La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 11/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

The small everyday travel compact is terrible. It doesn't allow powder to fall into top compartments for application. It malfunctions badly. Such a high quality product should nothaveineffectivecheap packaging. Makes it difficult to use.

on 9/26/2008 5:17:00 AM

I have this in Transluscent 1. Soft on the face and the texture is smooth. Quite cheap too- the container is full packed with 56grams (so unlike the deceiving container of La Mer which is btw > double the price of LP but it's okay). I have to apply this lighthandedly as it looks a little fairer for my complexion. #2 is quite dark for me 'though. The SA was wearing #1 and I could see a few shimmer at close proximity, not over the top 'though just eye-dazzlers. Overall, very nice powder that gives me luminous complexion without a hole in my pocket. I am a happy camper. I wear this at home everyday. I'm reserving the last lippy for the shade. I might try to mix this with #2.

Edit: This is clogging my pores. When I run out, my acne went away. The moment I replenish they are back again. One lippy for this.

on 7/13/2005 3:51:00 PM

I'm not very fond of this powder. As the previous reviewer has said, it is not very translucent and it has slightly heavy and masky feel. I have it in No.2 which I bought last summer when I was tanned (so I wanted something a bit darker than my winter skin) but I haven't worn it much. No. 2 is a medium-pink, but I'm afraid it is a bit muddy (almost brownish) pink, not very fresh if you know what I mean (or is it a "sand pink"?): really for those with darker, cool-toned skin. My impression is that this loose powder is a bit "oldfashioned" in texture - there are much better, lighter, more natural loose powders on the market (Sisley, Versace, Dior - they are all much better than this one for my tastes). This is not a bad powder if you want a heavier coverage and a matte (not translucent) look. Plus, as everyone have already mentioned, you get a huge amount here (a huge container - I don't like it as well, it is not very practical).
Btw. No.1 is pink, too, but very light, almost whitish, so the both colors are for ladies with pink/cool undertones. My skin has a neutral/cool undertones, too, but these two colors are both kind of unnatural, "oldfashioned" pinks, I'm afraid.
I would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very uniquely textured powder, it's almost creamy which I can imagine would be great for mature skin. I would not recommend this to anyone whose skin is on the oily side and prefers a matte finish that lasts all day; it mattifies my normal skin type enough for my liking, even over sunscreen.
I would say that color number 1 is not completely transparent, so it might not be ideal on snow-white skin in the winter months; I find that it makes my NC15 skin look a little more tan than I am, but not so much so that it doesn't match.
The smell is pretty strong for a powder, I happen to enjoy the signature La Prairie scent but you might not.

on 5/10/2018 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder is super finely milled, the packaging is very luxe and the price tag albeit high isn't that unreasonable for the amount you get. Most importantly it doesn't cake and the finish is natural and beautiful, not flat at all.

Now there are some negative aspects as well; firstly it doesn't absorb oil. Shamefully. It's a gorgeous finishing powder but not even a decent oil control powder.
There is also a slight pink tint left on my face (I'm fair, warm toned using translucent 1) which isn't really flattering. Not a huge deal breaker but not ideal.
Lastly, while the packaging is fancy, how are you supposed to use a brush..? I mean the small compact has already a puff and mirror while the big jar has a spoon attached to the lid. I keep my Laura Mercier powder jar around to sprinkle some La Praire powder on the lid and dip the brush. Not convenient.

Still I love the finish, if it came in more colors and controlled oiliness somewhat it would be my HG

on 1/2/2015 2:15:00 PM

I really enjoy using this product every day to set my foundation. I think this product is expensive but I think a great investment in the long run. It works well on my dry/combination skin. A component of the lid from the small package broke off in my makeup bag - but contents did not spill; so I would not travel with the smaller package. I feel like with using this and the estee lauder primer, my makeup does not need touch ups throughout the day...

on 2/1/2013 6:50:00 AM

I first bought this in shade no 2 and had to change it for no 1 as it was too dark. It works out quite cheap as you get 56g plus a travel size 10mg compact and a cute spoon to scoop it into the jar. Glides on nice but don´t normally use the supplied sponge as I find you get a better effect with a powder brush. I use it over la mer foundation or christian dior nude bb cream and it gives a nice flawless finish. It should last me about 18 months with daily use.

on 4/7/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not bad, but nothing special. If you use too much it looks cakey. On pictures it does look good, that's all. I was waiting for something more from La Prairie.
I have it in Translucent 2, not suitable for fair skin I think, it is more for medium skin. I think it has neutral-more yellow undertones.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When SA lady ofered me to check La prairie loose powder, my reaction was - nooooo, tehy're too expensive for my pocket. But then she told me that it's 56 grams and just a bit pricey than 20-25gr Dior/Shiseido/Lancome loose powders. So the price was ok.
I have this in Transluscent 1. It's soft on the face, the texture is smooth, looks natural. The coverage is average (if at all, but I don't need it and I prefer my face to look natural and matte) Not good in controling oil. So I won't buy it again.

I have been using this powder for 4 years and as you know this powder has lots of amount 56g I guess? I bought it at a Korean duty free store and it was still expensive for me as a student but compared to other high end powders, it is resonable. The best thing is that the powder has no talc. But due to the talc free base, it doesn't control the oil on my face. Plus the puff (applicator?) is ridiculous. It's too thin and small.
But it is not a big deal since I use a high quality Japanese puff.
It last over three years I guess even though I have oily skin so I put more powder than others. And I wear makeup almost everyday.
Great Product!