Cover Girl Perfect Blend Eye Pencil

3.8

on 3/14/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is old faithful for my waterline. Now it only gets occasional use when I do a smokey, dramatic look but I'm old enough to have used it every day when black waterlines were all the rage, so I've been through a great many over the years.

It's creamy but pigmented, making it easy to deposit colour without tugging such a sensitive area. It smudges easily on the lash line but has excellent lasting power on the waterline.

The smudge tip is oddly effective and can have a bit of an erasing quality which makes smokey looks quicker and makes a good option for a black base to add definition to dramatic shadows.

Will run if tears start and will smudge if you rub your eyes or after the 8hour mark, but a good, cheap option of the khol and kajal liners on the market at a similar price point.

on 3/13/2016 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It melts on my oily skin. I usually have a smudge or two at some point in the day when I use it. I like the blender tip so get a good line, I just won't be repurchasing after this one.

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/12/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great for the waterline! When I'm in a rush and want an extra POP of sexy, smudgy color on my eyes, Cobalt blue is my all-time fave. I can skip eyeshadow and smudge this along the upper and lower lashes, then onto waterline. 1-2 swipes and it's done! With a nude lip - super sexy! I tend to prefer a natural look on the eyes, but this really brightens them up. It looks even better hours later - it does fade off the waterline, but makes the eyes even smokier! It's matte blue. I've tried several other brands of blue eyeliner with a hint of shimmer, and they make my brown eyes look bloodshot.

This product has been around for decades, so it MUST be good! It's been in my kit since the 80's and it's the best liner EVER for the waterline - better than L'Oreal, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Rimmel, MakeUp Forever, Urban Decay - easiest to apply with great pigmentation. NYX is good for waterline too, but ends up a mess all over my eyes.
Inexpensive. Cap never breaks.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think it is a good eyeliner. I was originally looking for a dark brown liner for school, but I was in a rush and accidentally got the one in charcosl which is a grey. The colour is OK, but it really doesn't show up on my waterline. But, I did find a VERY good use for it. It is a GREAT brow pencil. I have dark brown hair, but my eyebrows are practically "black" but more grey ish, and if I fill them in with brown, it looks odd, and if I fill them in with black it is too bold. So this grey worked perfectly. I kust draw the "hairs" then use the sponge smudger to soften it, and BAM! Perfect eyebrows. So overall, I am quite pleased with the product besidea the packaging. The plastic caps in mine cracked only a week after I bought it! On and the oencil is quite short too. I got mine for 5.50, and I don't think it is worth the price, unless it is a full sized eyeliner. But the product itself is great and personally, I enjoy the smudger, others not so. I think it is a personal thing. Like if you are young and want to wear discreet eteliner on your top lid, but din't want it too harsh it is good, or if you are going for a smokey look. If neither of those 2 apply to you, the smudger is basically useless to you. Since the packaging is 4 stars, and the price is 4 stars, I eould have to say the overall score is 4 stars.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As an eyeliner, this was a pretty okay product. But as a brow pencil? Game changer. I've got super sparse eyebrows and even though I have very dark hair, my eyebrows aren't very dark, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of the eyebrows lighter than your hair rule in most cases, including mine. So I got this pencil in black brown initially as an eyeliner, because I liked that you could smudge it because my everyday look is a brown smokey eye. It served its purpose. But one day I couldn't find my Anastasia brow pencil, so I decided to use this. OH MY GOD. My eyebrows were FLAWLESS. My coworker says my eyebrows are on fleek every time I use this (which is every day now) and one of my friends who never really gives compliments said my eyebrows were perfect. Holy Grail.

on 4/25/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to pencil. I have the black-brown one and it is very soft and natural looking. It is very creamy and easy to apply. It comes off easily with soap and water too! The only thing I don't like is the smudger at the end. I don't use it too much. Also, the staying power isn't fantastic (I can get like 5-6 hours of wear before it fades). This is my favorite drugstore pencil and will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed Cover Girl's Perfect Blend Eyeliner in Mink -- I've never been without this since, oh, forever.

Eyeliner in anything but deep brown or black is so hit or miss for me; I bet I've tried 20+ "taupe" or "mink" liners, only to find them too light or too muddy. The CG Perfect Blend pencil in mink, however, is the ultimate light brown/taupe. The color is slightly darker than the usual taupe liner, just a tad glimmery without looking sparkly, and, true to its name, blends perfectly. The texture is soft without being too soft, and wears as well or better than most pencil liners.

I took off a lippie for two reasons: one, the "blender" on the end is impossible to use, at least for me, and two, I WANT A BIGGER PENCIL. That's right, CG -- get rid of the "blender" and give me a full-sized liner instead.

I don't understand what's happened to Cover Girl. The entire line has gone downhill ever since Proctor and Gamble bought the company although I do think the lipsticks have improved since the old days. However the overall quality of the products have suffered greatly since Noxell Corp. sold it to P&G. Even the names have gotten tacky- Clump Crusher (sounds like a child's toy), Lash Blast ( another child's toy name?), Lash Blast Fusion (sounds like a video game) and the list goes on. Silly names do not make a good product. The only non embarrassing name is Outlast but those products are another story. Evidently an appropriate name doesn't make a good product either.
That being said, this eyeliner I bought was in the plum shade. It went on easily but within minutes one of my eyes started to water. The upper eyelid started to itch and get red. So much for opthamologist tested. When I used the black, this did not happen. I learned that there are less color pigments in black than plum so the potential to irritate sensitive individuals is less. Anyhow, it smears quite easily.
Save your money and if you want a drugstore brand, get Revlon,which is far superior to the Proctor and Gamble owned Cover Girl Cosmetics and not the way it should have stayed Noxell owned.

on 11/20/2013 6:13:00 PM

My go-to liner... The blue color stays all day on whatever weather! Buy it!

on 6/6/2013 2:36:00 PM

This stuff smudged and I looked like a drug addict by the end of the day. Not a pretty picture. I'll stick with my EL Double Wear pencil. At least that stays where it's supposed to.