La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very uniquely textured powder, it's almost creamy which I can imagine would be great for mature skin. I would not recommend this to anyone whose skin is on the oily side and prefers a matte finish that lasts all day; it mattifies my normal skin type enough for my liking, even over sunscreen.
I would say that color number 1 is not completely transparent, so it might not be ideal on snow-white skin in the winter months; I find that it makes my NC15 skin look a little more tan than I am, but not so much so that it doesn't match.
The smell is pretty strong for a powder, I happen to enjoy the signature La Prairie scent but you might not.

on 5/10/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder is super finely milled, the packaging is very luxe and the price tag albeit high isn't that unreasonable for the amount you get. Most importantly it doesn't cake and the finish is natural and beautiful, not flat at all.

Now there are some negative aspects as well; firstly it doesn't absorb oil. Shamefully. It's a gorgeous finishing powder but not even a decent oil control powder.
There is also a slight pink tint left on my face (I'm fair, warm toned using translucent 1) which isn't really flattering. Not a huge deal breaker but not ideal.
Lastly, while the packaging is fancy, how are you supposed to use a brush..? I mean the small compact has already a puff and mirror while the big jar has a spoon attached to the lid. I keep my Laura Mercier powder jar around to sprinkle some La Praire powder on the lid and dip the brush. Not convenient.

Still I love the finish, if it came in more colors and controlled oiliness somewhat it would be my HG

on 4/25/2018 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've never loved a powder as much as the LP Cellular Treatment Loose Powder! Amazing for the price, as you get a large container, along with a small travel size. I use this with the LP Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation and the results are absolutely stunning - both mattifying and radiant at the same time. Makes the skin look almost ethereal. The powder is very finely milled and is very silky. It also won't settle into fine lines or get cakey if you inadvertently apply too much. It's very airy and makes my foundation last 12+ hours. I use the shade Transparent 0, since my foundation is slightly darker for my skin tone. Never makes me break out and is wonderful for my sensitive skin. I also never have to reapply this powder; just apply once in the morning and you're good to go!

on 4/5/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, so I finally got my La Prairie powder in Translucent 1 after someone on Reddit made an incredible review on it and I was intrigued since I used to think most powders are the same. First, I was shocked at how HUGE the large jar is. You get 56 grams in the big jar and 10 more grams in the small one. I don't like the small jar because it opens up like a compact and I don't know how you are supposed to get powder out to use it with that packaging. The large jar has a scoop for you to transfer powder out of it if you need to. Surprisingly, I really think this powder is very nice, and it's not because it's expensive. It's very fine and glides beautifully to your face and unlike most powders does not mattify TOO much, it just makes you look like you naturally have the kind of peachy, soft, non oily complexion. It also has a nice soft focus/blurring effect. It smells nice, like you expect powder to smell, which is something I enjoy. It holds on my face about 6 hours until it starts to shine again. Overall I recommend it, also taking in consideration that most luxury powders come in 15-20 grams at approx $50 - $65, this works out to be a much better deal price wise.

This is the best loose powder ever. Yes, the price would make everyone cringe a little. But the quality and goodness this powder have given to my skin is unbeatable. Upon application, my skin looked poreless, so smooth and it brightened up my complexion. It gave a soft, matte finish, and controlled oiliness very well.

I have used this as a setting powder for both tinted mineral sunscreen and foundation, both paired equally beautiful with this powder as it really prolonged the wear on both. As the name suggests, this does work as a treatment for the skin, that explains why my skin always has that healthy glow everytime I'm wearing this powder. I encourage you to save up and treat your beautiful self with this powder.

I have tried this in the past without really giving it much of a chance and over foundation that I really shouldn't have been using, such as tarte gel cream, and I think I never experimented enough with it. But I was in nordies a while ago and after starting laser treatments and microdermabrasion treatments to fade an age spot, my derm dr said I needed to get a more mature line of makeup and skincare. He ran the La Prairie whitening serum past me as a serum to help fade the age spot I am getting the treatments for. He did say it wasn't going to be a cheap serum and said well you get what you pay for. And seeing that I am spending lots of money for treatments I wasn't about to not take his advice. So again in nordies I actually hooked up with a very nice consultant form la Prairie, and because nordies offers the best Cosmetics return in the industry, I forked out almost 2k$ for basics. Yeas basics. But if you know anything bout this line you know what I mean. Well it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm being loyal only to LP, and I can't believe the difference in my skin. I am using translsucet number one, and it melds into my skin, and all day long I have no shine, my pores look small, it doesn't cling to the lines. I can't explain it, but as the day goes on my face looks better as time goes by. I'm glad now I have a nordies card, I hate the high price of the line, but I will be 55 soon and I am not one to hide my age, the only reason I even went to my seem dr in the first place I was worried the spot I'm working on fading was cancer. And after testing, it is not. No more uv light exposure for me. I use to be a tanner, not anymore. A lesson learned too late. My moms words are playing over and over in my head; please stop burning your skin, you are will pay for this one day. And bless my moms words, I am paying for it now thanks mom, I wish She was still alive for me to tell her she was right.

bought the shade translucent 0
I really like this loose powder, flawless finish (did not give a white cast), doesn't feels heavy on my skin (non cakey), and never caused breakouts
it also has very subtle sparkle
flawless finish, worth the price, and you got the travel size 10 gram of loose powder as well to carry on when you're travelling (with very beautiful and elegant packaging)
I already tried cle de peau loose powder, la mer loose powder, and chanel universelle libre loose powder, but la prairie cellular treatment loose powder beats them all!
This is the best loose powder I ever tried, will buy this powder over and over again

on 9/1/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: 4 days of use.

I am embarrassed that I posted such a negative review so quickly, although in my own defense, I seldom change my initial opinion of a product, but this time I was so, so, so wrong and I apologize to LaPrairie and to anyone I may have misdirected from trying this powder.

So here goes my new impression. I must have been having a bad skin day when I first tried this because this powder is some magic stuff. Firstly, yes, it does go on heavier than the LM powder and has much more opacity which can seem weird at first. But . . . .I used this Saturday morning and then tucked my hair under a ball cap and put on huge sunglasses and went out on a windy day on a boat on the ocean. Didn't even think about what I might look like after until I came in and took off hat and glasses (could not believe my eyes) five hours on the water in blazing sun and wind and my makeup had not budged, discolored, faded, smeared, rubbed off, it looked like I just put it on.

Same thing next day visiting small town and walking miles shopping, drinking coffee, site seeing, hot, humid day. Makeup? Flawless after 8 hours.

So, I was wrong, at least for me. I will say, if you have super dry skin, this may not be for you. I have combo and sometimes dry skin and so far so good.

It is a different animal from the Laura Mercier which immediately blurs imperfections and imparts luminosity, but I require frequent touch ups with LM. The LaPraire looks a bit harsh initially and then after about an hour seems to blend with everything and locks the look for hours. I think it will be my go to powder with the Laura Mercier running a very close second. Hope this helps and I'm sorry if I misdirected anyone. :)

First review listed below and erroneously:

I am beyond disappointed by this product. Saw (youtube) and read so many positive things about it that I thought I couldn't go wrong by ordering it blind. Wrong! This is such an average powder. Very "powdery", sits on top of your skin and looks chalky, aging, masky, horrid stuff. I'm furious I got sucked in. I could have had 3 Laura Mercier translucent powders for what I paid for this stuff! Laura Mercier's powder melds with your makeup and gives a glowy airbrushed finish. Honestly, I smile every time I put it on and marvel and how it does what it does. Why can't I ever be content when I actually find a Holy Grail product. I'm sorry Laura . . . . . forgive me. . . . .:( And to make it even more galling, this sucker is HUGE. I'm gonna be staring at my mistake for a long time if I don't just throw it out. Yup it's that bad, I'm going to be hard pressed to keep that giant sucker on my vanity when I know it's gonna make me look old, chalky and horrid.

Comparing this the La Mer The Powder, this powder holds up my liquid foundation much longer and controls oil much better. The finish is silky and my face looks poreless, my undereyes looks smooth and it doesn't crease the whole day. I much prefer this over Chanel loose powder as well as its more lightweight and it smoothens out the complexion much better without looking cakey.

on 11/2/2015 10:17:00 AM

Beautiful setting powder! I love it because it smooths over my fine lines and makes my face look soft and young. Other loose powders tend to look dry and powdery and highlight every tiny fine line on my face, thereby adding years to me. yuck. No one wants that! But this Cellular Loose Powder is absolutely wonderful at setting my foundation while also keeping the smooth, hydrated look of my skin.
My t-zone gets oily during the day, so after dusting this loose powder all over my face to set my foundation, I pat some oil control pressed powder on my nose, chin and forehead. As a result my face looks smooth, soft and shine free all day! Love it! Expensive but worth it! I have fair, warm skin (NC15) and the Translucent #1 works beautifully!