Inglot Cosmetics Duraline

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 25-29
Inglot Cosmetics Duraline

3.3

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/26/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh man, sorry to say this is another recent disappointment for me from Inglot. I was so excited to use this to transform any eyeshadow into a liquid liner that I could apply with an eyeliner brush. Unfortunately, both loose shadows I tried ended up looking much darker as a result of mixing them with duraline. It made the colors noticeably darker, even after they had completely dried. So unfortunately it just changed the color. Ugh. I tried with a medium-purple sparkly Inglot loose shadow - I'm not sure of the shade number because it was a free sample. Well, the duraline made this shadow nearly black and lost much of its sparkle. I also tried it with a brilliantly bright cobalt blue, matte loose shadow (Mingles from Glamour Doll Eyes)... and it made this shadow darker too, like a navy blue. Just using plain water on my liner brush with either of these shadows allows me to create a liquid liner while staying TRUE to the color, so unfortunately for my purposes plain water works better than duraline! I will keep it though since it was only $10, and may find it useful with shadows that I don't mind being darker as an eyeliner I guess, and maybe to re-hydrate gel products.

It does make the eyeshadow you mix it with extremely long-wearing though - it was very tough to remove! So that is a plus if you're looking for something like that. Though personally I don't like eye products that are extra difficult to remove at the end of the day, I was recently disappointed by the Inglot black gel liner for the same reason... so difficult to remove, I even used oil and still could see remnants of the eyeliner at my lash line DAYS later!

tl;dr - Seems to make loose eyeshadows several shades darker, not true to color. Makes the color extremely long-wearing to the point that it is difficult to remove at the end of the day. Will need to use an oil-based makeup remover.

I bought this in hopes of it reviving my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. It did exactly that! After a few months, my Dipbrow dried out pretty badly to the point where I couldn't use It effectively. I put the tiniest drop (not even a drop really, I just touch the applicator to the pomade and leave a tiny tiny bit) in my Dipbrow every few days and it makes it like new. That alone makes it worth purchasing. I also use it to renew mascaras and gel eyeliners. It makes the application of gel products much smoother. I use a little bit with Inglot AMC 77 liner and it goes on like a dream. I have yet to use it as intended with eyeshadows but I am sure I will and I will love it! My only issue, which isn't really even an issue, is with the screw on applicator. I feel like it could leak out of the cap because it seems like I can't ever screw it on tight enough or I will break it if I try to tighten it too much. It has yet to leak or break, but it seems like a possibility.

on 8/16/2011 12:22:00 AM

I never try any mixing medium before and this is my beginning usage of it on powder eyeshadow. I always get too much of it by simply dipping those remaining on the tube. It tends to dry up toooo fast and I hardly pick up the right amount of eyeshadow before it gone dry...Will constantly trying it again on eyeshadow, powder blush, etc.

Popular Eyes Products