L'Oreal Wear Infinite single in Golden Olive

Wear Infinite single in Golden Olive

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an extremely well-pigmented drugstore eyeshadow! The color is a beautiful golden-olive, just as the name implies, and the texture is much silkier and much less dry than most of my drugstore eyeshadows. It does tend to fade and migrate slightly on my lids throughout the day, but I have a relatively active job, and I also don't use an eyeshadow base at the moment, just concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in fair) and powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light). I paired it with MAC's Satin Taupe and L'oreal Shimmering Shroom (my go-to highlighter) and got tons of compliments.

on 1/8/2010 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this (along with the Wear Infinite single in ‘Antique Brown’) at CVS for 75% off. I am a sucker for olive/khaki shades for my brown eyes. This is a nice mid-tone olive shade (more green than brown) with a really nice golden ‘perle’ effect (not over-the-top shimmer). It has nice soft, silky texture and decent pigmentation. I only need to swipe my brush over the pan one time to pick up enough product. I like this as a wash over my entire lid or concentrated on my lash-line. It pairs well with champagnes, golds, and light browns. It lasts all day over a base (L’Oreal HIP cream shadow paints or my favorite Lumeme eye shadow base). While Wear Infinite singles & quads are a hit-or-miss for me, ‘Golden Olive’ is a hit. A real steal for around $1, though well-worth its full price. Get it while you can, I assume this shade is being discontinued.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

isnt this just my luck i find an HG olive & its being DCed! i was looking for something similar to JustForRedheads toasted olive but way cheaper (have to buy the trio to get this & the reg price of that is $50). i found it tonight at a CVS so i picked it up. side by side the 2 colors are almost identical! i found my dupe but its being discontined aaahhhhhh!!!

on 10/2/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the color, texture and price. Very pretty with plums, bronzes and golds. I uploaded the picture above (natural light, no flash), I am wearing this as my eyeshadow with Prestige Sage eyeliner, MAC Mulch in the crease and Lancome Honeymoon under the brow bone with Maybelline Full n' Soft black mascara. Great for green or hazel eyes!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I guess they are discontinuing this line which is really upsetting, but it means I got this super cheap, $2.64 at Target. I honestly was blown away by the color pay off and blendability this has! It is smooth, and an extremely gorgeous golden olive color, true to its name. I have dark blue eyes and this made them really pop, my boss he gave me a compliment about how pretty my eyes looked with this! I am definitely comparing this to a MAC shadow, I would say mostly to a Veluxe Pearl (which IMO is the best MAC shadow formulation) I simply love this shade, thumbs up L'oreal. This makes me want to go back and pick up a few more shades they had for super cheap.

on 4/5/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A very pretty golden olive eyeshadow. Like the frosted icing shadow from L'oreal, it is a pain to load this shadow on a brush, but the color payoff with this shadow is MUCH better- a sheer gold, dark green tone. This is my go-to green shadow, and it's very cheap and often on BOGO.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm tempted to buy a dozen or so of these just in case it's discontinued. This is the perfect green/brown for my medium olive skin. I am amazed at how hgihly pigmented it is too. Be aware that this is a drugstore product, so the powder does not feel smooth or silky and is kind of grainy, but a beautiful color at this price deserves the five lippies I gave it. I apply it over UDPP, and I use an eyeshadow brush. It lasts all day. ($4.29 USD)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I just purchased this product today while at the store. I was so excited to try it that I was in my car putting on the color lol. It came out really pretty. I love using olive colors as an eyeliner....it is my "black" eyeliner. The color is really pretty and really makes my dark brown eyes pop when used on the lid. I took a eyeliner brush and used it to line the bottom of my eyes to really make them stand out when i got home. I would recommend this color to anyone who wants to venture into color but may be afraid to do so. The color can be applied to the intensity you want for a day or nighttime look. This color is giving my MAC eyeshadows a run for their money. Will definately repurchase.

This is my new favorite eyeshadow! It's a dark golden green (as the name implies), and looks intense in the package, but it goes on sheer, which makes it extremely wearable. A lot of women might shy away from green eyeshadow, but this is very nuetral and would look great on anyone. Right now I'm wearing it with brown eyeliner, a shimmery peach blush and nude lipgloss and I feel really gorgeous without feeling over done. My other eyeshadows probably won't get much use as long as I have this!

on 7/17/2008 12:16:00 AM

Really pretty color - it's like a olivey/brownyish with a bit of shimmer. If used light, it can be pulled off for a day time look, while at the same time is dramatic enough to be used at night.