La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

bought the shade translucent 0
I really like this loose powder, flawless finish (did not give a white cast), doesn't feels heavy on my skin (non cakey), and never caused breakouts
it also has very subtle sparkle
flawless finish, worth the price, and you got the travel size 10 gram of loose powder as well to carry on when you're travelling (with very beautiful and elegant packaging)
I already tried cle de peau loose powder, la mer loose powder, and chanel universelle libre loose powder, but la prairie cellular treatment loose powder beats them all!
This is the best loose powder I ever tried, will buy this powder over and over again

on 9/1/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: 4 days of use.

I am embarrassed that I posted such a negative review so quickly, although in my own defense, I seldom change my initial opinion of a product, but this time I was so, so, so wrong and I apologize to LaPrairie and to anyone I may have misdirected from trying this powder.

So here goes my new impression. I must have been having a bad skin day when I first tried this because this powder is some magic stuff. Firstly, yes, it does go on heavier than the LM powder and has much more opacity which can seem weird at first. But . . . .I used this Saturday morning and then tucked my hair under a ball cap and put on huge sunglasses and went out on a windy day on a boat on the ocean. Didn't even think about what I might look like after until I came in and took off hat and glasses (could not believe my eyes) five hours on the water in blazing sun and wind and my makeup had not budged, discolored, faded, smeared, rubbed off, it looked like I just put it on.

Same thing next day visiting small town and walking miles shopping, drinking coffee, site seeing, hot, humid day. Makeup? Flawless after 8 hours.

So, I was wrong, at least for me. I will say, if you have super dry skin, this may not be for you. I have combo and sometimes dry skin and so far so good.

It is a different animal from the Laura Mercier which immediately blurs imperfections and imparts luminosity, but I require frequent touch ups with LM. The LaPraire looks a bit harsh initially and then after about an hour seems to blend with everything and locks the look for hours. I think it will be my go to powder with the Laura Mercier running a very close second. Hope this helps and I'm sorry if I misdirected anyone. :)

First review listed below and erroneously:

I am beyond disappointed by this product. Saw (youtube) and read so many positive things about it that I thought I couldn't go wrong by ordering it blind. Wrong! This is such an average powder. Very "powdery", sits on top of your skin and looks chalky, aging, masky, horrid stuff. I'm furious I got sucked in. I could have had 3 Laura Mercier translucent powders for what I paid for this stuff! Laura Mercier's powder melds with your makeup and gives a glowy airbrushed finish. Honestly, I smile every time I put it on and marvel and how it does what it does. Why can't I ever be content when I actually find a Holy Grail product. I'm sorry Laura . . . . . forgive me. . . . .:( And to make it even more galling, this sucker is HUGE. I'm gonna be staring at my mistake for a long time if I don't just throw it out. Yup it's that bad, I'm going to be hard pressed to keep that giant sucker on my vanity when I know it's gonna make me look old, chalky and horrid.

on 1/20/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I would buy this again, but it is doubtful I will have to. For the price, you receive an excellent supply of powder. I am not a loose powder fan, but this stuff really looks great on my skin. It does not make it look dry and cakey. So far, so good, no breakouts. I have only been using it since New Year's Day. My sister and I hit the Neimans in Denver and each bought one.

on 11/29/2009 10:57:00 AM

Best loose powder I've used (and I've tried a lot!!!)
Oil control: I have acne prone and very oily skin. I used this powder last summer in Asia (very hot and humid), it's not the control oil type, but when skin gets oily, I don't look dirty.

(+)
Finely milled, goes on smoothly
Does give a decent amount of coverage (it's a powder not foundation anyway), I would say same coverage as Guerlain but looks better), and much more coverage and Givenchy.
Works out cheap as well. You get 56g/10g for the big and small jars.

(-)
limited shades (I use #1 for my fair Asian skin)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just buy this and I must say that I am IMPRESSED. I dont normally using loose powders BUT this one absolutely leaving your face looking fantastic!!! After applying my foundation I apply this powder and my face completely changes, my skin looks much smoother EXTREMLY softer, mate and radiant. I buy it in N 2 (very light neutral beige) because N1 was too pink.
Also I find much easy to apply with big brush than with the sponge which come with it.
I pay for it 40 euros but if you think this jar will last you forever is soooo much inside and you need tiny amount each time

on 4/27/2005 11:41:00 AM

PERFECT loose powder. I dunno what else to say :)

It's got little sparkles but you can see them only when exposed to sun and if you look really close. Comes in a huge jar. I've got it in Translucent #1 and am going to get it in #2 for the summer. This is FANTASTIC powder, aboslutely the best I've had so far. I'm not looking for a different one. EDIT: I tried using it during summer - not a good idea. It's great for harsh winter but doesn't control oil in the summertime.

on 3/15/2005 12:50:00 PM

Yup great stuff. I knew La Prairie wouldn't let me down. You get a huge amount for 30 quid which I think is more than reasonable. It keeps my skin looking matt, covered and it doesn't cake. An HG