Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream
Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night CreamPositively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

3.2

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Squalane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Algae Extract, Copper Gluconate, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 75 Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Stearyl Caprylate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, CyclopentaSiloxane, Laureth 7, Allantoin, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate

I REALLY LOVE what this moisturizer is doing to my skin!! I've only been using it for several days now and I don't know about it lifting or firming anything - but it is a great moisturizer and really brightens my face and evens out my skin tone! It's not cheap, but its not expensive. The packaging is okay - I don't like the fact that it is in a jar because I don't like sticking my finger or q-tip into something - oh and the smell could be bother some....but the stuff works...and it isn't breaking me out!!!! Loves it!

on 3/20/2008 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just started usimg this on my aging skin. So far, I like it since it is not greasy and leaves my face softer. Smell is ok, but could be lighter. Sor of expensive for a drugstore product at $18.00 (approximately). Will need to test for a while longer.

on 3/30/2008 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I too recently purchased this product and have been using it for about a week. My skin feels smooth in the morning and I am absolutely loving this product. So far I am not dissapointed. I went and purchased the Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Day Cream with the SPF 30 yesterday. I cant wait to try it out.

on 4/19/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh, I got issues!

1. If you have sensitive skin or just don't like heavily-scented products on your face -- STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOISTURIZER!! It's like dunking your face in a vat of fragrance.

2. Who makes a moisturizer with a twist off lid?? And how are you supposed to get the lid back on with your fingers saturated in slippery creme?? Oh wait, let me waste some tissues or run some excess water first....

3. The creme itself has not shown any results. I have a one jar rule (which is probably generous considering items #1 & #2 above): if I don't see any results by the time I get to the bottom, it fails the test. I'm close to the bottom and this one is going in the trash!

I'm off to explore the La Roche Posay aisle. My fingers are crossed that I'll find my magic potion -- hee hee!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 5 days and so far I Loooove it!!! My skin feels so smooth and you only need a small amount of the product for great moisture. I do put a serum on before this product about 3 nights a week and it still seems to work great. I have acne prone skin and so far so good! I would highly recommend this product!

on 5/14/2008 12:54:00 AM

I purchased this at my local Target for about $15 and I had a $1.50 coupon as my incentive to buy. It is a little on the high side for drugstore brand skincare. It is a 1.7 oz/50ml jar.

My co-worker had mentioned that she noticed her sister skin(probably in her 50's) was visibly nicer. When asked, her sister said she was using this for about 2 months and was already on her 2nd jar. My co-worker, of course, ran (almost tripped-- lol) to her nearest Target and purchased a jar. Did I mention that I did the same? Of course, I did! I think a few of my other co-workers ran, too!

I agree with the previous reviewer re: jar. It really would be better in a pump purely for sanitary purposes!

I like the scent. It's fresh and clean. I sometimes miss scents in my products because so many nowadays are unscented. It's ok for me, but may be a bit strong for others.

The active ingredient is mushroom extract. We will probably be seeing aot of skincare items with this active ingredient!

So far, I have been using this for about 2 weeks and can confirm that my skin does feel and look firmer. It absorbs immediately into the skin with a nice soft matte finish. I've actually gotten people asking if I had done something new. Now, mind you that I'm only 40 (look quite young for my age) I still have those days when my skin can look and feel tired. I think this is a keeper. My other co-worker (also 40ish) looks fresher, too. She, too, has gotten some unexpected compliments! We did not tell anyone we were using anything new, so these compliments seem to be genuine. The co-worker who is in her 50's isn't showing much progress yet, but I hope her skin perks up in a couple of months. I will update more later...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The jury is still out on this product. I've been using it for a month. It's a VERY heavy cream which is something I'm not used to and it's majorly scented. I think it might be clogging the pores on my chin which are looking worse since I started using this moisturizer. I really want to experience the lifting and firming benefits so I'll keep trying it until the jar runs out.

on 5/30/2008 12:39:00 AM

I bought both the rejuvenating serum and the night cream for a full month as it says to see results, nothing, a fair moisturizer, with too much perfume, and no visible results, on to try something else.

on 6/21/2008 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this drugstore product. It is comparable to many of the high-end brands that I've used. My skin just has been looking fabulous lately, and yes, I've been using Jurlique which is amazing, but I was using that day and night and I have since replaced my nighttime application with this cream and my skin looks great. I use this over my Clarins Extra-Firming Serum or Prescriptives Super Line Preventor. I have sensitive skin and don't mind the pleasant fragrance at all.

Best part is that CVS had this on sale for $2.00 off and I had a $1.50 Aveeno coupon and another CVS coupon for $4.00 off any skincare purchase. So the total cost was around $10.

I'm glad I decided to try this based on the reviews. Will repurchase and I might even try the day lotion with SPF as well as the eye cream.

on 7/17/2008 8:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After using this product for only a few days I noticed a significant change in my skin and it keeps getting better as I continue to use it. My face is firming. Lines are diminishing and sun spots are fading. I love this cream.
I dont use the serum or the day cream because the night cream seems to do it all. Best of all my neck is looking more toned and the area under my chin is firming.
I would give this cream 10 stars if I could.