Inglot Duraline

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Inglot Duraline

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/26/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh man, sorry to say this is another recent disappointment for me from Inglot. I was so excited to use this to transform any eyeshadow into a liquid liner that I could apply with an eyeliner brush. Unfortunately, both loose shadows I tried ended up looking much darker as a result of mixing them with duraline. It made the colors noticeably darker, even after they had completely dried. So unfortunately it just changed the color. Ugh. I tried with a medium-purple sparkly Inglot loose shadow - I'm not sure of the shade number because it was a free sample. Well, the duraline made this shadow nearly black and lost much of its sparkle. I also tried it with a brilliantly bright cobalt blue, matte loose shadow (Mingles from Glamour Doll Eyes)... and it made this shadow darker too, like a navy blue. Just using plain water on my liner brush with either of these shadows allows me to create a liquid liner while staying TRUE to the color, so unfortunately for my purposes plain water works better than duraline! I will keep it though since it was only $10, and may find it useful with shadows that I don't mind being darker as an eyeliner I guess, and maybe to re-hydrate gel products.

It does make the eyeshadow you mix it with extremely long-wearing though - it was very tough to remove! So that is a plus if you're looking for something like that. Though personally I don't like eye products that are extra difficult to remove at the end of the day, I was recently disappointed by the Inglot black gel liner for the same reason... so difficult to remove, I even used oil and still could see remnants of the eyeliner at my lash line DAYS later!

tl;dr - Seems to make loose eyeshadows several shades darker, not true to color. Makes the color extremely long-wearing to the point that it is difficult to remove at the end of the day. Will need to use an oil-based makeup remover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

great product to have in your make up bag if you like all things make up. eyeshadow lasts forever on the lid without fading, intensifies base color as some here said, makes the color pop even if the eyeshadow is not pigmented enough.
Update: after many uses, i still like the product, but recommend you scrape a bit of the eyeshadow into a litlle pan and work with duraline, because i have been putting it directly onto the pressed shadow and it has changed the consistensy of the shadows, now they are "slippery" and less pigmented than before, so now i have to scrape the top laper which formed a thin film, if i want to use it without duraline.

TIP: use duraline for dried gel eyeliners or dried cream eyeshadows to revive them and make them creamy again. i use it with all my dried cream products (pots)- works like magic.
PS: from my experience some bright colors become darker when mixed with duraline. i used it with a bright Nars blue shadow, turned it into a navy blue.

on 2/28/2010 4:05:00 PM

I read some very positive reviews on this product on some Austrialian sites so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using Inglot products for years but hadn't tried Duraline yet because Inglot's eyeshadow's NEVER crease on me even though my face is essentially an oil well.

Since the bottle was only 19zl, (about 4.50) I bought it.

Positive:
- price
- the bottle lasts for a long time!
- enhances colours of any eyeshadow
- makes 'cheap' eyeshadow more durable and stops it from creasing
- turns loose eyeshadow / pigments into liner / creamy eyeshadow

Negative
- the package of the product, since it can hardly be used 'on the go' (small glass bottle with a pipette dispenser)
(I think Urban decay has a product that works similarly in a much better packaging, i.e. the liquid is in a double-sided container with attached brushes. I haven't tried the UD one though.)