of uses. It can also be as a shaving cream, as a face wash, for bad breath, & for dry/cracked feet! I personally like it for beauty, aesthetics, & skincare. I have tried & still do use it for practically everything... sunburns, as a makeup remover, on my legs & pits after shaving, as an eyebrow gel, & in my natural 3C wild curly hair. I don't know why, but aloe vera worked everywhere BUT my face. I've found other great uses for it though so continue to use it. I moisturize &/or style my hair more than anything else, but it�s the only thing I'll use to moisturize my legs, armpits, & bikini area after shaving. I sometimes even use it as a substitute for or alternative to lotion. I've even told my fiance aloe vera can be used as an aftershave treatment.

Pros:
Makeup remover: Applied with a cotton ball to remove dirt all-over & makeup in eye area.
After shaving: Quickly soothes skin after shaving; antibacterial, helps w/ cuts, non-drying.
Eyebrow Gel: Applied with a mascara wand spoolie to keep them in place w/o hardening.
Hair: Defined/moisturized curls, shine, prevented dandruff, & used to style after washing.

Cons:
Moisturizer & Makeup base: Slimy, & didn't help/work; skin felt like nothing was applied.
Acne treatment: Again, nothing, but I did notice my skin didn't scar as badly as before.
Eczema treatment: Nothing. (I'm in my twenties & never "outgrew" childhood eczema.)
Stretch marks: Didn't improve faint/light stretch marks from 20+ lb summer weight loss.

*Just because it didn't work for the problems I wanted (oily skin, acne, eczema, & stretch marks) doesn't mean it will not help you if you're trying to use it for those problems. For example, it moisturizes skin & is good for oily complexions, right? I have insanely oily skin! If your skin isn't as bad as mine & you can get some gel or a plant cheap (or free, depending on where you live), it might work for you!

on 10/23/2014 5:24:00 AM

I needed to have radiotherapy for breast cancer and directly after each treatment, before putting my clothes back on I would use a combination of plant aloe vera(the plant is cooling and soothing) and aloe gel from a pump pack on my breast. By the end of my treatment the radiographer said he could not believe how my breast was in great condition with minimal burning. He said he had only seen one other in better condition and that person had used only the commercial aloe gel.
Please tell this to anyone who is going to undergo treatment like this because it can really improve the quality of life in a very difficult time.
Just think if this is how successfully it repairs radiation burn, get it on your sunburn ASAP.