bareMinerals Liner Shadows

No Image

3.9

on 11/4/2015 3:18:00 PM

My absolute favorite liner. It was tough to get the hang of using it at first. Over time, I began to love it. You can make it darker or lighter based on how much you dilute it, and it stays on all day. The thin brush that comes with the starter kit makes a nice, precise line. A tub of this lasts forever. I can't go back to pencil liners! The one downside is that it's a bit messy to work with as you have to dump a little into the lid to mix it with water.

I'm reviewing the liner palettes in general. Love the liner brush - very precise and thin, ideal for doing a line. However, I'm not impressed with the actual liner, which smudges very easily. Will not re-purchase but will use the brush with my Clinique gel liner.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eye liner I have found that actually last all day. I don't know why anyone would have a problem using it. It took the same amount of time to put on as any other liner. If you like the smokey eye look then try this stuff, it is Awesome.

on 11/5/2009 10:04:00 AM

I have this in Carnival from a kit I bought. I liked most of the kit, but not this liner. It is quite a mess. I tried it dry, wet, and mixed with primer. I'm sure there is a learning curve to it, but I've put as much time and effort into it as I'm going to. I just don't care for any product that takes so much effort. I had to chuckle when I read the review that said it only takes about 5 minutes to put this on. Not trying to be mean, but 5 minutes for eyeliner? If you have the time and patience to spend 5 minutes on just your eyeliner, more power to you, but not me. I like to get all my makeup on in 5 minutes or so. More if I'm dressing way up to go out, but not everyday.

I don't like the packaging, either.

Would not repurchase.

on 8/14/2009 4:53:00 PM

I really wanted to like these liners because in the jar some of the colors are just gorgeous. However, once I mix them with water and apply they all end up looking very similar. Grey-black-ish-with a hint of the original color. I may try them again with Prime Time for lids as another poster suggested, or I more likely will just stick with my Bobbi Brown gel liners which I adore.

on 5/1/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the second brand of mineral liner I've tried and they both have something in common...they suck! I've tried them wet, I've tried them dry, I've tried them dry over wet, with primer, without primer and the results are always the same. If you know how to use them, they look absolutely fabulous. It's so easy to apply and you get a gorgeous, smoky look every time...and then it flakes all over your face. It is horrifying and embarrassing. Imagine leaving your house looking fresh and perfect and , two hours later, stepping into the nearest bathroom, peeking into the mirror and looking as though someone has sprinkled pepper all over your face. It's just disgusting and not worth the constant worry.

on 1/24/2009 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

you really have to master the art of putting this stuff on or set aside a lot of time before hand to do so. also, when you first start, you may want to start with a color that is not so dramatic.
that being said, i used the darkest color - black.
this stuff makes a mess whether you get it somewhere else on your face or even on your counter. i'm talking, even a tinsy-tiny speck of a drop. i got a speck under my eye and wiped it with a tissue only to then have a black line smearing across my face. it made a heck of a mess on my counter to. again, one dust speck of this falls onto your counter and you try to wipe it and it just ends up making a bigger mess than what it was.
when you get it right though this liner looks excellent, especially when you put it on wet. it gives you a really bold and dramatic line. again, you have to get it just right though - sometimes if your brush isn't wet enough of you haven't worked the powder into your wet brush enough it will look bad. i have no idea how anyone puts this stuff on dry though. and i have yet to master wearing this liner on my bottom lids. running it along the bottom lash line seems more challenging because it hits your actual lashes and gets messy and you end up looking like a raccoon.
good for nice bold line once you get the hang of it, but i would suggest starting with a color that isn't so harsh looking if you mess up.

on 1/4/2009 1:53:00 PM

Although I have come to hate the whole BE system, These really are great liners. It takes a little practice with them to not make a mess all over your face, but once you get the hang of it, they are great. They have great versatility, you can pretty much morph them into any kind of liner look or style you want. They come in some of the most gorgeous colors i've seen offered in liners, and they keep they're dark rich pigment all day until you take them off. They definitely don't fade or dissapear.

This is my favorite eyeliner. It lasts way longer on my eyes - which can get oily and can water frequently - than any other liner I used. I have been using the Fashionista liner that was in the starter kit for more than a year now, and there is still a ton in the pot. You can use a number of different brushes to give you a variety of lines, which is really nice. Though I am slowly moving away from Bare Minerals foundation, I will continue to use this eyeliner.

on 12/27/2008 9:11:00 AM

Wow I got one of these magical eyeliners in the Sweet Decadence set and I didn't know how I would like it. I decided I would try it the way it was made to be worn and I won't turn back now! It is a dark brown with sparkles and I made it into a paste more or less and it just glided on with ease and the pigment was perfect and I have never seen a more perfect line. What's more is that it was still on at the end of the day, granted I did use Urban Decay's shadow primer, but I was expecting it to fade within a few hours. I then purchased the Soft Black color which is your everyday black and then I received Caviar in my Pure Pleasures collection which I also adore. I cannot say enough good things about this eyeliner and the price is so reasonable that I will continue to purchase all the colors. I have a feeling that these liners will last me a very long time! You only need the smallest amount to cover all lashlines. I highly recommend this product. Just give it a try I know you won't regret it! And if it happens to fall from your lashes onto cheeks or undereye areas, just swipe a brush underneath and they will disappear!!! Don't use fingers or it will smudge. Tried that already.