Inglot Duraline

Inglot Duraline

4.5

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 2/27/2008 6:03:00 AM

This is a miracle product everyone should try. I saw someone on Specktra talking about this product, so I decided to try it since it's only $22 AUD. It's in a small glass bottle with a dropper. The product itself is a thick, clear liquid, similar to MAC Mixing Medium. I apply a thin layer from lashline to brow bone, then do my e/s as usual. Alternatively, you can wet the brush with this then dip into e/s, but this will leave a shiny spot in the pan.

According to the SA, this is to make loose powder e/s more creamy and easier to work with. But it does SO MUCH more than that.

Purpose 1: This intensifies e/s colors like nothing else. I've tried this with various formulas. This works particularly well with shimmery e/s. With matte ones, only makes the texture more blendable and slightly more pigmented.

Purpose 2: I never really enjoyed pigments or loose e/s before I found this product, because they are just sooo messy. Well this solves the problem. Now when I pat pigments onto my lids, they actually stay on, and as mentioned before, the colors is intensified.

Purpose 3: I have super oily lids, and I have tried a lot of e/s bases (including MAC paints, paint pots, BB cream shadows, various foundations or concealers as bases), and none of them truly last a whole day, and I always dreaded wearing e/s on hot days. Then along came Duraline. This stuff doesn't budge. Even during hot weather, I only get a slight and hardly noticeably creasing at the end of a very long day (10 hr+)

Purpose 4: This is really good to achieve glossy eyes without having ur e/s creasing in 15 mins. The trick it to pat it onto ur lid and immediately put on e/s while it's still wet. Also, if u don't want the glossy look, just wait a few secs for the product to settle and then put on e/s.

I know this is a new brand and maybe hard to get in some areas, but get it if you can!!!

on 2/29/2008 6:33:00 AM

I love this product, really intensifies the colour of eyshadows, even sheap drugstore ones , be careful though with putting the brush with lots of product directly into the eyeshadown pan as the powder eyeshadow will harden and change texture.

The price of theis product is really gr8t too , I got it for just 8 euros.

on 7/2/2009 4:22:00 AM

A really awesome product!!!!
It comes in a bottle with a dropper which is very useful and soo cheap too. I bought it from the Inglot store for only AU$20!
It definately intensifies colour of eyeshadows on my lid and can be used as a neat base!
note: I wouldn't suggest putting the duraline right onto the eyeshadow pan if you're using it with pressed eyeshadows. It's best to scrape a little out and mix it seperately in/on something else to prevent ruining your pressed eyeshadow.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

While the packaging is very practical and easy to use the overall product was literally a pain to use. I have excema and thus very sensitive skin, when I used this product is basically burned my skin (I had tested it on the back of my hand and my eyelid before purchasing). I can only guess that the closer to my eye the product was, the worse the burning.

I tried to research what ingrediants were in the formula but couldn't find any and the Inglot webpage has been under construction for ages.

I did test the durability of this liquid and it does seem to last (as the name would suggest) but the eye burning simply isn't worth it. If you want an alternative I would suggest Napoleon's Cake Eyeliner Sealer.

on 2/28/2010 4:05:00 PM

I read some very positive reviews on this product on some Austrialian sites so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using Inglot products for years but hadn't tried Duraline yet because Inglot's eyeshadow's NEVER crease on me even though my face is essentially an oil well.

Since the bottle was only 19zl, (about 4.50) I bought it.

Positive:
- price
- the bottle lasts for a long time!
- enhances colours of any eyeshadow
- makes 'cheap' eyeshadow more durable and stops it from creasing
- turns loose eyeshadow / pigments into liner / creamy eyeshadow

Negative
- the package of the product, since it can hardly be used 'on the go' (small glass bottle with a pipette dispenser)
(I think Urban decay has a product that works similarly in a much better packaging, i.e. the liquid is in a double-sided container with attached brushes. I haven't tried the UD one though.)

on 4/7/2010 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well this is my must have. It is waterproof and tears proof. It is turning your eyeshadow in so pigmented, so last long eyeliner. I also use it on waterline with eyeshadow and it is stay on so long! If you don't have oily lid you can use it as a eyeshadow base. GREAT on lips to prime it and for reaaly last long color. I LOVE IT.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I loooveee this product! Since i bought it, i've literally used it with every shadow and pigment i have! It turns my eyeshadows and pigments so much bolder.
Couldn't live without it :)
I have so much of the Inglot pigment, and this works really well bringning out all the colors, sparkles and everything else in them :)

PROS: Duraline is an amazing product in theory, and works fantastically for pigments (MADE FOR PIGMENTS). Because pigments are so...well pigmented, you only need very little of the pigment to mix with the Duraline, far more e/s is need when using regulary pressed eyeshadow.

CONS: The packaging is inconvenient because it dispenses more than what you need for ordinary e/s. In addition, the Duraline can also change the colours of the e/s you add to it. E.g. I added a concentrated amount of bright green, which immediately turned a yellow/green when mixed with the duraline. In addition, far more pressed e/s is needed to mix with the tiniest amount of duraline to get a concentrated colour with good colour deposit. Finally, it temporarilt stings a little upon application.

Overall it is a clever product and I would re-use it, but I think it could also be improved. It is also pretty cheap at $16.00 for a bottle that lasts a very long time.

on 10/3/2010 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Duraline happened to be on sale the day I decided to check out Inglot for the first time so I thought I may as well try it out. SO glad I did! I love it & use it every time I wear makeup.

Eyeliner:- I've tested Duraline out on a few eye shadows & find that it makes the best eyeliner I've ever used. Easier for me to use than pencil & gel eyeliners.

I put about a drop of Duraline on the back of my hand and then mix the pigment/eyeshadow into it. I then line it on my eyes with an eyeliner brush.

Eyeshadow:- I've been mixing eyeshadow or pigments with Duraline to use as eyeshadow. Application is the same as using it for eyeliner. Mix the eyeshadow/Duraline on your hand & smooth it on your eyelid with an eyeshadow brush.

Tip: You may want to close your eyes for a few seconds after application to give the eyeshadow a chance to dry.

Eye Primer:- I've also been experimenting using Duraline as an eyeshadow primer/base & find it's as good as my UDPP. Brush on a small amount of Duraline directly to the lid, let it dry, and then use another brush to put on the dry eyeshadow.

Verdict:- This is a great product as I can use eyeshadow that I already own & don't have to buy multiple products. This is a great addition to any makeup case, especially if you don't have a huge budget.

The amount of eyeshadow you need to use depends on the quality &/or how pigmented it is.

Duraline lets you be artistic & know that you won't be wearing the same eyeliner as anyone else! It goes on evenly, is so easy to use, makes colours brighter & more vibrant. It stays on until I take it off with makeup remover at the end of the day.

I find Duraline easier to use with loose eyeshadows/pigments - only because they're already loose. With pressed eyeshadows, I just loosen a bit with a stiff brush before mixing.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This works very well as a eyeshadow primer and base, no creasing, and it grabs the color. It is also great to mix with pigments (or eyeshadow) to make an instant liquid liner. I got it for 6AUD per bottle (was on sale) and it is really good value. Too bad this brand is not available where I live (Germany) yet, I got this on holiday in Australia.