La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

bought the shade translucent 0
I really like this loose powder, flawless finish (did not give a white cast), doesn't feels heavy on my skin (non cakey), and never caused breakouts
it also has very subtle sparkle
flawless finish, worth the price, and you got the travel size 10 gram of loose powder as well to carry on when you're travelling (with very beautiful and elegant packaging)
I already tried cle de peau loose powder, la mer loose powder, and chanel universelle libre loose powder, but la prairie cellular treatment loose powder beats them all!
This is the best loose powder I ever tried, will buy this powder over and over again

on 11/2/2015 10:17:00 AM

Beautiful setting powder! I love it because it smooths over my fine lines and makes my face look soft and young. Other loose powders tend to look dry and powdery and highlight every tiny fine line on my face, thereby adding years to me. yuck. No one wants that! But this Cellular Loose Powder is absolutely wonderful at setting my foundation while also keeping the smooth, hydrated look of my skin.
My t-zone gets oily during the day, so after dusting this loose powder all over my face to set my foundation, I pat some oil control pressed powder on my nose, chin and forehead. As a result my face looks smooth, soft and shine free all day! Love it! Expensive but worth it! I have fair, warm skin (NC15) and the Translucent #1 works beautifully!

on 5/19/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I might be dead by the time I need to replace this. About 18 months ago I was on a perfect skin campaign, and knew I needed powder. Torn between Chanel, LaMer, and LaPraire, I bought all three.. lol.

I give them equal rotation time though -- that's why I think I might not be around to finish them all off. I am shade 01, in all three.. or their name equivalents. I use them after I apply my foundation and blot in with powder puff which they come in. I have achieved my goal for better looking skin -- the finish I get with my powders is fantastic. I do use creme/gel or liquid foundations and they all need a bit of mattifying. Buff with a great buffing brush -- Sephora, UD, or Sigma. I then spritz with either MAC Fix, or Avene spray and I get a great foundation finish.

top off with blush, some highliter (now using Hourglass or Edward Bess) and I look 20 years younger.

on 2/8/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder, it is so fine and smells very nice. It is expensive, but you get really lot of the product, so you can use this very long.
I am only not satisfied with the package - it is not that easy to handle as my previous Dior loose powder was. But the included little jar makes my disappointment smaller :)
I would buy this powder again and again.

on 3/5/2009 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is one of my fav loose powders alongside la mer's!! Its beautiful and very finely milled. Also, it has abit of shimmer in it although not as shimmery as la mer's. It has enough shimmer to give you a semi matte look. I have it in Translucent 1 and for the price you pay you get alot of product. It also has skincare properties to nourish the skin. Love it!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When SA lady ofered me to check La prairie loose powder, my reaction was - nooooo, tehy're too expensive for my pocket. But then she told me that it's 56 grams and just a bit pricey than 20-25gr Dior/Shiseido/Lancome loose powders. So the price was ok.
I have this in Transluscent 1. It's soft on the face, the texture is smooth, looks natural. The coverage is average (if at all, but I don't need it and I prefer my face to look natural and matte) Not good in controling oil. So I won't buy it again.

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.

on 7/13/2005 3:51:00 PM

I'm not very fond of this powder. As the previous reviewer has said, it is not very translucent and it has slightly heavy and masky feel. I have it in No.2 which I bought last summer when I was tanned (so I wanted something a bit darker than my winter skin) but I haven't worn it much. No. 2 is a medium-pink, but I'm afraid it is a bit muddy (almost brownish) pink, not very fresh if you know what I mean (or is it a "sand pink"?): really for those with darker, cool-toned skin. My impression is that this loose powder is a bit "oldfashioned" in texture - there are much better, lighter, more natural loose powders on the market (Sisley, Versace, Dior - they are all much better than this one for my tastes). This is not a bad powder if you want a heavier coverage and a matte (not translucent) look. Plus, as everyone have already mentioned, you get a huge amount here (a huge container - I don't like it as well, it is not very practical).
Btw. No.1 is pink, too, but very light, almost whitish, so the both colors are for ladies with pink/cool undertones. My skin has a neutral/cool undertones, too, but these two colors are both kind of unnatural, "oldfashioned" pinks, I'm afraid.
I would not repurchase.