Inglot Duraline

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Inglot Duraline

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Duraline is a wonderful product for wetting shadows to use them foiled or as a liner. I really love the packaging, it looks nice and the dropper is very handy. The formula is nice too, it is just a little bit thicker than similar shadow transforming products which means that it spreads less if you drop it onto a shadow. One bottle will last for a very long time, and I find it to be a great value for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Duraline is one of those fabulous products that does so much and one that I will always have on hand. Its best known use is as an eyeshadow "transformer" - to turn powder shadows into liners or into even more intense shadows. It does this without ruining the surface of the powder shadow itself, at least in my experience. But it also works to revive or at least make "usable" dried out cream shadows. One of my first Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows dried out really, REALLY fast, despite my care in storing it. It is now this hard, dry little "puck" that falls out of the container if I turn it upside down. It was pretty much useless but I've kept it because it was so pricey. Duraline has rescued it! It's still a dried out little "turd" (it is brown, which contributes to that description!) so Duraline hasn't restored it in that sense, but a tiny drop worked into a cream shadow brush makes this even more pigmented and smooth to apply than when the shadow was new! Now I regret tossing out and repurchasing some Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows that dried out as they too would have been usable and I'd have saved myself some cash. What a lot of people don't know is that Duraline can also be mixed with your foundation - just a drop mixed in before applying - and it will make that foundation long wearing and water/sweat proof. I owe a big thanks to Casey at the Times Square Inglot store for this tip. To my amazement, this really works and works well. Much like adding a serum, oil or liquid highlighter to a foundation, it lightens the texture somewhat, making it nicer to apply and it really does enhance the wear time of the product and maintain that freshly applied look considerably. Like all Inglot products, the price is pretty low but the quality is excellent. If this had a MAC or Make Up For Ever label on it, it would cost two to three times as much.

on 11/17/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do like this product and its ability to transform loose pigments and eyeshadows into liner. You really don't need very much of this product at all to create enough liner for both eyelids. The glass bottle is nice, but I would have preferred a squeeze dropper to have more control over how much product you need to dispense. There is a thin glass stopper inside the lid and you kind of just have to let 1-2 drops of product just fall off that into the pigments you want to transform.

Duraline does a nice job at maintaining the color of your pigment. Unlike another reviewer, I did not find it made loose pigments darker or cause them to lose their sparkle. Maybe that depends on the brand? I have only used Duraline with other Inglot pigments and shadows and all have applied true to color.

Duraline has also made the product stay on really well. When Duraline is used with Inglot loose pigments, I am able to get a good 10 hours of wear without needing to touch up my eyeliner.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Haven't used for stated purchase yet. I use to rehydrate gel liners. Going to try on Chanel IdO next.

I have added to a mac fluidline, essence gel liner both of which had dried up and cracked. Few drops in and left overnight, perfectly functioning gel liner in am.

I really love this product because it makes liner that doesn't budge until I wash it off. I really find this to be a nifty addition to my beauty arsenal. I have had no problem using this with Urban Decay, Inglot, and Lorac shadows. I love how instead of buying the liner like UD's Blackheart for example I can just make it out of the shadow. For me this is pretty easy to use. I put one drop of Duraline on my hand. I then use a liner brush and add some shadow and just touch it to the Duraline. Just enough for the brush to absorb some of it. Then I dab my brush to it and line. It gives me what feels like a silky smooth liner.

Once this is on and sets it does not budge. I have to be extra careful with darker shadows because sometimes even a double cleanse might not remove it all. I should really just use my eye mu remover but this is not a deal breaker because with my watery eyes this is amazing! I love how easy it is to use and how a little goes a long way. I could use less than a drop and it would be plenty to do the job. I love this product because it saves me $$ because so many shadows can be turned into liner. It's easy to use and lasts a long time I never need a touchup when I use this. It works better than some of my liners. Recommended!

Besides doing everything that has already been said before, it also revives dried out mascaras (and mascara primers) like no other. I just add 2-3 drops, shake it with applicator energetically for 30 seconds, let sit overnight, and in the morning, your almost ready to be trashed mascara is ready for application with its life extended for a few more weeks, if not months.

on 8/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Sooo the rumor has it it's a great eyeshadow base. I purchased it with this purpouse and I'll be reviewing it as shadowbase. It's dissapionting. Period. Works poorly with eyeshadows, doesn't prevent creasing. I'm Polish so I paid $6 for it, not so bad but there are cheaper and better. Also, the cap broke not long after buying so I couldn't toss it into my cosmetic bag anymore. I don't recommend it as an eyeshadow base.

on 7/11/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased the Duraline with the AMC Matte Collection Gel Eyeliner (which I was massively disappointed with) - Inglot actually messed up my order and left the Duraline out, but after popping them a quick email, they got right on it and I received Duraline about 2 days later (just thought I'd mention it as an aside that their customer service is excellent).

Anyway, I bought the Duraline to extend the life and staying power of the Inglot gel eyeliner I purchased. The eyeliner was AWFUL for me (see my review), so I've been hesitant to try it with it, but I DID try mixing it with my trusty MAC Fluidline gel eyeliner, and it was amazing!

My MAC does me proud and usually has quite good staying power, but with a drop of Duraline the life is incredible! I simply mix one small drop of Duraline in the lid of my MAC eyeliner pot and a tiny "scoop" of the gel, and then tightline my top lid and waterline as usual. I get virtually no transfer and it really does last all day!

Additionally I LOVE the packaging - it has a wonderfully designed and compact dropper that makes it easy to dispense whatever amount you need. It's reasonably priced, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out (it will probably take AGES as such a little goes a long way). Fantastic product, and great value for money in my opinion!

Sidenote: I HAVEN'T tried Duraline with eyeshadow at this point, only gel eyeliner, so I can't attest to its effectiveness in that department. I will however write and updated review if/when I try it with eyeshadow.

on 7/1/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

As much as I love all things Inglot, Duraline is not my favorite eyeliner sealer.

I use it with loose powder eyeliners, and it ramps the intensity of the liner WAY up, too much so, for my taste.

For example, today I used it with my Larenim "Last Crush" eyeliner, a matte dark brown. Mixed with Duraline, the liner became coal black, and as the [hot and humid] day wore on, I noticed darkness under my eyes, even though I'd lined the top lids only.I have extremely oily skin, and took a nap, so maybe this wasn't an entirely fair trial. However, I've tried other sealers that performed better under the same circumstances.

Duraline is a good product, and may work great for those whose skin is less oily than mine, which is probably just about everyone.

I'm going to stay with my J. Lynne sealer, at least for most occasions.
COMPLETE REVERSAL 05/21/14: It must have been my technique, or the product(s) I was using it with that was preventing Duraline from working for me, because I've grown to love it. I now use it with Trish McEvoy Eye Definers. I load my brush with the liner powder, dip the brush into a bit of Duraline, and apply it to my [upper] lids. Duraline does itensify the color of the liner, but since I now apply my liner first, then eyeshadow on top of it, it turns out looking soft but defined.

And it STAYS PUT all day, even on my oil-slick lids.

I don't ever want to be without this again. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent product. Its not easy for me to get hold of mac mixing medium as I dun live near a mac pro store. Have never tried mixing medium so I cant compare. But I have extremely oily lids. most gel eyeliner dun work on me and this works fine.
I drop a single drop of duraline onto a pan and mix it with pigment. The eyeliner last the entire day. I am impressed.