Inglot Duraline

Inglot Duraline

4.5

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/15/2011 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm going to have to go against the general consensus here. I hate this product! To me it's like over priced glycerin in a bottle. When I used this product on my lids it gave the shadow a streaky effect and the more I go over it, the worse it got. Go over it a second time and you end up with a clumpy mess which transferes if you are unlucky enough to have hooded eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

While the packaging is very practical and easy to use the overall product was literally a pain to use. I have excema and thus very sensitive skin, when I used this product is basically burned my skin (I had tested it on the back of my hand and my eyelid before purchasing). I can only guess that the closer to my eye the product was, the worse the burning.

I tried to research what ingrediants were in the formula but couldn't find any and the Inglot webpage has been under construction for ages.

I did test the durability of this liquid and it does seem to last (as the name would suggest) but the eye burning simply isn't worth it. If you want an alternative I would suggest Napoleon's Cake Eyeliner Sealer.

on 8/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Sooo the rumor has it it's a great eyeshadow base. I purchased it with this purpouse and I'll be reviewing it as shadowbase. It's dissapionting. Period. Works poorly with eyeshadows, doesn't prevent creasing. I'm Polish so I paid $6 for it, not so bad but there are cheaper and better. Also, the cap broke not long after buying so I couldn't toss it into my cosmetic bag anymore. I don't recommend it as an eyeshadow base.

on 8/16/2011 12:22:00 AM

I never try any mixing medium before and this is my beginning usage of it on powder eyeshadow. I always get too much of it by simply dipping those remaining on the tube. It tends to dry up toooo fast and I hardly pick up the right amount of eyeshadow before it gone dry...Will constantly trying it again on eyeshadow, powder blush, etc.

on 5/26/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh man, sorry to say this is another recent disappointment for me from Inglot. I was so excited to use this to transform any eyeshadow into a liquid liner that I could apply with an eyeliner brush. Unfortunately, both loose shadows I tried ended up looking much darker as a result of mixing them with duraline. It made the colors noticeably darker, even after they had completely dried. So unfortunately it just changed the color. Ugh. I tried with a medium-purple sparkly Inglot loose shadow - I'm not sure of the shade number because it was a free sample. Well, the duraline made this shadow nearly black and lost much of its sparkle. I also tried it with a brilliantly bright cobalt blue, matte loose shadow (Mingles from Glamour Doll Eyes)... and it made this shadow darker too, like a navy blue. Just using plain water on my liner brush with either of these shadows allows me to create a liquid liner while staying TRUE to the color, so unfortunately for my purposes plain water works better than duraline! I will keep it though since it was only $10, and may find it useful with shadows that I don't mind being darker as an eyeliner I guess, and maybe to re-hydrate gel products.

It does make the eyeshadow you mix it with extremely long-wearing though - it was very tough to remove! So that is a plus if you're looking for something like that. Though personally I don't like eye products that are extra difficult to remove at the end of the day, I was recently disappointed by the Inglot black gel liner for the same reason... so difficult to remove, I even used oil and still could see remnants of the eyeliner at my lash line DAYS later!

tl;dr - Seems to make loose eyeshadows several shades darker, not true to color. Makes the color extremely long-wearing to the point that it is difficult to remove at the end of the day. Will need to use an oil-based makeup remover.

PROS: Duraline is an amazing product in theory, and works fantastically for pigments (MADE FOR PIGMENTS). Because pigments are so...well pigmented, you only need very little of the pigment to mix with the Duraline, far more e/s is need when using regulary pressed eyeshadow.

CONS: The packaging is inconvenient because it dispenses more than what you need for ordinary e/s. In addition, the Duraline can also change the colours of the e/s you add to it. E.g. I added a concentrated amount of bright green, which immediately turned a yellow/green when mixed with the duraline. In addition, far more pressed e/s is needed to mix with the tiniest amount of duraline to get a concentrated colour with good colour deposit. Finally, it temporarilt stings a little upon application.

Overall it is a clever product and I would re-use it, but I think it could also be improved. It is also pretty cheap at $16.00 for a bottle that lasts a very long time.

on 11/17/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I do like this product and its ability to transform loose pigments and eyeshadows into liner. You really don't need very much of this product at all to create enough liner for both eyelids. The glass bottle is nice, but I would have preferred a squeeze dropper to have more control over how much product you need to dispense. There is a thin glass stopper inside the lid and you kind of just have to let 1-2 drops of product just fall off that into the pigments you want to transform.

Duraline does a nice job at maintaining the color of your pigment. Unlike another reviewer, I did not find it made loose pigments darker or cause them to lose their sparkle. Maybe that depends on the brand? I have only used Duraline with other Inglot pigments and shadows and all have applied true to color.

Duraline has also made the product stay on really well. When Duraline is used with Inglot loose pigments, I am able to get a good 10 hours of wear without needing to touch up my eyeliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

great product to have in your make up bag if you like all things make up. eyeshadow lasts forever on the lid without fading, intensifies base color as some here said, makes the color pop even if the eyeshadow is not pigmented enough.
Update: after many uses, i still like the product, but recommend you scrape a bit of the eyeshadow into a litlle pan and work with duraline, because i have been putting it directly onto the pressed shadow and it has changed the consistensy of the shadows, now they are "slippery" and less pigmented than before, so now i have to scrape the top laper which formed a thin film, if i want to use it without duraline.

TIP: use duraline for dried gel eyeliners or dried cream eyeshadows to revive them and make them creamy again. i use it with all my dried cream products (pots)- works like magic.
PS: from my experience some bright colors become darker when mixed with duraline. i used it with a bright Nars blue shadow, turned it into a navy blue.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was indecisive between MAC Mixing Medium and Inglot Duraline, but I ended up purchasing this one. I experimented with it various different ways.

1. I dropped few drops in my dried out Stila Smudge Pot in Electrifying Blue. It worked out fine, my smudge pot is wearable again, the color did not change.

2. I mixed it with my Nars Nightbreed eyeshadow to form a sparkling eyeliner. It worked fine but I was expecting that the color would be more sparkly. But I guess it has to do with the Night Breed not Duraline.

3.I mixed it with Body Shop Golden Emerald Mineral Loose Powder eye shadow to form an eyeliner, and the result was a beautiful beautiful dark shimmery olive, like Urban Decay Stash.

Duraline is a good product to have in your make up drawer if you are in to experimenting with make up products.

on 9/2/2017 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have the inglot 77 eyeliner, which I adore. It is the only eyeliner I tried so far that stays in my hooded eyes from 8 to when I decide to remove it. However, after one year, it got a little dry.

After searching ways to undry my beloved gel, I bought inglot duraline.

It is a blend of silicones that I mixed with my gel and that is that. Three drops and a plastic spatula to mix everything, my finger protected with a plastic bag to press the gel and all is new.

It is not that expensive considering the total amount x use. The dropper is something else. Really liked it.