OPI Charmed By A Snake

OPI Charmed by a Snake - India CollectionCharmed By A Snake

on 1/16/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Charmed By a Snake is a beautiful warm golden tan that works as a nude (with a kick) against my skin tone. Full opacity in two coats, and wear time is on par with other OPI polishes--excellent. Comparing this to the more recent release of Warm & Fozzie, Charmed By a Snake is much warmer and about two shades lighter, with much more subtle shimmer. NC44/Chanel PL BA34/Nars Tahoe for reference.

on 8/15/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I would def. buy this colour again. I get compliments (all from girls) on this every time I wear it. It's a great nude-ish shade on my nc 35-40 skin. I am not sure about other reviews saying this colour was muddy, but on my skin it goes on exactly like it looks in the bottle, peachy light bronze with golden shimmer. Guys of course don't notice anything unless it's bright so not the best date colour!

on 2/24/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this one on sale~ for 50% off...
I originally wanted a gold color and was really happy to find this shade on sale!
I think the polish in my bottle wasn't very good. Unlike other's review, my bottle requires 2 coats and it feels very thick after the 2nd coat. it also chip on the 2nd day.
overall tho, I like the colour

on 6/8/2008 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

in the bottle this polish looks gorgeous.. a light chocolate brown color almost on the bronze-y side with slight gold undertones... but when i used it for a manicure it looked TOO glittery.. needless to say i immediately removed it...

im going to mix it up with other polishes to try and see if i can make it work... but i definitely wont be repurchasing

on 3/31/2008 7:28:00 PM

It took me a while to decide which colours I would purchase from the Indian collection, as I thought that many of the colours looked similar to lacquers I already had. But this was one of the first ones I set out to buy. Charmed by a Snake is a light to medium bronze colour with champagne/gold flecks of shimmer through it. It is richly pigmented, and I got excellent coverage even with one coat (ie I couldn't really see my nail underneath after just one coat). In the bottle, the gold flecks/shimmer looks quite intense, which makes you think it will go on the nails as a golden brown. But when applied, it is definitely bronze.

Compared to Brisbane Bronze, it doesn't have that subtle 'metallic' feel that BB has. Also, Brisbane Bronze has more of a coppery tone to it, making it more of a reddish bronze compared to Charmed by a Snake, which I would consider more of a golden based bronze & not as 'warm'. Therefore it should suit quite a few different skin tones, especially those who have light and medium complexions.

Also, the pro-wide brush has finally won me over. I have small, short fingernails, but still find that this brush gives a smooth and streak free application. And the formula is great & makes my nails feel and look great.

Overall, a nice and unique colour from the Indian collection, which will be a great colour for the cooler months.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous light-gold toned bronze with heavy gold glitter. It is from the 2008 India collection. This time around the whole India collection is beautiful! They're deeply pigmented, and I guess this would be the jewel-toned neutral of this line. The only thing I am not excited about is the fact these have gone up another dollar to $8.50 a polish now. : /

Popular Polishes