Yes To Carrots C the Body Carrot Rich Moisturizing Body Scrub

2.4

on 6/13/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I must be weird, but my sensitive skin just loved this very gentle scrub! I got it on clearance for a dollar and wasn't expecing much after the reviews here, but I found it worked great. Very gentle but it did the trick! Even at regular price, I would buy this again.

on 12/28/2010 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I've liked other Yes to Carrots products, but this scrub just wasn't for me. It is a very gentle scrub, and may suit those with very sensitive skin better. The scrub particles are small, few and far between, and seemed to make little impact - I had to use a lot, on a loofah glove, in order to feel any effect. It also leaves a residue on the skin - it feels like it doesn't rinse properly.

The tube is a good idea, as I find that jars of scrub can just fill up with water and become ruined in the shower, however overall, I'm happier making my own sea-salt and oil concoction, rather than using this.

on 1/17/2010 3:20:00 PM

I purchased a YTC gift set during the after Christmas sales and the scrub was part of the set. I have used it a couple times and find that I have to mix it with equal parts of my St. Ives scrub to get the best result. The YTC scrub has very little exfoliant in it--however it is moisturizing and balances out the St. Ives scrub very well. I probably would not purchase again as I feel there are much better scrubs available.

on 8/14/2010 7:56:00 PM

I got this on clearance for about $3.75. Which was about $3.75 too much now that I've tried it.

I like a scrub to actually make my skin feel smooth and polished. Not only did this not feel like it removed anything, it also felt like it left a residue on my skin.

On the plus side, it has a nice clean fresh smell (which doesn't linger).

I threw away the tube when it was half full, which I pretty well never do because I figure if I paid for it, I'd better use it up!

I'll go back to making my own scrubs with sugar and oils.

on 12/19/2009 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

The scrub works. And for its moisturizing properties, its leaning towards the tacky and oily feel, just slightly. But the only reason that made me decide to buy it is its claim on the back: GLOWING skin. *YA RIGHT! There are no glimmer particles or pigments, it is a simple basic body scrub.

Plus, the price is a little high sitting at $10 for 200mL. I used it for 4 or 5 times each application as an all over the body scrubbing. If you want a basic scrub, I would recommend the St.Ives jar one. $2.99 for 300ml and it comes in a tub with a screw-on cap, which is soo much more convenient in my opinion.

This Yes to Carrot scrub comes in a flip-cap tube, which scares me everytime. Not the cap part, but the tube design. The product inside is a thick creamy scrub. When I squeeze out the product, I feel like I am exerting enormous pressure just to squeeze a bit out and the tube will burst on me anytime. I should not live/use in fear of my beauty products.

Again, Yes to Carrots managed to make yet another very disappointing product.

on 9/19/2009 1:41:00 AM

This scrub has a nice amount of grit, but it smells like pancake batter. You get a fair amount of scrub for the money, and have been using this on my feet with a pumice stone. I cannot justify throwing away anything in these turbulent times...

on 8/16/2009 1:12:00 PM

This is a really poor scrub. It barely exfolitates. If you have sensitive skin, I could see this being an option, but the scrubbies in it are pretty wimpy. I like the creamy formula & squeeze tube. I haven't had good experiences w/ scrub in squeeze tubes b/c it can be difficult to squeeze out product, but I didn't have problems w/ this tube. However, I think the reason for that is b/c it's a weaker scrub. Anything w/ substantial scrub beads or salt or sugar particles wouldn't squeeze out as easily. I'll stick to salt & brown sugar scrubs. I usually make them myself w/ olive oil & maybe an essential oil. I just don't think this Yes to Carrots scrub is worth the $10 I paid for it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't like this at all! Have you tried St. Ives Apricot Scrub? Well, St. Ives is better than Yes to Carrots. It was pathetic. It is gentle, but I dont think it removed any dead skin cells. I prefer sugar scrubs.

I got this on sale at Wal Greens for less than $5. If I can find it at that price, yes I will buy it again. It is a pretty average scrub in my opinion.

on 8/16/2009 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Glad I got this on sale. This scrub doesn't smell good, doesn't exfoliate well, and doesn't make me want to buy it again. Below average. Honestly if you're gonna buy a drugstore scrub you can do better- for example the Softsoap coconut.