La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 5/10/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder is super finely milled, the packaging is very luxe and the price tag albeit high isn't that unreasonable for the amount you get. Most importantly it doesn't cake and the finish is natural and beautiful, not flat at all.

Now there are some negative aspects as well; firstly it doesn't absorb oil. Shamefully. It's a gorgeous finishing powder but not even a decent oil control powder.
There is also a slight pink tint left on my face (I'm fair, warm toned using translucent 1) which isn't really flattering. Not a huge deal breaker but not ideal.
Lastly, while the packaging is fancy, how are you supposed to use a brush..? I mean the small compact has already a puff and mirror while the big jar has a spoon attached to the lid. I keep my Laura Mercier powder jar around to sprinkle some La Praire powder on the lid and dip the brush. Not convenient.

Still I love the finish, if it came in more colors and controlled oiliness somewhat it would be my HG

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.