Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't the best foot cream I've every used in my life but it's certainly pretty darned good. The previous reviewer lamented that you get very few uses from the tube but I don't find this to be the case at all. You only need a very small amount for each foot - maybe a bit larger than a pea. It spreads nicely and moisturizes nicely (I try to apply it after my evening shower and before bed and pop on a pair of thin socks so the cream penetrates rather than rubbing off on my bedding and so that I don't slip and slide on my bedroom floor).

This is a "cheap and cheerful" alternative to creams like Gehwol and L'Occitane and works almost as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have gone over the ingredients list in this product a hundred times trying to figure out what is in it that makes it work so well. I suppose it doesn't matter. This stuff is amazing. It moisturizers my feet for a whole day even in the very cold Canadian winter months. I need to use my callus shaver far far less when I use this product. It's usually pretty cheap compared to other foot creams too.

on 7/5/2010 10:18:00 PM

I have the worst cracked heels ever (yes, cracked, not just dry). This is the only thing I've tried that works. It does smell kind of funny, but you use so little product for it to work that the smell should go away after a few minutes (in other words, suck it up, your feet will thank you). If I were diligent enough to use it consistently, I think I would have the softest heels ever... unfortunately I'm not :P. I've also had a really hard time finding this product in the drug store, so I may revert to buying it online from now on "/.

on 12/1/2009 12:08:00 AM

This is an amazing product. I have used many other foot lotions: no result!
This is inexpensive, no funny smells, just gets to work.
I shower, dry my feet, and apply it before putting socks on. The socks are important because they make sure the lotion is fully absorbed not rubbed off.
It makes your feet baby soft!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was previously using Burt's Bees, and did not get the results I expected. This stuff though, is soooooo amazing. I use it after a shower, before bed, and after a good foot scrub. Though the tube is small, a little really goes a long way. I have no need to use any other creams. The smell is nice, the texture is velvety, and results are instant. It locks in moisture so that you don't have to reapply so often. The softness is lasting too.

on 9/24/2009 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I LOOOVE this little tube of foot cream! It completely changed my crack heels and transformed it into normal, soft skin. When I first moved to LA from South Orange County, the weather and environmental change caused my heels to crack miserably. The skin on my heels felt so thick and it hurt! I went to cvs and I was looking for Dr Scholls foot cream, but got this cus it was on sale. OMG the first application made me love it. It is very rich and creamy, and it completely soothes your heels. I noticed improvement after the first day. I continue to use this every day after I shower, and in a couple weeks, my heels were back to normal! Whenever it gets cold, and i feel I need more moisture on my heels, I use this little tube. It lated me a long time because I on.ly use a little bit every time. it really really works. For anyone with dry, callousy, cracked heels, I HIGHLY recommend trying this. Your heels will thank you for it! =)

on 4/16/2009 7:30:00 PM

It works well as a moisturizer but it smells horrible. Results were visible after the first use but as I walked around, I just kept smelling the lotion and it doesn't smell attractive. Its also very hard to wash off the smell.

Pros:
-It actually has healed my dry cracked heals!
-Smells ok
-Isn't greasy
-A little goes a long way

Cons:
-bottle could be a little prettier

TIP: I applied it every single day after i got out of the shower and put socks on right away, I really feel this helped it absorb and reverse the dry skin on my feet

on 4/18/2008 1:15:00 PM

didn't do a thing for my feet. My skin was dry and rough to begin with and it was the same afterwards. This stuff was just grease sitting on top of my skin

I wanted so badly to love this stuff. I waited ever so patiently for my local Priceline to stock it and when it finally came in I had such high hopes because of the reviews on here. But to be honest I was really disappointed. In all fairness, my feet are pretty awful, and have some really rough, even hard patches. But after reading the reviews I was convinced if anything could tackle them, it would be this. Sadly, this little gel just didn't have much effect. I think it did make the "good" parts of my feet feel soft (i.e. the top part) but it was pretty good to begin with anyway. Looks like I'll just have to find something a bit more heavy-duty, and I think a cream would probably work better - the best option I've found so far is plain old antiseptic cream, but even it has its limitations on my horrid feet!
UPDATE: Two words - foot file. It's the only thing that does anything to yucky feet because it literally removes the problem, that gross hard layer of skin. And post filing (ew, but satisfying) slathering on this cream ensures all my hard work pays off. It makes my kind of raw feet feel smooth and normal(!), so for that I am bumping it up a lippie! However, I must emphasize, a foot file (especially a heavy duty metal one, much like a cheese grater, available at the chemist) is critical, if you want to make a real difference on unpretty feet!