Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner

3.8

Was surprised at the milky appearance. Quite moisturizing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is for me a very hydrating toner which soothes my skin. Sometimes its flaky but combined with the ultra facial moisturizer it stays hydrated all day. And i have some huge pores, they do fade a little using this.

This is a very nurturing milky clear toner that is gentle and hydrating. I was worried that it would leave my skin sticky or dry with a residue, but it didn't. This toner left my skin feeling refreshed with a matt finish and ready for my moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not For my skin type

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am 32 years old. Over the years I have tried many skincare products. I am not loyal to any brand and will try a new product as soon as I run out. The one thing that I will always repurchase is this toner. My dry flakey skin adores it.

After cleansing with my clarisonic, I use this on face and neck on a cotton pad to remove any remaining gunk. There usually are some as I can see it on the cotton pad. This toner preps my skin for the next step which are serums. Those cost$$ so I want to make sure my skin is absorbing it the best it can.

I hope they never stop making this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good.
Nothing bad to say about this one. Works well with the cleanser in the same family and just bought the whole family range to try. Using midnight recovery at night after ultra cleanser and this toner as well as the spf50 moisturiser for daytime. Really like them all for the moment. Will repost if I have any adverse changes to that. Definitely worth their price at the moment certainly anyway. My skin feels soft and clear but not sure which one its down to specifically or if its the combination of the range. Definitely recommend though at the moment!

I get the feeling that it settles on the skin and it stays there all day. It also makes my skin more irritated than it already is.

There's always a debate what toners actually do (except toning and nobody has scientific evidence what that means) and whether a toner should be part of your skincare routine. I say try one out and decide for yourself. There are NO miracle products and no prescribed routines that work for everyone.

Having said that, if you do decide to try one, I can recommend this toner from Kiehls. It's not cheap, but a little goes a long way. It's gentle, which I'm willing to defend as one of the most important rules in skincare even though I just wrote that there are no universal skincare rules. Go figure :). It takes off remaining residues after cleansing, because I can see that on my cotton pad. And it feels hydrating to ME (and it might not to you, to all its own). Since I started using this toner, I skipped using a serum (gasps all around!). Why? Because I've yet to find a serum that really works for me and is not yet another expensive bottle of liquid vitamins that only penetrate the outer dermis anyway.

Lastly, just responding to some previous reviews: I do not use this on or around my eyes ( people, the skin around your eyes is THIN, so be careful), I do not use this as the single step in my cleansing routine (isn't cut out for that) and I do not combine it with the whole Ultra line from Kiehls.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Great hydrating toner. It contains Apricot Kernel oil, Avocado oil and Vitamin E, and it's non-alcoholic. Great for dehydrated, dry or sensitive skin. The product gently removes surface debris and remaining residue while hydrating and comforting. Very nice product, however - way too pricy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

* THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE OIL-FREE FORMULA *

So first off a little background of my skin:
Really sensitive (especially to products and certain ingredients), combinated-dehydrated (normal-oily t-zone, and really dry cheeks), prone to breakouts especially on the forhead.

A few years ago I ALWAYS used a toner, but then I stopped because I though it was unnecasary, or something like that. Now, lately I've been hearing about how important it really is, so I though I would give this one a go. I mean, it looked pretty nice and the claims as well.

It just haven't done ANYTHING for my skin. I still belive in using a toner, but maybe I'll find another one that's more clarifying. I hoped this would be great for my breakouts, or at least hydrate my skin, but as I said, I haven't noticed anything.

Also, this is pretty expensive, so maybe I'll try one from the drugstore next time.