La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 11/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

The small everyday travel compact is terrible. It doesn't allow powder to fall into top compartments for application. It malfunctions badly. Such a high quality product should nothaveineffectivecheap packaging. Makes it difficult to use.

on 9/26/2008 5:17:00 AM

I have this in Transluscent 1. Soft on the face and the texture is smooth. Quite cheap too- the container is full packed with 56grams (so unlike the deceiving container of La Mer which is btw > double the price of LP but it's okay). I have to apply this lighthandedly as it looks a little fairer for my complexion. #2 is quite dark for me 'though. The SA was wearing #1 and I could see a few shimmer at close proximity, not over the top 'though just eye-dazzlers. Overall, very nice powder that gives me luminous complexion without a hole in my pocket. I am a happy camper. I wear this at home everyday. I'm reserving the last lippy for the shade. I might try to mix this with #2.

Edit: This is clogging my pores. When I run out, my acne went away. The moment I replenish they are back again. One lippy for this.

on 7/13/2005 3:51:00 PM

I'm not very fond of this powder. As the previous reviewer has said, it is not very translucent and it has slightly heavy and masky feel. I have it in No.2 which I bought last summer when I was tanned (so I wanted something a bit darker than my winter skin) but I haven't worn it much. No. 2 is a medium-pink, but I'm afraid it is a bit muddy (almost brownish) pink, not very fresh if you know what I mean (or is it a "sand pink"?): really for those with darker, cool-toned skin. My impression is that this loose powder is a bit "oldfashioned" in texture - there are much better, lighter, more natural loose powders on the market (Sisley, Versace, Dior - they are all much better than this one for my tastes). This is not a bad powder if you want a heavier coverage and a matte (not translucent) look. Plus, as everyone have already mentioned, you get a huge amount here (a huge container - I don't like it as well, it is not very practical).
Btw. No.1 is pink, too, but very light, almost whitish, so the both colors are for ladies with pink/cool undertones. My skin has a neutral/cool undertones, too, but these two colors are both kind of unnatural, "oldfashioned" pinks, I'm afraid.
I would not repurchase.

on 1/2/2015 2:15:00 PM

I really enjoy using this product every day to set my foundation. I think this product is expensive but I think a great investment in the long run. It works well on my dry/combination skin. A component of the lid from the small package broke off in my makeup bag - but contents did not spill; so I would not travel with the smaller package. I feel like with using this and the estee lauder primer, my makeup does not need touch ups throughout the day...

on 2/1/2013 6:50:00 AM

I first bought this in shade no 2 and had to change it for no 1 as it was too dark. It works out quite cheap as you get 56g plus a travel size 10mg compact and a cute spoon to scoop it into the jar. Glides on nice but dont normally use the supplied sponge as I find you get a better effect with a powder brush. I use it over la mer foundation or christian dior nude bb cream and it gives a nice flawless finish. It should last me about 18 months with daily use.

on 4/7/2011 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not bad, but nothing special. If you use too much it looks cakey. On pictures it does look good, that's all. I was waiting for something more from La Prairie.
I have it in Translucent 2, not suitable for fair skin I think, it is more for medium skin. I think it has neutral-more yellow undertones.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When SA lady ofered me to check La prairie loose powder, my reaction was - nooooo, tehy're too expensive for my pocket. But then she told me that it's 56 grams and just a bit pricey than 20-25gr Dior/Shiseido/Lancome loose powders. So the price was ok.
I have this in Transluscent 1. It's soft on the face, the texture is smooth, looks natural. The coverage is average (if at all, but I don't need it and I prefer my face to look natural and matte) Not good in controling oil. So I won't buy it again.

I have been using this powder for 4 years and as you know this powder has lots of amount 56g I guess? I bought it at a Korean duty free store and it was still expensive for me as a student but compared to other high end powders, it is resonable. The best thing is that the powder has no talc. But due to the talc free base, it doesn't control the oil on my face. Plus the puff (applicator?) is ridiculous. It's too thin and small.
But it is not a big deal since I use a high quality Japanese puff.
It last over three years I guess even though I have oily skin so I put more powder than others. And I wear makeup almost everyday.
Great Product!

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.

I must agree that this is one of the best powders I've tried so far. However, La Prairie has a pretty limited color selection that tends to be on the pink side, which kinda scared me at 1st. However, dusted on the face (with a brush... i think the puff just deposits too much and you can't brush it all off properly), it actually just makes you glow. I don't know if it has any reflective particles or something, but I was really pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't a flat powdery matte pink. Just a soft glow that doesn't look powdery or mask-like at all. Which is really amazing considering the pretty good coverage and the matte finish it gives all day. I'd actually call it the powder equivalent of YSL's Touche Eclat! It's definitely worth the investment,considering you get so much powder for the price, but I really wish they'd make it just a tad less pink cos I sometimes have to pat a bit on my neck and chest in fears that they'd be a different colors. Better safe than sorry!