La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.9

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 11/29/2009 10:57:00 AM

Best loose powder I've used (and I've tried a lot!!!)
Oil control: I have acne prone and very oily skin. I used this powder last summer in Asia (very hot and humid), it's not the control oil type, but when skin gets oily, I don't look dirty.

(+)
Finely milled, goes on smoothly
Does give a decent amount of coverage (it's a powder not foundation anyway), I would say same coverage as Guerlain but looks better), and much more coverage and Givenchy.
Works out cheap as well. You get 56g/10g for the big and small jars.

(-)
limited shades (I use #1 for my fair Asian skin)

on 3/5/2009 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is one of my fav loose powders alongside la mer's!! Its beautiful and very finely milled. Also, it has abit of shimmer in it although not as shimmery as la mer's. It has enough shimmer to give you a semi matte look. I have it in Translucent 1 and for the price you pay you get alot of product. It also has skincare properties to nourish the skin. Love it!

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 4/27/2005 11:41:00 AM

PERFECT loose powder. I dunno what else to say :)

It's got little sparkles but you can see them only when exposed to sun and if you look really close. Comes in a huge jar. I've got it in Translucent #1 and am going to get it in #2 for the summer. This is FANTASTIC powder, aboslutely the best I've had so far. I'm not looking for a different one. EDIT: I tried using it during summer - not a good idea. It's great for harsh winter but doesn't control oil in the summertime.

on 12/13/2003 3:26:00 PM

This is the first loose powder that I loved! With this, my skin doesn't dry out and looks fabulous. Actually, I'm using the color sold only in Asia because the colors in America are too pink for me. Mine is more yellow. But if a color matches your skin color, you would definetely love it! It seems to cost, but the qty is so large that you could use it for almost 2 yrs. So I don't think it really costs.

on 4/5/2003 2:04:00 AM

i love this loose powder. it has one of the finest textures and it lasts all day...i don even need touch ups even though my t zone is slightly oily...ever since i used this loose powder, everyone is asking me what i did to my face that made it look so smooth...would highly recommend it..its not exactly expensive as you are getting 56grams which is quite a lot.

on 4/2/2003 5:43:00 PM

The texture is amazing! It contains moisturizing formula and tiny shimmers that correct the skin imperfections. It truly gives my skin a flawless finish. It does control my oily skin all day long and doesn't dry my skin at all. The only drawback is the color. Transparent 1 is the lightest color but it's too dark and dull for light to pale skin tone. I really like the texture so I mix it with shiseido powder to lighten the color. Excellent texture with terrible color selection. I would definately buy this powder again, if they make it less pinky and lighter.