Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream
Positively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night CreamPositively Ageless Lifting and Firming Night Cream

2.8

Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Squalane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ganoderma Lucidum Stem Extract (Mushroom), Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Algae Extract, Copper Gluconate, Lentinus Edodes Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 75 Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Stearyl Caprylate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteth 20, Steareth 20, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, CyclopentaSiloxane, Laureth 7, Allantoin, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate

on 12/30/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for a few weeks and so far so good...no breakouts, only soft skin. I apply it on top of my night serum since my skin still feels very dry after using a repair serum only. It is important to keep your skin hydrated, even letting it get dry over night isn't healthy. Ever notice how fine linea are so much more noticeable with dry skin? This product absorbs well and keeps my skin very soft and moisturized. I can still feel it when I rinse off my face the next morning but it isn't a heavy feeling, just soft. I have an oily T-zone so a lot moisturizers will get a bit too greasy feeling on my forehead but I've never had that problem with this.

I also have sensitive skin and I've extremely senstive to smells, many products will give me a headache but I've not had any issues with the scent from this night cream.

The lifting and firming is rather subtle but in comparison to other lifting/firming producst I've tried, at least this one doesn't make your face feel so tight that you are afraid to smile for fear of cracking skin. Another beneift I've noticed is a healthy glow..not sure if it is from this product or since I've pulled back on the Retin A a bit to reduce the pasty white face look.

I wouldn't say this is a miracle cream but I am very happy with the results and for me, it works great on top of a nightly repair serum.

I'm very impressed with this product. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I can see that my wrinkles are decreasing and skin is more smooth/radiant. I skipped a couple of nights because I was nervous about having it make me break out... but I think this is they key for me each -- 5 days with the cream -- 2 without. And I'm seeing great results on my neck... which is amazing. If you're starting to get up there in age and seeing some wrinkles, I would strongly recommend trying this because it's cheap and it helps to moisturize without breakouts.
UPDATE: After about two weeks of using this every night I started breaking out and getting milia. It's too much moisture for me. Will not repurchase.

on 5/30/2008 12:39:00 AM

I bought both the rejuvenating serum and the night cream for a full month as it says to see results, nothing, a fair moisturizer, with too much perfume, and no visible results, on to try something else.

on 5/14/2008 12:54:00 AM

I purchased this at my local Target for about $15 and I had a $1.50 coupon as my incentive to buy. It is a little on the high side for drugstore brand skincare. It is a 1.7 oz/50ml jar.

My co-worker had mentioned that she noticed her sister skin(probably in her 50's) was visibly nicer. When asked, her sister said she was using this for about 2 months and was already on her 2nd jar. My co-worker, of course, ran (almost tripped-- lol) to her nearest Target and purchased a jar. Did I mention that I did the same? Of course, I did! I think a few of my other co-workers ran, too!

I agree with the previous reviewer re: jar. It really would be better in a pump purely for sanitary purposes!

I like the scent. It's fresh and clean. I sometimes miss scents in my products because so many nowadays are unscented. It's ok for me, but may be a bit strong for others.

The active ingredient is mushroom extract. We will probably be seeing aot of skincare items with this active ingredient!

So far, I have been using this for about 2 weeks and can confirm that my skin does feel and look firmer. It absorbs immediately into the skin with a nice soft matte finish. I've actually gotten people asking if I had done something new. Now, mind you that I'm only 40 (look quite young for my age) I still have those days when my skin can look and feel tired. I think this is a keeper. My other co-worker (also 40ish) looks fresher, too. She, too, has gotten some unexpected compliments! We did not tell anyone we were using anything new, so these compliments seem to be genuine. The co-worker who is in her 50's isn't showing much progress yet, but I hope her skin perks up in a couple of months. I will update more later...

on 4/19/2008 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh, I got issues!

1. If you have sensitive skin or just don't like heavily-scented products on your face -- STAY AWAY FROM THIS MOISTURIZER!! It's like dunking your face in a vat of fragrance.

2. Who makes a moisturizer with a twist off lid?? And how are you supposed to get the lid back on with your fingers saturated in slippery creme?? Oh wait, let me waste some tissues or run some excess water first....

3. The creme itself has not shown any results. I have a one jar rule (which is probably generous considering items #1 & #2 above): if I don't see any results by the time I get to the bottom, it fails the test. I'm close to the bottom and this one is going in the trash!

I'm off to explore the La Roche Posay aisle. My fingers are crossed that I'll find my magic potion -- hee hee!