La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first La Prairie Item ever. The cellular treatment loose powder is a standard loose powder that claims to have anti-aging and skin perfecting properties as well....That is certainly true!
THE PRICE: This one is $75 dollars. But i would say it still dirt cheap..Why? because you will be getting a travel pot of 10g and a large pot of 56g. All in all you will get 66g of high quality loose powder! Chanel, Sisley, and La Mer offers powder for less than $75 dollars but contains only 30g of product or even less!
OPENING THE BOX: It comes with a very large, high quality box that is so elegant. The Box houses a small pot containing 10g of loose powder designed for travel purposes (this sold me out), a small leaflet about the product in different languages. And of course a LARGE, i mean GIGANTIC POT of product that contains 59g of powder.
THE POTS: The travel pot of 10g loose powder is brilliant. It fits perfectly on purses and has a small mirror inside it. The Big pot itself is a plain though elegant jar that is GIGANTIC in size.
THE APPLICATOR: The applicator is of less quality but still is usable enough to deliver good results. It is rather soft, velvety and applies the powder well. La prairie SA told me that is is washable, but i haven't tried to wash it.
THE SHADE: I am NC37 - 40 and i got the powder in translucent 1. Actually, if you are somewhere from NC5 to NC20 you should get 1, if you are somewhere between NC20 to NC45, you are lucky, because any of the two shades this product offers will fit you well! If you are or higher than NC 45 get the Translucent 2. I think Trans. 1 and Trans 2, don't differ much on the darkness or lightness of the powder, i think the main difference is on the undertone.
THE POWDER: If i will use a single word to describe the powder, i would use the word MAGNIFICENT! The powder if swatched in the back of your hands will reveal a slightly ashy powder with lots of glitters on it. BUT!, if it is applied on the face with the applicator and is blended with a brush, it will reveal an extreme skin like finish that is unprecedented! I have tried loose powders from Chanel, Cle de Peau, Sisley and La Mer, but this one is the best among them all! The texture is not powdery at all! It is very silky and skin like. I applied it over my foundation and the result is an extremely flawless appearance. I also tried is on its own after my skin routine and it is wonderful! It offers a sheer, elegant and skin perfected appearance. Regarding it's anti-properties, it's ingredient "glycoproteins" is listed on the top of the powder, meaning there is enough of it for it's results to be deliver, which is a big PLUS!

All in all, This product is one of the best, if not, the BEST loose powder on the market! So, if you are searching for an HG powder this one from la prairie is a must! :D

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 5/19/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I might be dead by the time I need to replace this. About 18 months ago I was on a perfect skin campaign, and knew I needed powder. Torn between Chanel, LaMer, and LaPraire, I bought all three.. lol.

I give them equal rotation time though -- that's why I think I might not be around to finish them all off. I am shade 01, in all three.. or their name equivalents. I use them after I apply my foundation and blot in with powder puff which they come in. I have achieved my goal for better looking skin -- the finish I get with my powders is fantastic. I do use creme/gel or liquid foundations and they all need a bit of mattifying. Buff with a great buffing brush -- Sephora, UD, or Sigma. I then spritz with either MAC Fix, or Avene spray and I get a great foundation finish.

top off with blush, some highliter (now using Hourglass or Edward Bess) and I look 20 years younger.

on 9/1/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: 4 days of use.

I am embarrassed that I posted such a negative review so quickly, although in my own defense, I seldom change my initial opinion of a product, but this time I was so, so, so wrong and I apologize to LaPrairie and to anyone I may have misdirected from trying this powder.

So here goes my new impression. I must have been having a bad skin day when I first tried this because this powder is some magic stuff. Firstly, yes, it does go on heavier than the LM powder and has much more opacity which can seem weird at first. But . . . .I used this Saturday morning and then tucked my hair under a ball cap and put on huge sunglasses and went out on a windy day on a boat on the ocean. Didn't even think about what I might look like after until I came in and took off hat and glasses (could not believe my eyes) five hours on the water in blazing sun and wind and my makeup had not budged, discolored, faded, smeared, rubbed off, it looked like I just put it on.

Same thing next day visiting small town and walking miles shopping, drinking coffee, site seeing, hot, humid day. Makeup? Flawless after 8 hours.

So, I was wrong, at least for me. I will say, if you have super dry skin, this may not be for you. I have combo and sometimes dry skin and so far so good.

It is a different animal from the Laura Mercier which immediately blurs imperfections and imparts luminosity, but I require frequent touch ups with LM. The LaPraire looks a bit harsh initially and then after about an hour seems to blend with everything and locks the look for hours. I think it will be my go to powder with the Laura Mercier running a very close second. Hope this helps and I'm sorry if I misdirected anyone. :)

First review listed below and erroneously:

I am beyond disappointed by this product. Saw (youtube) and read so many positive things about it that I thought I couldn't go wrong by ordering it blind. Wrong! This is such an average powder. Very "powdery", sits on top of your skin and looks chalky, aging, masky, horrid stuff. I'm furious I got sucked in. I could have had 3 Laura Mercier translucent powders for what I paid for this stuff! Laura Mercier's powder melds with your makeup and gives a glowy airbrushed finish. Honestly, I smile every time I put it on and marvel and how it does what it does. Why can't I ever be content when I actually find a Holy Grail product. I'm sorry Laura . . . . . forgive me. . . . .:( And to make it even more galling, this sucker is HUGE. I'm gonna be staring at my mistake for a long time if I don't just throw it out. Yup it's that bad, I'm going to be hard pressed to keep that giant sucker on my vanity when I know it's gonna make me look old, chalky and horrid.

I have tried this in the past without really giving it much of a chance and over foundation that I really shouldn't have been using, such as tarte gel cream, and I think I never experimented enough with it. But I was in nordies a while ago and after starting laser treatments and microdermabrasion treatments to fade an age spot, my derm dr said I needed to get a more mature line of makeup and skincare. He ran the La Prairie whitening serum past me as a serum to help fade the age spot I am getting the treatments for. He did say it wasn't going to be a cheap serum and said well you get what you pay for. And seeing that I am spending lots of money for treatments I wasn't about to not take his advice. So again in nordies I actually hooked up with a very nice consultant form la Prairie, and because nordies offers the best Cosmetics return in the industry, I forked out almost 2k$ for basics. Yeas basics. But if you know anything bout this line you know what I mean. Well it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm being loyal only to LP, and I can't believe the difference in my skin. I am using translsucet number one, and it melds into my skin, and all day long I have no shine, my pores look small, it doesn't cling to the lines. I can't explain it, but as the day goes on my face looks better as time goes by. I'm glad now I have a nordies card, I hate the high price of the line, but I will be 55 soon and I am not one to hide my age, the only reason I even went to my seem dr in the first place I was worried the spot I'm working on fading was cancer. And after testing, it is not. No more uv light exposure for me. I use to be a tanner, not anymore. A lesson learned too late. My moms words are playing over and over in my head; please stop burning your skin, you are will pay for this one day. And bless my moms words, I am paying for it now thanks mom, I wish She was still alive for me to tell her she was right.

Comparing this the La Mer The Powder, this powder holds up my liquid foundation much longer and controls oil much better. The finish is silky and my face looks poreless, my undereyes looks smooth and it doesn't crease the whole day. I much prefer this over Chanel loose powder as well as its more lightweight and it smoothens out the complexion much better without looking cakey.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just buy this and I must say that I am IMPRESSED. I dont normally using loose powders BUT this one absolutely leaving your face looking fantastic!!! After applying my foundation I apply this powder and my face completely changes, my skin looks much smoother EXTREMLY softer, mate and radiant. I buy it in N 2 (very light neutral beige) because N1 was too pink.
Also I find much easy to apply with big brush than with the sponge which come with it.
I pay for it 40 euros but if you think this jar will last you forever is soooo much inside and you need tiny amount each time

on 11/29/2009 10:57:00 AM

Best loose powder I've used (and I've tried a lot!!!)
Oil control: I have acne prone and very oily skin. I used this powder last summer in Asia (very hot and humid), it's not the control oil type, but when skin gets oily, I don't look dirty.

(+)
Finely milled, goes on smoothly
Does give a decent amount of coverage (it's a powder not foundation anyway), I would say same coverage as Guerlain but looks better), and much more coverage and Givenchy.
Works out cheap as well. You get 56g/10g for the big and small jars.

(-)
limited shades (I use #1 for my fair Asian skin)

on 7/13/2005 3:51:00 PM

I'm not very fond of this powder. As the previous reviewer has said, it is not very translucent and it has slightly heavy and masky feel. I have it in No.2 which I bought last summer when I was tanned (so I wanted something a bit darker than my winter skin) but I haven't worn it much. No. 2 is a medium-pink, but I'm afraid it is a bit muddy (almost brownish) pink, not very fresh if you know what I mean (or is it a "sand pink"?): really for those with darker, cool-toned skin. My impression is that this loose powder is a bit "oldfashioned" in texture - there are much better, lighter, more natural loose powders on the market (Sisley, Versace, Dior - they are all much better than this one for my tastes). This is not a bad powder if you want a heavier coverage and a matte (not translucent) look. Plus, as everyone have already mentioned, you get a huge amount here (a huge container - I don't like it as well, it is not very practical).
Btw. No.1 is pink, too, but very light, almost whitish, so the both colors are for ladies with pink/cool undertones. My skin has a neutral/cool undertones, too, but these two colors are both kind of unnatural, "oldfashioned" pinks, I'm afraid.
I would not repurchase.

on 11/6/2014 7:59:00 PM

The small everyday travel compact is terrible. It doesn't allow powder to fall into top compartments for application. It malfunctions badly. Such a high quality product should nothaveineffectivecheap packaging. Makes it difficult to use.