OPI Charmed By A Snake

on 1/16/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

FROM THE INDIA COLLECTION
This is a pretty nude golden beige shade that I really find unique as I haven't seen any others similar. I think this shade will look flattering on all skintones.

on 2/3/2010 4:45:00 PM

This is a great nail color when you want something "natural" but not dull. Two layers and you're ready to go (although I always prefer three, but it's probably just in my head)! Lovely on my pretty fair skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've uploaded my picture of this one.
The brush was dreadful and needed a little haircut - I've found that with a few of my Indias. After that though, application was fine. This is two coats, and it dried really fast.

The problem for me is just the colour. Although packed with glitter, which I usually love, it was just too fudgey and sludgey for my personal tastes.

Lots of people who saw it on me commented favourably and said they liked it but it just wasn't my kind of colour. Maybe because I was wearing it with a suit for work and it might go better with some funky summer clothes.

on 3/10/2009 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful colour that generally falls into the nudes/browns category but can be described as a golden/bronzey shimmer. It needs two coats for bottle colour and it applies beautifully with the OPI wide brush. Definitely a warm colour that is understated, yet interesting and can be worn all year round.

on 11/6/2008 3:26:00 AM

This gold/bronze shade is quite runny and requires two to three shades for full coverage. It's a great neutral, however, and I find it great to wear on the toes.

A shimmery brownish/goldish color. I didn't find it to be that shiny but I use seche topcoat anyways so oh well. It applied in only 2 coats and it had no streaks. the only problem was my brush was reallll messed up.

on 3/31/2008 7:28:00 PM

It took me a while to decide which colours I would purchase from the Indian collection, as I thought that many of the colours looked similar to lacquers I already had. But this was one of the first ones I set out to buy. Charmed by a Snake is a light to medium bronze colour with champagne/gold flecks of shimmer through it. It is richly pigmented, and I got excellent coverage even with one coat (ie I couldn't really see my nail underneath after just one coat). In the bottle, the gold flecks/shimmer looks quite intense, which makes you think it will go on the nails as a golden brown. But when applied, it is definitely bronze.

Compared to Brisbane Bronze, it doesn't have that subtle 'metallic' feel that BB has. Also, Brisbane Bronze has more of a coppery tone to it, making it more of a reddish bronze compared to Charmed by a Snake, which I would consider more of a golden based bronze & not as 'warm'. Therefore it should suit quite a few different skin tones, especially those who have light and medium complexions.

Also, the pro-wide brush has finally won me over. I have small, short fingernails, but still find that this brush gives a smooth and streak free application. And the formula is great & makes my nails feel and look great.

Overall, a nice and unique colour from the Indian collection, which will be a great colour for the cooler months.

Popular Polishes