La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.8

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

This is the best loose powder ever. Yes, the price would make everyone cringe a little. But the quality and goodness this powder have given to my skin is unbeatable. Upon application, my skin looked poreless, so smooth and it brightened up my complexion. It gave a soft, matte finish, and controlled oiliness very well.

I have used this as a setting powder for both tinted mineral sunscreen and foundation, both paired equally beautiful with this powder as it really prolonged the wear on both. As the name suggests, this does work as a treatment for the skin, that explains why my skin always has that healthy glow everytime I'm wearing this powder. I encourage you to save up and treat your beautiful self with this powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am very impressed with the packaging. The control over having loose powder go everywhere is really good. Under the jar cap is a cute little spoon you can use to help scoop up loose powder under the "door/gate" so that it creates less mess. I got the lightest shade and I wish it could be sold in a lighter shade then what is available. The powder blends in very well and majority of the time, I don't need foundation and this even out any blochiness I may have gotten. The coverage is sheer, and it does not cover your bel/cream blush that I use, but you can build it up and it will stay on. Touch-ups are needed, depending how oily you get. I absolutely love, love, love, love the cute extra jar that you can carry in your purse or keep at work. There is a mirror, just like a compact and very little mess when using it. I have this jar since last April and it is now fall season (6 months). I used it on daily basis, heavily during the summer and in the large jar, I have 65 to 70% full.

on 11/29/2009 10:57:00 AM

Best loose powder I've used (and I've tried a lot!!!)
Oil control: I have acne prone and very oily skin. I used this powder last summer in Asia (very hot and humid), it's not the control oil type, but when skin gets oily, I don't look dirty.

(+)
Finely milled, goes on smoothly
Does give a decent amount of coverage (it's a powder not foundation anyway), I would say same coverage as Guerlain but looks better), and much more coverage and Givenchy.
Works out cheap as well. You get 56g/10g for the big and small jars.

(-)
limited shades (I use #1 for my fair Asian skin)

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

I have been using this powder for 4 years and as you know this powder has lots of amount 56g I guess? I bought it at a Korean duty free store and it was still expensive for me as a student but compared to other high end powders, it is resonable. The best thing is that the powder has no talc. But due to the talc free base, it doesn't control the oil on my face. Plus the puff (applicator?) is ridiculous. It's too thin and small.
But it is not a big deal since I use a high quality Japanese puff.
It last over three years I guess even though I have oily skin so I put more powder than others. And I wear makeup almost everyday.
Great Product!