Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/16/2009 7:30:00 PM

It works well as a moisturizer but it smells horrible. Results were visible after the first use but as I walked around, I just kept smelling the lotion and it doesn't smell attractive. Its also very hard to wash off the smell.

I wanted so badly to love this stuff. I waited ever so patiently for my local Priceline to stock it and when it finally came in I had such high hopes because of the reviews on here. But to be honest I was really disappointed. In all fairness, my feet are pretty awful, and have some really rough, even hard patches. But after reading the reviews I was convinced if anything could tackle them, it would be this. Sadly, this little gel just didn't have much effect. I think it did make the "good" parts of my feet feel soft (i.e. the top part) but it was pretty good to begin with anyway. Looks like I'll just have to find something a bit more heavy-duty, and I think a cream would probably work better - the best option I've found so far is plain old antiseptic cream, but even it has its limitations on my horrid feet!
UPDATE: Two words - foot file. It's the only thing that does anything to yucky feet because it literally removes the problem, that gross hard layer of skin. And post filing (ew, but satisfying) slathering on this cream ensures all my hard work pays off. It makes my kind of raw feet feel smooth and normal(!), so for that I am bumping it up a lippie! However, I must emphasize, a foot file (especially a heavy duty metal one, much like a cheese grater, available at the chemist) is critical, if you want to make a real difference on unpretty feet!

I have been trying to give this stuff a chance based on the reviews and how everyone says it is the best foot cream, but I just can't get the results I want from it! I have really dry, cracked, and even now peeling feet in the winter. Gross, I know. But I have tried so many lotions and creams and scrubs to try to get them into better shape, and nothing seems to have lasting results. I have gone through two tubes of this stuff, simply because one tube does not last that long, because I needed to use alot. But I think this will be my last tube. I have left it on overnight with socks and plastic wrap, and when I wake up my feet feel nice, but later on, the roughness and dryness is back just as bad as ever. I guess I am going to have to keep looking!

on 10/15/2005 10:15:00 PM

I do a lot of walking, and I live in a city that gets down to -30 celcius in the winters. I'm so glad that I discovered it last winter, and I'm definitely keeping it by my side this year too. Right after it's applied, my feet instantly feels softer. The texture of the Norwegian forumula line probably isn't so great for hands, but is definitely fantastic for feet.

on 8/19/2004 3:36:00 PM

I love the texture of this product, makes my feet and hands feel so soft yet not overly greasy. The scent is okay, not great, but not too bad. The only qualms I have is I think the size is a little small for the price, especially since it's a low-end product. I will probably repurchase nontheless because it works!

EDIT: I'm getting sick of the scent, plus this stuff is too hard to spread around evenly and takes too long to absorb into the skin. I can't touch anything after I use it so I can't use it any time other than right before sleep.

on 6/17/2002 11:08:00 PM

Okay, I really like the way this stuff works. It says it lasts for more than 17 hours, and I believe it! I put it on at night and it stayed through my shower the next morning. It really helped my dry, diabetic feet. It even helped smooth over some callouses. However, the smell of this product is...well, how can I put this nicely? The nicest word I can think of to describe this odor is PUTRID! It's really yucky. A very heavy, heady, floral smell. Yuck. But it works. Here's a note to Neutrogena: You make all of your other Norwegian Formula products in Original and Fragrance-Free, so why not the Foot Cream? Please?

Popular Lotions / Creams