Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream
Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night CreamPositively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Squalane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Algae Extract, Copper Gluconate, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 75 Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Stearyl Caprylate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, CyclopentaSiloxane, Laureth 7, Allantoin, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate

on 4/25/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this product from Walmart and it's lasted a few days. I really wanted to like it, because I love Aveeno.

PROS: Okay moisturizing power. Pleasant smell (although a little strong for the face).
CONS: Leaves a slight residue on skin. Sometimes will ball up if you applied too much and then rub your skin. Does not do what it claims ("visibly lift and firm, visibly reduce lines and wrinkles"). Makes my face feel a tiny bit itchy.

I will not be repurchasing this product. I'll stick to my super-inexpensive Avon Nurtura moisturizer! It's way cheaper and works pretty well for a moisturizer (it doesn't do anything else, but it doesn't claim to do anything else either).

I got a small tube of this as a free sample, man I LOVE the smell. It feels so good on my skin too. Its cooling and it doesn't feel sticky on my skin like most night creams. I'd want to buy a full size bottle but its kind of expensive. I'll definitely use the whole sample though.

on 1/10/2009 4:48:00 PM

I normally try a product for 1 or 2 weeks and toss it if I have a problem with it. This stuff I tried for almost 3 months and it has destroyed my skin. My skin is so congested looking, broken out and no improvement in my minor wrinkles. This stuff is awful. Just 3 days with a retinol cream and major improvement. Changed my day moisturizer to another brand and even more improvement. The only thing this stuff does is positively screw up your skin. I didn't find it particularly moisturizing and it certainly did nothing for the texture of my skin. To date, I haven't found a single Aveeno facial care product I like but I do enjoy several of the body care products.

on 7/17/2008 8:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After using this product for only a few days I noticed a significant change in my skin and it keeps getting better as I continue to use it. My face is firming. Lines are diminishing and sun spots are fading. I love this cream.
I dont use the serum or the day cream because the night cream seems to do it all. Best of all my neck is looking more toned and the area under my chin is firming.
I would give this cream 10 stars if I could.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The jury is still out on this product. I've been using it for a month. It's a VERY heavy cream which is something I'm not used to and it's majorly scented. I think it might be clogging the pores on my chin which are looking worse since I started using this moisturizer. I really want to experience the lifting and firming benefits so I'll keep trying it until the jar runs out.

on 5/14/2008 12:54:00 AM

I purchased this at my local Target for about $15 and I had a $1.50 coupon as my incentive to buy. It is a little on the high side for drugstore brand skincare. It is a 1.7 oz/50ml jar.

My co-worker had mentioned that she noticed her sister skin(probably in her 50's) was visibly nicer. When asked, her sister said she was using this for about 2 months and was already on her 2nd jar. My co-worker, of course, ran (almost tripped-- lol) to her nearest Target and purchased a jar. Did I mention that I did the same? Of course, I did! I think a few of my other co-workers ran, too!

I agree with the previous reviewer re: jar. It really would be better in a pump purely for sanitary purposes!

I like the scent. It's fresh and clean. I sometimes miss scents in my products because so many nowadays are unscented. It's ok for me, but may be a bit strong for others.

The active ingredient is mushroom extract. We will probably be seeing aot of skincare items with this active ingredient!

So far, I have been using this for about 2 weeks and can confirm that my skin does feel and look firmer. It absorbs immediately into the skin with a nice soft matte finish. I've actually gotten people asking if I had done something new. Now, mind you that I'm only 40 (look quite young for my age) I still have those days when my skin can look and feel tired. I think this is a keeper. My other co-worker (also 40ish) looks fresher, too. She, too, has gotten some unexpected compliments! We did not tell anyone we were using anything new, so these compliments seem to be genuine. The co-worker who is in her 50's isn't showing much progress yet, but I hope her skin perks up in a couple of months. I will update more later...

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 5 days and so far I Loooove it!!! My skin feels so smooth and you only need a small amount of the product for great moisture. I do put a serum on before this product about 3 nights a week and it still seems to work great. I have acne prone skin and so far so good! I would highly recommend this product!