Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner

3.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like how gentle this feels and the texture of it, and it sure does remove excess oils and dirt on my face. However, I am not sure whether I would buy this again, as it only lasts me for three months.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- very hydrating
- does not irritate
- scent is not too strong
- a little goes a long way

Cons:
- too pricey

Most toners are watery but this feels like a watered down milky moisturizer. I remove the makeup off my face with oil before I use cleanser so I don't notice any leftover dirt when I use the toner. With the Hydro-Plumping Re-texturizing Serum Concentrate and Ultra Facial Moisturizer, my face feels soft and comfortably hydrated.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is for me a very hydrating toner which soothes my skin. Sometimes its flaky but combined with the ultra facial moisturizer it stays hydrated all day. And i have some huge pores, they do fade a little using this.

This is a very nurturing milky clear toner that is gentle and hydrating. I was worried that it would leave my skin sticky or dry with a residue, but it didn't. This toner left my skin feeling refreshed with a matt finish and ready for my moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not For my skin type

Was surprised at the milky appearance. Quite moisturizing.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am 32 years old. Over the years I have tried many skincare products. I am not loyal to any brand and will try a new product as soon as I run out. The one thing that I will always repurchase is this toner. My dry flakey skin adores it.

After cleansing with my clarisonic, I use this on face and neck on a cotton pad to remove any remaining gunk. There usually are some as I can see it on the cotton pad. This toner preps my skin for the next step which are serums. Those cost$$ so I want to make sure my skin is absorbing it the best it can.

I hope they never stop making this.

There's always a debate what toners actually do (except toning and nobody has scientific evidence what that means) and whether a toner should be part of your skincare routine. I say try one out and decide for yourself. There are NO miracle products and no prescribed routines that work for everyone.

Having said that, if you do decide to try one, I can recommend this toner from Kiehls. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way. It's gentle, which I'm willing to defend as one of the most important rules in skincare even though I just wrote that there are no universal skincare rules. Go figure :). It takes off remaining residues after cleansing, because I can see that on my cotton pad. And it feels hydrating to ME (and it might not to you, to all its own). Since I started using this toner, I skipped using a serum (gasps all around!). Why? Because I've yet to find a serum that really works for me and is not yet another expensive bottle of liquid vitamins that only penetrate the outer dermis anyway.

Lastly, just responding to some previous reviews: I do not use this on or around my eyes ( people, the skin around your eyes is THIN, so be careful), I do not use this as the single step in my cleansing routine (isn't cut out for that) and I do not combine it with the whole Ultra line from Kiehls.

I get the feeling that it settles on the skin and it stays there all day. It also makes my skin more irritated than it already is.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good.
Nothing bad to say about this one. Works well with the cleanser in the same family and just bought the whole family range to try. Using midnight recovery at night after ultra cleanser and this toner as well as the spf50 moisturiser for daytime. Really like them all for the moment. Will repost if I have any adverse changes to that. Definitely worth their price at the moment certainly anyway. My skin feels soft and clear but not sure which one its down to specifically or if its the combination of the range. Definitely recommend though at the moment!