OPI Charmed By A Snake

Filtered by skin type : Combination
OPI Charmed By A Snake
OPI Charmed by a Snake - India CollectionCharmed By A Snake

on 2/3/2010 4:45:00 PM

This is a great nail color when you want something "natural" but not dull. Two layers and you're ready to go (although I always prefer three, but it's probably just in my head)! Lovely on my pretty fair skin.

Great Product. Excellent medium brown color with flecks of sparkle. I love this color because it's not too sheer, and it's not too dark.

on 3/10/2009 5:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful colour that generally falls into the nudes/browns category but can be described as a golden/bronzey shimmer. It needs two coats for bottle colour and it applies beautifully with the OPI wide brush. Definitely a warm colour that is understated, yet interesting and can be worn all year round.

This is my first venture into OPI, and i'm so glad I finally got there! The colour is quite a light shimmery bronze. After buying I was a bit worried about the amount of sparkle but after applying ( two coats ) I realised there was nothing to worry about and the balance is spot on. The extra width in the brush in very useful and makes application much easier. The quality is also excellent and has lasted 3 days without chipping so far, although i'm hoping to get a few more days out of it yet. I definatly prefer it to my Nails Inc polishes. Definatly converted!

on 7/16/2008 7:05:00 AM

This is part of the OPI India colletion and they are all mostly really good strong colours. As a redhead I wear a lot of autumnal colours and I find this colour tones in with my wardrobe very well. A slightly glittery bronze colour. I don't usually like too much glitter but I find this acceptable. It has good coverage - just two coats achieves the colour in the bottle.
As with all OPI nail polishes, it goes on well with the superb wide brush and lasts me quite a few days before any chips appear. (I do wear Seche Vite as a topcoat).

on 6/8/2008 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

in the bottle this polish looks gorgeous.. a light chocolate brown color almost on the bronze-y side with slight gold undertones... but when i used it for a manicure it looked TOO glittery.. needless to say i immediately removed it...

im going to mix it up with other polishes to try and see if i can make it work... but i definitely wont be repurchasing

A shimmery brownish/goldish color. I didn't find it to be that shiny but I use seche topcoat anyways so oh well. It applied in only 2 coats and it had no streaks. the only problem was my brush was reallll messed up.

on 3/31/2008 7:28:00 PM

It took me a while to decide which colours I would purchase from the Indian collection, as I thought that many of the colours looked similar to lacquers I already had. But this was one of the first ones I set out to buy. Charmed by a Snake is a light to medium bronze colour with champagne/gold flecks of shimmer through it. It is richly pigmented, and I got excellent coverage even with one coat (ie I couldn't really see my nail underneath after just one coat). In the bottle, the gold flecks/shimmer looks quite intense, which makes you think it will go on the nails as a golden brown. But when applied, it is definitely bronze.

Compared to Brisbane Bronze, it doesn't have that subtle 'metallic' feel that BB has. Also, Brisbane Bronze has more of a coppery tone to it, making it more of a reddish bronze compared to Charmed by a Snake, which I would consider more of a golden based bronze & not as 'warm'. Therefore it should suit quite a few different skin tones, especially those who have light and medium complexions.

Also, the pro-wide brush has finally won me over. I have small, short fingernails, but still find that this brush gives a smooth and streak free application. And the formula is great & makes my nails feel and look great.

Overall, a nice and unique colour from the Indian collection, which will be a great colour for the cooler months.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous light-gold toned bronze with heavy gold glitter. It is from the 2008 India collection. This time around the whole India collection is beautiful! They're deeply pigmented, and I guess this would be the jewel-toned neutral of this line. The only thing I am not excited about is the fact these have gone up another dollar to $8.50 a polish now. : /

Popular Polishes