OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner

OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner

2.7

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Bethentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Silk Amino Complex, Coconut Milk, Egg White Protein, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Terasodium EDTA, Fragrance, DMDM Hydatoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 5/26/2018 6:29:00 PM

This conditioner seems to be the Marmite of conditioners - hate it or love it, and no in-between.
I no longer use Organix shampoos, as my hair gets quite oily and now that it's no longer dyed there's no reason for me to use sulphate-free cleansers. I have to shampoo & rinse 2 to 3 times in the shower with sulphate-free stuff as quite simply, they are not as effective at stripping oil and build up from my scalp and hair. If I want to protect hair colour's lifespan on my head then yes, it's great - but other than that it just wastes money.

I still use Organix conditioners and leave-in oils at the ends - they just seem to agree with my fine,wavy, porous hair and don't weigh it down like crazy. If your hair is coarser and less porous (i.e. hair dyes show up on your hair less) then this probably won't work for you, and I can imagine it would be very underwhelming. It's worth a try if you have fine hair like me as it won't leave a thick "waxy" coating like some conditioners.

The organix bottle shapes though, oh my God. It's worse for the conditioners since they are thicker and more viscous than the shampoos, once they are half empty you need superhuman strength to squeeze the bottle hard enough to get some of the conditioner out. Wish Organix would sort it out!

on 7/18/2017 1:33:00 AM

The first time I used this product, my hair was full and bouncy. (I have 2c/3a hair). But after a few more uses, I noticed my hair getting drier and drier. I think it is a proteins in the product. My hair doesn't usually react well to proteins. I thought maybe there wouldn't be too much in this product and bought it based on other high reviews on another site.

on 8/30/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started using this because honestly, my curls were limp and dry and it had the word milk in it. Milk to me in beauty products automatically screams hydrating. So, I bought it. The smell is lovely, tropical and clean. However, it the product itself isn't that amazing. I would compare it to your standard, low range conditioner.

I gave this another go when I travelled overseas to Hawaii. Humid temps, I was dreading the havoc it was about to do to my hair. Picked this up at a corner shop in a travel size and was disappointed again. The hotels shampoo/cond. was better quality.

It's not horrible, but for it's price it's underwhelming. Don't really waste your time on the coconut milk range as OGX has a lot of better products available.

When i purchased this Conditioner i loved the smell and i thought this was going to address all my hair concerns. I used this Conditioner in conjunction with the shampoo and the results weren't good. I had frizzy, static, and very fluffy hair. Wouldn't purchase again.

on 4/20/2016 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I felt compelled to write a review on this conditioner because of how HORRIBLE it is. I have literally bought conditioner that is $1 and it was much better than this. I tried making this conditioner work, I even used the whole bottle because i didn't want to waste it. It did not make my hair silky nor smooth. It did not detangle whatsoever. It did not even feel like I had used conditioner, and I left on my hair for the recommended time. Don't waste your money on this one guys. I gave it two lippies because the smell is absolutely amazing. This is the best smelling conditioner I've probably ever tried, but other than that it serves no purpose in my honest opinion.

on 2/28/2016 4:08:00 PM

I have damaged hair, curly and thick and honestly this surprised me! My hair feels so much better with this!! I definitely would recommend this to someone that has damaged hair. Been using this product for some time now (:

on 1/10/2016 2:53:00 AM

So I was shocked when I saw how low this was rated since I'm on my third bottle, but everyone's hair is different and we all have different preferences...
To review:
I rather enjoy this conditioner, it has a slightly milky texture and runs pretty thin for a conditioner. Being aware that this is not a mask it does not intend to be very thick to begin with. I enjoy the way this makes my hair feel and think it does a good job in working up a good slip in my hair without leaving it feeling gross afterwards. Not the best, certainly not the worst.
Recommendation: Target and Ulta often have OGX products in the extra large '50% more free' size so I always buy it there.

it's strange to me that this has such low reviews. I use this in conjunction with the coordinating shampoo and I absolutely adore it. I've tried dozens of other shampoo/conditioner combos and I keep coming back to this! I just bought my third bottle yesterday. this conditioner has a great smell and medium consistency. I have fine, medium thick, wavy hair and this product makes it so shiny and smooth. it dry angles my long hair as well. I apply this all over, throw my hair up in a bun and let it soak in for about five minutes. then I rinse it and immediately I feel the effects. I love this and the matching shampoo so much, I don't think I'll ever buy another kind!

on 11/7/2015 11:08:00 PM

I have pretty thick hair that tangles as soon as it gets wet, and this conditioner did absolutely nothing to detangle. I had to use practically half the bottle just to get my hair manageable for combing it. It has a nice smell, but that's the only good quality. If you have thick hair I would advise against this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used this with the coordinating shampoo, and I liked the shampoo, but not this conditioner.

While I liked the smell and the thicker consistency of the shampoo, I disliked the smell and the thin consistency of this conditioner. The smell was fake, and I usually need a bit of a thicker conditioner if I want to have any hope to reduce the static and frizz that comes with my fine hair and dry climate.

I will continue to use up this shampoo and conditioner, but once I finish it, I will not repurchase.