La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.8

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 9/1/2016 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: 4 days of use.

I am embarrassed that I posted such a negative review so quickly, although in my own defense, I seldom change my initial opinion of a product, but this time I was so, so, so wrong and I apologize to LaPrairie and to anyone I may have misdirected from trying this powder.

So here goes my new impression. I must have been having a bad skin day when I first tried this because this powder is some magic stuff. Firstly, yes, it does go on heavier than the LM powder and has much more opacity which can seem weird at first. But . . . .I used this Saturday morning and then tucked my hair under a ball cap and put on huge sunglasses and went out on a windy day on a boat on the ocean. Didn't even think about what I might look like after until I came in and took off hat and glasses (could not believe my eyes) five hours on the water in blazing sun and wind and my makeup had not budged, discolored, faded, smeared, rubbed off, it looked like I just put it on.

Same thing next day visiting small town and walking miles shopping, drinking coffee, site seeing, hot, humid day. Makeup? Flawless after 8 hours.

So, I was wrong, at least for me. I will say, if you have super dry skin, this may not be for you. I have combo and sometimes dry skin and so far so good.

It is a different animal from the Laura Mercier which immediately blurs imperfections and imparts luminosity, but I require frequent touch ups with LM. The LaPraire looks a bit harsh initially and then after about an hour seems to blend with everything and locks the look for hours. I think it will be my go to powder with the Laura Mercier running a very close second. Hope this helps and I'm sorry if I misdirected anyone. :)

First review listed below and erroneously:

I am beyond disappointed by this product. Saw (youtube) and read so many positive things about it that I thought I couldn't go wrong by ordering it blind. Wrong! This is such an average powder. Very "powdery", sits on top of your skin and looks chalky, aging, masky, horrid stuff. I'm furious I got sucked in. I could have had 3 Laura Mercier translucent powders for what I paid for this stuff! Laura Mercier's powder melds with your makeup and gives a glowy airbrushed finish. Honestly, I smile every time I put it on and marvel and how it does what it does. Why can't I ever be content when I actually find a Holy Grail product. I'm sorry Laura . . . . . forgive me. . . . .:( And to make it even more galling, this sucker is HUGE. I'm gonna be staring at my mistake for a long time if I don't just throw it out. Yup it's that bad, I'm going to be hard pressed to keep that giant sucker on my vanity when I know it's gonna make me look old, chalky and horrid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am very impressed with the packaging. The control over having loose powder go everywhere is really good. Under the jar cap is a cute little spoon you can use to help scoop up loose powder under the "door/gate" so that it creates less mess. I got the lightest shade and I wish it could be sold in a lighter shade then what is available. The powder blends in very well and majority of the time, I don't need foundation and this even out any blochiness I may have gotten. The coverage is sheer, and it does not cover your bel/cream blush that I use, but you can build it up and it will stay on. Touch-ups are needed, depending how oily you get. I absolutely love, love, love, love the cute extra jar that you can carry in your purse or keep at work. There is a mirror, just like a compact and very little mess when using it. I have this jar since last April and it is now fall season (6 months). I used it on daily basis, heavily during the summer and in the large jar, I have 65 to 70% full.

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.

on 7/3/2005 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in Translucent 2 which has a pink base to it. I have a med.olive skintone with yellow undertones. I find that this is not very translucent.If I apply too much, my face would be pink and my neck yellow. But I can get away with it applied lightly. The powder is finely milled & silky-smooth.The part I like the most is that I'm super oily but this did not cake on or dried my skin out. It held up for several hours without retouching just blotting my face.My skin looks fresh and comfortable with this powder. I have yet to try this on those hot & humid,triple digits. You get 2 oz. with this at $45.Compared to other high-end loose powders,this will come out a good buy for the amount. This will last me for many years. I will purchase the Translucent 1 when I'm pale during winter. Packaging is a screw lid top which I prefer. The only downside is that it only comes in 2 shades with pink undertones to it. However, quality, quantity, & performance are all superior IMO.

Love it! This is exactly what I expected from La Prairie. I wear this over my Skin Caviar Foundation and it gives me a beautiful finish, not matt but a georgeous glow. Would definitly repurchase if I ever use it all, it is HUGE!!