OPI Charmed By A Snake

on 1/16/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

FROM THE INDIA COLLECTION
This is a pretty nude golden beige shade that I really find unique as I haven't seen any others similar. I think this shade will look flattering on all skintones.

on 8/15/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I would def. buy this colour again. I get compliments (all from girls) on this every time I wear it. It's a great nude-ish shade on my nc 35-40 skin. I am not sure about other reviews saying this colour was muddy, but on my skin it goes on exactly like it looks in the bottle, peachy light bronze with golden shimmer. Guys of course don't notice anything unless it's bright so not the best date colour!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've uploaded my picture of this one.
The brush was dreadful and needed a little haircut - I've found that with a few of my Indias. After that though, application was fine. This is two coats, and it dried really fast.

The problem for me is just the colour. Although packed with glitter, which I usually love, it was just too fudgey and sludgey for my personal tastes.

Lots of people who saw it on me commented favourably and said they liked it but it just wasn't my kind of colour. Maybe because I was wearing it with a suit for work and it might go better with some funky summer clothes.

on 3/8/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Lovely! having olive skin, it is hard to find a neutral nail color without making your hands look like a corpses. however, this is a beautiful, shimmer, bronze/gold, more bronze than gold. it is alot of shimmer, so its definitely something i would keep for the summer. it reminds me of sunning in the mediterranean

on 2/24/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this one on sale~ for 50% off...
I originally wanted a gold color and was really happy to find this shade on sale!
I think the polish in my bottle wasn't very good. Unlike other's review, my bottle requires 2 coats and it feels very thick after the 2nd coat. it also chip on the 2nd day.
overall tho, I like the colour

on 11/6/2008 3:26:00 AM

This gold/bronze shade is quite runny and requires two to three shades for full coverage. It's a great neutral, however, and I find it great to wear on the toes.

on 5/27/2008 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

On my medium-toned hands this shows up as a well-pigmented caramel-gold-bronze. No red tones - more a syrupy colour. The shimmer is definately visable, but not so chunky so as to make the nails look grainy. The application was streak-free and up to OPI's usual standard. It doesn't dry as glossy, but this problem was taken care of by a decent top coat. A staple for me.

on 3/31/2008 7:28:00 PM

It took me a while to decide which colours I would purchase from the Indian collection, as I thought that many of the colours looked similar to lacquers I already had. But this was one of the first ones I set out to buy. Charmed by a Snake is a light to medium bronze colour with champagne/gold flecks of shimmer through it. It is richly pigmented, and I got excellent coverage even with one coat (ie I couldn't really see my nail underneath after just one coat). In the bottle, the gold flecks/shimmer looks quite intense, which makes you think it will go on the nails as a golden brown. But when applied, it is definitely bronze.

Compared to Brisbane Bronze, it doesn't have that subtle 'metallic' feel that BB has. Also, Brisbane Bronze has more of a coppery tone to it, making it more of a reddish bronze compared to Charmed by a Snake, which I would consider more of a golden based bronze & not as 'warm'. Therefore it should suit quite a few different skin tones, especially those who have light and medium complexions.

Also, the pro-wide brush has finally won me over. I have small, short fingernails, but still find that this brush gives a smooth and streak free application. And the formula is great & makes my nails feel and look great.

Overall, a nice and unique colour from the Indian collection, which will be a great colour for the cooler months.

Popular Polishes