Inglot Duraline

Filtered by age: 25-29
Inglot Duraline

3.0

Isododecane, Bis-vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol.

on 5/26/2015 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh man, sorry to say this is another recent disappointment for me from Inglot. I was so excited to use this to transform any eyeshadow into a liquid liner that I could apply with an eyeliner brush. Unfortunately, both loose shadows I tried ended up looking much darker as a result of mixing them with duraline. It made the colors noticeably darker, even after they had completely dried. So unfortunately it just changed the color. Ugh. I tried with a medium-purple sparkly Inglot loose shadow - I'm not sure of the shade number because it was a free sample. Well, the duraline made this shadow nearly black and lost much of its sparkle. I also tried it with a brilliantly bright cobalt blue, matte loose shadow (Mingles from Glamour Doll Eyes)... and it made this shadow darker too, like a navy blue. Just using plain water on my liner brush with either of these shadows allows me to create a liquid liner while staying TRUE to the color, so unfortunately for my purposes plain water works better than duraline! I will keep it though since it was only $10, and may find it useful with shadows that I don't mind being darker as an eyeliner I guess, and maybe to re-hydrate gel products.

It does make the eyeshadow you mix it with extremely long-wearing though - it was very tough to remove! So that is a plus if you're looking for something like that. Though personally I don't like eye products that are extra difficult to remove at the end of the day, I was recently disappointed by the Inglot black gel liner for the same reason... so difficult to remove, I even used oil and still could see remnants of the eyeliner at my lash line DAYS later!

tl;dr - Seems to make loose eyeshadows several shades darker, not true to color. Makes the color extremely long-wearing to the point that it is difficult to remove at the end of the day. Will need to use an oil-based makeup remover.

I bought this in hopes of it reviving my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. It did exactly that! After a few months, my Dipbrow dried out pretty badly to the point where I couldn't use It effectively. I put the tiniest drop (not even a drop really, I just touch the applicator to the pomade and leave a tiny tiny bit) in my Dipbrow every few days and it makes it like new. That alone makes it worth purchasing. I also use it to renew mascaras and gel eyeliners. It makes the application of gel products much smoother. I use a little bit with Inglot AMC 77 liner and it goes on like a dream. I have yet to use it as intended with eyeshadows but I am sure I will and I will love it! My only issue, which isn't really even an issue, is with the screw on applicator. I feel like it could leak out of the cap because it seems like I can't ever screw it on tight enough or I will break it if I try to tighten it too much. It has yet to leak or break, but it seems like a possibility.

on 8/25/2013 4:15:00 PM

Sooo the rumor has it it's a great eyeshadow base. I purchased it with this purpouse and I'll be reviewing it as shadowbase. It's dissapionting. Period. Works poorly with eyeshadows, doesn't prevent creasing. I'm Polish so I paid $6 for it, not so bad but there are cheaper and better. Also, the cap broke not long after buying so I couldn't toss it into my cosmetic bag anymore. I don't recommend it as an eyeshadow base.

on 8/16/2011 12:22:00 AM

I never try any mixing medium before and this is my beginning usage of it on powder eyeshadow. I always get too much of it by simply dipping those remaining on the tube. It tends to dry up toooo fast and I hardly pick up the right amount of eyeshadow before it gone dry...Will constantly trying it again on eyeshadow, powder blush, etc.

on 5/15/2011 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm going to have to go against the general consensus here. I hate this product! To me it's like over priced glycerin in a bottle. When I used this product on my lids it gave the shadow a streaky effect and the more I go over it, the worse it got. Go over it a second time and you end up with a clumpy mess which transferes if you are unlucky enough to have hooded eyes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I loooveee this product! Since i bought it, i've literally used it with every shadow and pigment i have! It turns my eyeshadows and pigments so much bolder.
Couldn't live without it :)
I have so much of the Inglot pigment, and this works really well bringning out all the colors, sparkles and everything else in them :)

on 2/28/2010 4:05:00 PM

I read some very positive reviews on this product on some Austrialian sites so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been using Inglot products for years but hadn't tried Duraline yet because Inglot's eyeshadow's NEVER crease on me even though my face is essentially an oil well.

Since the bottle was only 19zl, (about 4.50) I bought it.

Positive:
- price
- the bottle lasts for a long time!
- enhances colours of any eyeshadow
- makes 'cheap' eyeshadow more durable and stops it from creasing
- turns loose eyeshadow / pigments into liner / creamy eyeshadow

Negative
- the package of the product, since it can hardly be used 'on the go' (small glass bottle with a pipette dispenser)
(I think Urban decay has a product that works similarly in a much better packaging, i.e. the liquid is in a double-sided container with attached brushes. I haven't tried the UD one though.)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

While the packaging is very practical and easy to use the overall product was literally a pain to use. I have excema and thus very sensitive skin, when I used this product is basically burned my skin (I had tested it on the back of my hand and my eyelid before purchasing). I can only guess that the closer to my eye the product was, the worse the burning.

I tried to research what ingrediants were in the formula but couldn't find any and the Inglot webpage has been under construction for ages.

I did test the durability of this liquid and it does seem to last (as the name would suggest) but the eye burning simply isn't worth it. If you want an alternative I would suggest Napoleon's Cake Eyeliner Sealer.