COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/16/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used everthing from high end to cheap in my time with makeup. I keep comin back to this everytimer. I love this. Its affordable,doesnt break me out and it stays on through a 12hr shift as bein a nurse. I like that its never changed its formula. Always dependabl product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Cheekers blushes have been my latest drugstore cosmetic obsession ;) The quality of these *really* surprised me! After years of ONLY wanting super pigmented and bright blushes, I realized that the blushes I'd been wearing were a bit too bold to be pairing with my 30yr old fair skin and the smokey eye looks I like to rock very often ;)
I have 8 of these Cheekers blushes now. -Classic Pink, Rose Silk, Iced Cappuccino, True Plum, Deep Plum, Plumberry Glow, Pretty Peach, and Natural Twinkle. They all have a slight sheen or shimmer to them, but it's not overbearing or overpowering. I have oily skin with very large/visible pores so there are a lot of blushes with sheen and shimmer that I just can not pull off because they emphasize my pores but I do NOT have that issue with any of these, Thank goodness!
Of the 8 I currently own, Natural Twinkle is the most natural on my fair, warm skin (I'd be around N10/NC15 in MAC) I'd describe it as a pale, pink undertoned baby plum and very natural. But Natural Twinkle is also the least pigmented :( It takes quite a few swipes of my brush to get enough product for my cheeks. I AM able to make it work since I have very fair skin, but anyone with a deep skintone may not be as pleased with this blush..I don't use Natural Twinkle as often as I'd like though and is the only one I don't think I'll repurchase.
True Plum lives very true to it's name, and is everything I wanted Natural Twinkle to be. It's certainly the most plummy of all of my Cheekers blushes, esp. when looking at it in the pan. Once it's applied to the skin though it turns into more of a plum pink, and resembles NYX Cream blush in Rose Petal (which is my favorite cream blush of all time!)
Classic Pink is that perfect barbie pink / bubblegum pink shade with very natural blue undertones. It is a bright pink but without being over the top clown pink, &still wearable for an everyday cheek or natural look.
Plumberry Glow is another pink plum, def more on the pinky side of plum and has a little more sheen than my other Cheekers, which is ok because I think I expected it do due to the name "plumberry GLOW" lol and am cool with the glow it gives. This is one of those blushes that has enough sheen that it doubles as a highlighter. Perfect for days when I'm in a pinch and need to quickly apply my makeup and don't have time to precisely apply highlighter. Also extremely pigmented.
Rose Silk is VERY much like NARS Orgasm blush (They've been compared as "dupes" of eachother on several beauty blogs I've read) So if NARS Orgasm is a shade you like or that you've been interested in trying, give Rose Silk a try first and you may just save yourself a little cash :)
Iced Cappuccino is by far the darkest blush of my cheekers collection. I actually wore this blush a lot in HighSchool (12yrs ago!) when my skin was much darker (due to self tanning) and it was a natural blush on me then, but now that I haven't tanned in years, it's way too dark to use as a regular blush. It's more of a contour shade/bronzer for me. Iced Cappuccino will work well as a blush for you if you are darker than N/NC/NW25-30 in MAC. If you're lighter than that then it will be a nice contour or bronzer shade (which is ofcourse what I now use it for) Iced Cappuccino is one of the more pigmented of these blushes, but unfortunately is the only other that I don't think I'll repurchase just because I don't use it very often. I repurchased it about a year ago after remembering how well I liked it in HighSchool but I don't wear it as a bronzer/contour often enough to buy again. Just because it's not *my* perfect blush shade though doesn't mean it can't be yours, esp. if you have a darker complexion or a very fair complexion and haven't yet found a bronzer or contour powder that isn't orange or too dark brown :)
Preetty Peach is a perfect pinky peach. I have to stay away from anything too peachy/orangey/coraly as those shades never seem to flatter my warm skintone. I was afraid to try this blush simply because of the name having "peach" in it Lol -Thankfully the peach isn't overbearing and it's more pink than anything else. This is another that is quite pigmented and for me, one of my "my cheeks but better" every day blushes. I highly recommend Pretty Peach ALL the time to EVERYONE. It's extremely versatile.
Deep Plum is NOT true to it's name Lol &Not in a bad way, it's just more of a mauvey medium pink with plum undertones. This is another that is very pigmented and extremely versatile so will work for the fairest of the fair skintones to the much deeper skintones and everyone in between.
Overall, I'm pleased with my Cheekers collection :) They're very inexpensive, $3.79 at my local WalMart store, and around $4.50 at my local CVS & Wags. CVS & Wags also very often have BOGO 50% off CG sales, so it's easy to score more than one for around $7 USD.
The packaging is a bit meh and blah.. Very plain silver compact with a clear, see through lid. The compacts look very cheap, but they do hold up well over time and with travel as well. (I carry these in my purse from time to time, they get smushed around but always stay intact). The enclosed brush that comes with these is USELESS. The first thing I do when opening a new one is throw the brush away. It's very scratchy and doesn't apply blush evenly.
I also have very acne/clog-prone skin and none of the CG blushes give me breakout issues which is a big plus for me!
Overall I highly recommend.
*Update*
I've recently purchased 3 more cheekers blushes - Plum Plush, Golden Pink, Rock 'n Rose. Unfortunately Plum Plush is just too dark for my skintone, even if I apply sparingly.. Rock 'n Rose & Golden Pink however, are BEAUTIFUL. I can't believe I waited this long to try these 2 shades, they've quickly become 2 of the most reached for blushes in my stash (which contains blushes from CG to NARS to Burberry) 5 lippies well deserved! Golden Pink, Rock 'n Rose, & True Plum are my 3 picks from this line -High

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are really great blushes! Why in the name of Jeebus pay $30 for a blush when you can get good ones at the drugstore? If you want better quality & packaging, upgrade from these for a bit more $ to Jordana or Milani, those are truly amazing.
As for the CG Cheekers, definitely do not bother with the pale soft colors because they don't show up (even on pale skin) but the bright/deeper ones are surprisingly good & give great bang for the buck. They stick right to base makeup & blend wonderfully with brushes. The blush itself will last forever even with daily use. Yes, there's a strong perfumey scent but it doesn't transfer to the face so it doesn't bother me. The packaging & brush is terrible but I don't care either since I easily de-pot mine & carry it in a travel compact with my shadows. Get a coupon or wait for a sale & try these out for just a couple of bucks, you might be surprised. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have this in Golden Pink and I love it :) it goes really well with my tanned skin. Pigmentation is really good and it smells like baby powder! Does not irritate my acne-prone skin and it lasts all day!

These blushes are really great! I have two (pretty peach and plumberry glow) Both I absolutely love to use. I love the smell, some may find it offputting, but I like it. The pigmentation is really good and you get a lot of product for the inexpensive price. I definitely would buy more of these. The packaging is okay. I havent had any break on me, so it doesn't bother me.

on 10/4/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not going to lie, I am typically a makeup snob, and I haven't purchased or worn Cover Girl products since I was in high school almost 20 years ago. I am an avid couponer though, and had a great coupon recently that made some Cover Girl products practically free, so I stocked up and bought about 8 different colors - Cinnamon Toast, Iced Cappuccino, brick rose, and several others. I am a fair redhead with brown eyes, warm undertones & freckles. So far I am pleased with all of them. The staying power seems to be quite good, and there's a wide variety of colors available. They are fairly well pigmented and not too powdery. It does have a very "Noxzema" scent (like all Cover Girl products seem to have), but it transports me back to high school and I don't mind it. The packaging is less than stellar - cheap plastic with a tiny, useless brush. But, for the price of the product that isn't a dealbreaker. I use my own blush brush to apply this and it works just fine. Overall, I think this is an excellent, nice quality blush for the ridiculously cheap price.

on 9/24/2011 2:29:00 PM

i had a coupon that if u buy two cv products, u get one for $3 off, so i got a mascara i think that was on sale for $3, and i got this for free! i got it in rose, and it work so well! i use my own blush brush, but other than that, its amazing! i definitely recommend it!

on 9/18/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First and actually only blushes I ever really loved and used up. Plumberry Glow is the just came in from the cold flush nearly every other blush promises to be. Peach is luminous, and truly peachy. The price is great but would not be worth it if they were cheap but did not perform well. Long lasting, not streaky. Yes there is a scent and some shimmer, but no glitter, no frost, just a glow, and the scent has never bothered by incredibly sensitive skin. These do for me what other more expensive blushes say they will and for a fraction of the price. Used daily they will still last you a good year.

It's a great blush. I have this in Deep Plum 154 but it's a little too dark for me so I'll repurchase this in Plumberry Glow 140.
I don't mind the smell much cuz it's not that noticeable to me. I noticed that all Cover Girl products have a soft, nice (at least to me) scent. It stays thru school so I'm cool w/ it.
I like the "compact" size tho the brush is too stiff. I use EcoTool brush for it.
For $4 it's pretty amazing stuff

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Two of my all time favorite blushes are CG Cheekers. Sierra Sands and Golden Pink. The Sierra Sands, I discovered way back in 92' when CG first added colors for WOC. Golden Pink, I have been wearing since about 01'. They are both great neutrals that look pretty and never over done. I always have them in my stash.

Popular Blush Products